Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evolution MX-P on BH?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evolution MX-P on BH?
    Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:15pm
How are people liking the MX-P on BH?  As much as on FH?
Sponsored Links

The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:46pm
That is my rubber of choice for the BH, don't like it for the Fh, though. I loop, flick, and block with my BH and barely chop to begin with. I think the MX-P has an excellent ratio between speed and spin, with low enough throw arc for the BH loop kill. The tuning effect worn out really fast, though.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:50pm
why don't you like it on FH?
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:53pm
It just doesn't feel right. I started with Chinese rubbers and when I decided to switch, the Xiom Omega V gave me the closest feeling that I didnt have to change my FH strokes.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 9:01pm
It's a little too hard for my tastes on BH side. 
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 9:22pm
does it feel harder to you than T 05?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 9:32pm
Yes, overall MX-P is just a touch harder than 05.  EL-P in turn is a touch softer.  It is not that hard to adjust to either one on the FH.  For me on BH, MX-P is too hard.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 11:46pm
I have tried MX-P FH/BH on the same blade and to me MX-P can be both a FH / BH rubber ; My BH primarily involves Serves , Push , Block , banana flick , Hit and Occasional spin variation loops from few feet away  - MXP in all these regards works well being really grippy topsheet + hard sponge. 
At the end of the day it all depends on the stroke you execute most of the time and how the rubber compliments those strokes . 

Edited by right2niru - 03/03/2015 at 11:47pm
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
zhijie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhijie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:04am
MX-P feels too hard on BH. I like EL-P better on BH. It's medium hardness.
IneptVirtuoso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IneptVirtuoso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 12:04am
MX-P on the backhand is a very solid choice. I used it for a few months both FH and BH and I plan on using it again (on BH) when my skill level increases. I do think, however, that you need to be a very talented player to get the best of this rubber. Because of its hardness and speed, it may sometimes be hard to control. This is why I changed back to a softer (way softer) rubber for backhand to fix some technique and feeling issues. 

What I loved the most about the MX-P was its ability to loop (BH) far from the table. I found it hard to bottom out. I also found it much more controllable than T05. Its blocks were very crisp and quick and the flicks were also amazing as the ball doesn't stay on the rubber too long. In fact, it rebounds quickly, which is something I love on backhand rubbers. IMHO, I found the MX-P to be better in almost every aspect than T05. I found it to be a tad faster, noticeably spinnier, and not as jumpy or sensible to spin. Its arc is lower than T05, but unless you like Tenergy arc on BH, MX-P is an excellent choice.  

Generally, players prefer soft rubbers on their backhand looking for a bit extra of control. But for me, a quick-rebound, fast and spinny rubber like MX-P is the way to go. It would be my BH choice as soon as I feel I'm good enough to use it.
In a rather unfortunate turn of events, I've officially joined the EJ club. My wallet is complaining, my heart isn't.

Care to know what I own?

You don't want to know.
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 3:07am
Perhaps it depends on the blade too. I use MX-P on FH and BH on Stiga Offensive Classic and can't say the feeling is hard. On the contrary - the combo is very controllable and powerful enough when needed. Very god touch on BH. The right throw angle for close - mid distance play.
BTW I'm curious how the rubber play on hard composite blades.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic