FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

JOOLA Vyzaryz Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2020 at 6:07pm
Hi, now there is the JOOLA VYZARYZ TRINITY and a review from Yogi.

I want to try it so badly!!!

Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2020 at 7:33pm
the Freeze is still my favorite. The other 2 are really good too but they just seem to be faster than what I wanted. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2021 at 7:27pm
I bought a Trinity blade earlier this year, because I found the triple weave intriguing. I'm not a huge ZLC fan myself, I prefer ALC so the Trinity with the triple weave seamed like something special. (I do understand the befit to ZLC and I would love to take advantage of it, but so far I wasn't able to with pure ZLC blades)

I will take the opportunity to take yogi_bear's Joola review as base since I think excellent points were made in it.

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Weight: 87 grams
Plies: 5+2 (Limba, X3 – Limba – Ayous – Limba – X3 – Limba)
Thickness: 5.76 mm
Speed: Off to Off+
Stiffness: Nearly Stiff
I know even Joola is saying this has an Ayous core, but that is totally BS. This blade has Kiri core. Quite easy to determine, on the cross section kiri has "year ring holes", while ayous doesn't have any year ring type holes, just a very consistent hole pattern. In fact I saw Joola say Kiri or Ayous in different catalogues (english vs chinese). This is very WTF, they don't know what they designed?

This is the one that I tested first since this is the unique blade in the series and probably the first of its kind in the market that I know of. Having 3 composite materials in a single weave is unheard of for me for major brands. Other blades that I know in the market now are composed of alc and zlc on one side of the blade but never the combination of 3 materials. Overall construction of the blade is comparable to Butterfly’s higher end blades. The Korean factory that makes these blades has good quality control compared to the previous Chinese factory that makes their older blades. I forgot if Sunflex is the one that makes their older blades or some other OEM factories. The handle felt a little bigger than the TB ALC in some of the areas. The measurement is 25.66mm x 34mm at the base of the flared handle but in some area such as the neck of the blade, it felt a little bigger than the TB ALC. I have another blade from a different brand that was made under the same factory but it was a little smaller. The logo is made of thin metal covered by plastic probably to protect tarnishing due to sweat contact.
Fully agree, quality is excellent, I would even dare to say that the Korean factory might condition the wood better than Butterfly. I think the other Korean brand mentioned is Xiom and indeed the handle of Joola is thicker and more coarse. I prefer it over Xiom.

I used the JOOLA Dynaryz AGR, JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45, TSP Spectol Red and Battle 2 rubbers for this test. I opted to use several rubbers because I needed to see the blade’s flexibility in using different kinds of rubbers for different styles of game plays. To be honest, the Vyzaryz Trinity felt weird when I was using it for the first time. It felt weird in the sense that the feeling is quite different and not because it felt bad. It was an unusual feel because the mix of zylon’s stiffness combined with some flexy feel of the arylate. It is hard to describe the feel but let me just say that it is not as stiff as the Vyzaryz Hybrid which only uses ZLC or any other ZLC or Super ZLC blades in the market but at the same time it feels much harder or has more stiffness than usual ALC blades.
I tried H3 OS 41, Rozena, Stiga Mantra Hard, Battle 2 golden, battle 2 blue sponge, Tibhar K2, and Yasaka hovering dragon and Butterfly Aibiss.
I totally agree again with the reviewer, it feels nothing like any other blade. For sure the triple weaved artificial material has a role, but in fact this is a very complex topic. I understand this was a review made especially for Joola so competitors are barely named (but surely tested tho), the weirdness comes from the slightly thicker outer limba layer, the unusual artificial material construction and the slightly thinner kiri core's combination. The thicker outer limba wants to absorb energy almost like an innerforce blade, then there's the flexible nature of arylate that spices up thins once the outer limba is penetrated, and after that if you try to dial in big shots the kiri wants to flex, but the zylon makes it tensioned. This blade has many gears, and if you are someone who wants a slower blade on weak shots but a faster blade on powerful shots you should consider. On weak shots there is no vibration but on powerful shots it feels like a thinner (boll ZLF) blade with the extra benefit of the outer limba's deformation characteristics. 

For the speed, even though it is rated as Off, I can definitely say it is Off+ because I would placed it as a notch or 2 faster than Viscaria which we all know is rated as an Off+ blade but if you try to analyze it, it is not that fast compared to other known off+ blades. The TB ALC having the same composition as the Viscaria also felt slower than the Trinity and you can feel the difference in speed. The speed is fast not only because I was using the Dynaryz AGR on the forehand and Rhyzer 45 in the backhand but because despite using the Battle 2 at middle distance, I did not feel any reduction of speed. Although the Battle 2 was boosted, I felt that when I was using the Viscaria or TB ALC at middle distance I did feel some reduction in speed. People who tend to counter at far distance from the table will not have any problems with the Trinity because the speed and power it offers away from the table is fairly substantial. It maybe be a bit slower than the Zylon blades but it can hold on its own with such distance.
Some great points were made here. So a Viscaria or Boll ALC has much higher speed on on low power shots or slow incoming shots. You don't have to give in much force, the blade will take care of the speed. However this blade is not fast on low power shots, it's kinda slow in fact. But on higher power shots Viscaria cannot transport your energy as efficiently as the Trinity blade, hence high power shots with Trinity are faster by EXTREME margins. This is most likely due to the Zylon fiber's tension.

Despite some flex offered by the Trinity, it felt better as a power looping blade instead of a spinny, slow looping type of play. Sure there is flex due to the ALC component but I feel it would be wasted if you will not take advantage on what the Zylon’s stiffness is giving to increase the speed of your strokes. In that, I would recommend it to a player which has a bit higher level of skills to fully utilize the blade. When looping with the Dynaryz AGR or Rhyzer 45, it had a medium-high and long arc while with the boosted Battle 2 rubber, it had a medium-low and long arc.
I kind of disagree on this point. It is extremely good for both slow spinny loops and for power loops. Since on slow balls it has an increased dwell time it can generate more spin and lift, but due to more efficient energy transfer it is excellent for power shots. Limba's characteristics on high power shots also helps to kick the ball.  Nevertheless this is not a blade for beginners, I would actually say it is only for advanced or pro level players. I would imagine for beginners this blade has nothing to offer.
I would recommend it with lower throw angle rubbers since the limba lifts the ball and this blade is not for brushing shots. It is for hitting shots. If you have a brush technique this will feel slow. You need to hit trough the limba to access the artificial fibers benefits. For brushing shots Viscaria is better.

Overall, it is multi-dimensional blade. It takes some time to fully adjust to the feel but it is an excellent blade. To say that the Trinity has the best of both worlds – zylon and alc characteristics, is an understatement. It felt very stable due to the combination of zlc and alc when blocking but when attacking, it has some flex of the alc that will let you loop in properly but also offers additional power due to the rigidity of the zylon fibers. When blocking, both fiber combinations also balances the control and speed. For short strokes or inside the table strokes, drop shots are not that fast and fairly controllable although the Freeze version of the Vyzaryz blades is so much better than this but bottom line, this is more related to skill rather than the blade itself. When used with short pimpled rubbers, the zylon fibers would give some rigidity to the blade enabling you to attack and receiving underspin properly but the alc fibers would offer some control on the shots. The Vyzaryz Hybrid version was overall a better SP or LP attacking blade. Kudos to JOOLA for this new concept!
Ok, so quickly I will say I can't comment on pimpled rubbers. (however I always imagined that a harder outer layer blade would give more disturbing effect, and for that this blade would not be suitable. I can be absolutely wrong here, I really have zero actual first hand info)
But I guess the conclusion is basically the same for both of us. Over the table play due to the soft and slow limba ply is easier, but open ups are more spinny due to it. Also due to the zylon, the powerful shots are very efficient.  Blocking is an interesting point, many times I cought my opponent off guard because the blocks on high power shots also are very aggressive and fast. While if you get a slow spinny open up you can manage to block it with feeling.

For rubber choice I would recommend harder, more stable rubbers. Rozena is barely acceptable as it's not stable enough. Stiga Mantra hard is surprisingly suitable for backhand and H3 or Battle 2 is very nice for forehand.
If you're trying to translate this to Japanese or German rubbers, I would assume a Dignics 09c type rubber on forehand and D80 on backhand would be a great combination. What about Tenergy? Maybe I would skip those in favor of Dignics or Rakza Z, X, or any Joola/Xiom/Donic/Andro etc etc, that is similar to the Dignics series and not to the Tenergy series.

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 10:08pm
Trinity blade is fast man

Coming off from Yasaka Atletico (w968 alt) and Innerforce ALC, the TRINITY blade feels like METAL (Feel: Ateltico > Innerforce > Trinity) 

Reminds me of my BOLL ZLC - stable blocks, stiff and definitely a hard feeling (lower throw though)

I’m not sure who and where I watched a review I think (Gan on YouTube) stated it’s harder to BRUSH STROKE with this blade. And I do agree with him. Takes more precision to make contact as there is no SOFTNESS or major catapult to rely on. (You get what you put in)  

Using H3 Neo 39degrees and Mercury II hard on Bh. Going to boost the H3 after one more session and use dignics 09c on Bh after one more session

Going to at least use it for 2 weeks 
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2021 at 10:13pm
one thing for sure though

THIS BLADE IS COMFORTABLE. Prob one of the best handles and ive played with. Balance is more to the handle so feels easy to wield, but hard to build momentum (used to head heavy blade) 

I just don’t understand why JOOLA goes through the length of such a wonderful handle shape and blade face shape ONLY to make them TOO FAST. Innovative though 

If this was an INNER BLADE with softer outer plies, it may have been perfect. 

Edited by mon22 - 06/06/2021 at 10:13pm
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2021 at 9:28am
I have Freeze and I can confirm Korean wood materials  selection and used as Top Ply have better quality than Butterfly. This is Top Notch level. Very well crafted blade with special heavy handle....If they (Joola/Xiom) make innerforce blades with the same attitude, they will get their $$ so if you want spend money on your new blade, choose wisely and forget about tamasu bs
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Trinity blade is fast man

Coming off from Yasaka Atletico (w968 alt) and Innerforce ALC, the TRINITY blade feels like METAL (Feel: Ateltico > Innerforce > Trinity) 

Reminds me of my BOLL ZLC - stable blocks, stiff and definitely a hard feeling (lower throw though)

I’m not sure who and where I watched a review I think (Gan on YouTube) stated it’s harder to BRUSH STROKE with this blade. And I do agree with him. Takes more precision to make contact as there is no SOFTNESS or major catapult to rely on. (You get what you put in)  

Using H3 Neo 39degrees and Mercury II hard on Bh. Going to boost the H3 after one more session and use dignics 09c on Bh after one more session

Going to at least use it for 2 weeks 

The Trinity have a somewhat unique feel of each composite material. I am more of a Freeze blade guy. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2021 at 3:01pm
Boll ZLC feels like it repels the ball faster to be honest and feels even harder which is quite surprising considering it should be even thinner. I find that with outer ZLC blades you can do some weird stuff like blocking really fast even unintentionally out of position. In this regard they are very similar, plus once you give it power the ZLC just doesn't flex, it's really freakish.

I tried HL5 and I have Fang Bo carbon blade and the speed difference is night and day. Those DHS blades are like All+ if the Trinity is Off.
But over the table touch play is good with the Trinity, on weak balls it's not that quick, only when you start giving it some power. I can also pick up balls from the "floor" without problem. I'd have no chance with a Primo Carbon, that would just shoot out long.

Handle is really great indeed.

I guess the Freeze should be similar to a Maze ALC, and that construction was really good. Maybe Butterfly should rebrand it with a different name, I don't think Freitas' name sells it well.

Joola's image rebrand did them good, few years ago I considered them a dying/stagnating company, but now it seems fresh again with good rubbers and blades. Their clothing is pretty slick too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2021 at 5:33pm
I had Maze Alc and Freitas alc, not one batch 
Drinhkall Powerspin- CCA unlimited
Joola Vyzaryz Freezer- Hugo Calderano SAL (the same company make it for different brand)

so what can I say, Vyzaryz Freezer  is slower than Maze ALC and  it has the best grip/dwell time.

For me it is harder to generate spin when I use Freezer but I can play more agressive from both sides because I can play very powerful shots from bh and they land the table I had the same situation with SAL,
maybe my shots are not the spinniest but I find very similiar kind of shots from SAL and Freeze. 
the same bullet shots without spin and bang the ball has very high arc, it looks from my perspective these blades have very similiar attributes even if construction is not the same

the trajectory is low so you need very high throw rubbers for Freeze
speed is 7,5/10 and for me it is Off+ construction and plays like OFF or even OFF-

I can easy handle both topspin shots  from mid distance, I can be mini Kreanga and Ma Long so it is very good to know that handle from Italy is for miracles from both sides.
It is really good to play on the table after 16 shots  from mid distance like in oldschool gluing era and it is pleasure to be so effective in play.
 This is the reason why I think you should buy Freeze more than Maze ALC or Freitas ALC. 

its hard to understand Maze- Freitas difference because they play in different way even when you change their handle from FL to ST. 
They have different handle-headsize proportions too.

Tibhar blades are only used here as example. I wont judge it
SmileTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmileTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2021 at 8:05pm
Owners of the Vyzaryz Freeze, can any of you provide their Frequency reading in Hz?

I'm always interested in blades similar to Maze and Freitas.

Thanks in advance! Beer
Xiom Omega IV Euro | Freitas ALC | Xiom Omega IV Euro
Feedbacks
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2021 at 11:09pm
willing to trade to TRY the FREEZE for a 88g TRINITY flared.

USA only. Thank yoh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2021 at 5:19pm
1335 Hz 91 gram
Weight balance: Handle 
The spinniest blade on earth? Something is only opinion but I can feel heavy spin from my side. 

Edited by andzejgolot - 06/09/2021 at 5:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 6:10pm
third day with freeze cold, 
First day:  hard to make easy spin but very good grip
Second day : too much grip and a lot better spin ( harder glue )
Third day: more  control, great feeling, more spin, more pleasure
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2021 at 6:40pm
i never had any problems looping with Freeze. I made adjustments when I looped with Trinity or Hybrid but not Freeze. 

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2021 at 8:55am

i never had any problems looping with Freeze. I made adjustments when I looped with Trinity or Hybrid but not Freeze. 

Same for me. Freeze has really got something special which grabs the ball and keeps it longer into the rubber for better brushing. It has also became my main blade. 
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2021 at 6:58pm
got a Trinity blade 88g posted for sale - $160 lmk
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2021 at 6:49pm
Does the freeze hold up to being a softer/flexier blade, almost like an inner carbon blade?

I am interested in buying one but not sure because i always hated Viscaria and TB ALC, too stiff for my liking and the freeze's composition is an outer after all..
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2021 at 6:58am
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

Does the freeze hold up to being a softer/flexier blade, almost like an inner carbon blade?

I am interested in buying one but not sure because i always hated Viscaria and TB ALC, too stiff for my liking and the freeze's composition is an outer after all..

I'm trying to switch to Freeze for a couple of months and I can say that it's not almost like an inner carbon blade.. far from that, actually. 

It still behaves like an outer ALC, a little bit softer due to limba outer layer but that's all. If you don't like Viscaria or TB ALC, Freeze is not your choice even with limba outer. 

My training parter has two Freeze, both almost one year of use, they are softer and better felling compared to mine.. But nobody want a blade to get better after one year, that's why I'm selling mine.

I hope they come up with inner versions of Freeze and Trinity next year. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2021 at 6:52pm
welp, I think a blade that takes a year to break in is probably no-go for me

thanks for the info

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 2:45am
honest opinion : its hard to play a Long time with one blade....
Maybe try Hugo Calderano sal and hal?

Edited by andzejgolot - 12/28/2021 at 2:45am
hristobotev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristobotev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 8:42am
Very good comments.

Let me put some comments from my side.

I really like Trinity - so much like that I bought 3 pcs.

1st. Brand new 89g ST. 1507 Hz
2nd. 2 years old, 89g, FL, dont remember the Hz.
3rd. 2 years old, 84, ST. and.. 1593 Hz. (measured 5 times just to be sure).

I am not sure what is happening here - I am talking about Kiri vs Ayous, but what I can see is that the newest one is different from the Core perspective. It is definitely Kiri core (I have had so many blades so far so I can recognize the Kiri core). The other 2 (older ones) has different core. I think it is Ayous. No holes at all, very soft core.

I have tried the FL one with Tenergy 05 and it feels like with a very low trajectory (a couple of cm from the net, but all the balls are in the opponent side). Controllable.

Mine (new ones) feel harder (like Timo Boll Alc) and powerful (Like zhang jike zlc) but still remain controllable. 

Do you think that Company like Joola will issue their Catalogue, will put it on their official website as Ayous - they cannot be so stupid and unexperienced. at least I don't believe it.

So what I am thinking is that at the beginning they have used Ayous, but then they changed to Kiri. Why, don't know - maybe we will not found out but in fact, there are differences.

However, I will try the ST old one with Rhyzen ZGR and Fire and will get back to you.

The real test will be if I remove the rubbers from one to another but I have a match soon so I dont want to change the setup since it is a very dangerous for the opponent and I would like to stay for some more time (Rasanter R53 and Donic coppa X1 turbo platin) 

Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

I bought a Trinity blade earlier this year, because I found the triple weave intriguing. I'm not a huge ZLC fan myself, I prefer ALC so the Trinity with the triple weave seamed like something special. (I do understand the befit to ZLC and I would love to take advantage of it, but so far I wasn't able to with pure ZLC blades)

I will take the opportunity to take yogi_bear's Joola review as base since I think excellent points were made in it.

Weight: 87 grams
Plies: 5+2 (Limba, X3 – Limba – Ayous – Limba – X3 – Limba)
Thickness: 5.76 mm
Speed: Off to Off+
Stiffness: Nearly Stiff
I know even Joola is saying this has an Ayous core, but that is totally BS. This blade has Kiri core. Quite easy to determine, on the cross section kiri has "year ring holes", while ayous doesn't have any year ring type holes, just a very consistent hole pattern. In fact I saw Joola say Kiri or Ayous in different catalogues (english vs chinese). This is very WTF, they don't know what they designed?

This is the one that I tested first since this is the unique blade in the series and probably the first of its kind in the market that I know of. Having 3 composite materials in a single weave is unheard of for me for major brands. Other blades that I know in the market now are composed of alc and zlc on one side of the blade but never the combination of 3 materials. Overall construction of the blade is comparable to Butterfly’s higher end blades. The Korean factory that makes these blades has good quality control compared to the previous Chinese factory that makes their older blades. I forgot if Sunflex is the one that makes their older blades or some other OEM factories. The handle felt a little bigger than the TB ALC in some of the areas. The measurement is 25.66mm x 34mm at the base of the flared handle but in some area such as the neck of the blade, it felt a little bigger than the TB ALC. I have another blade from a different brand that was made under the same factory but it was a little smaller. The logo is made of thin metal covered by plastic probably to protect tarnishing due to sweat contact.
Fully agree, quality is excellent, I would even dare to say that the Korean factory might condition the wood better than Butterfly. I think the other Korean brand mentioned is Xiom and indeed the handle of Joola is thicker and more coarse. I prefer it over Xiom.

I used the JOOLA Dynaryz AGR, JOOLA Rhyzer Pro 45, TSP Spectol Red and Battle 2 rubbers for this test. I opted to use several rubbers because I needed to see the blade’s flexibility in using different kinds of rubbers for different styles of game plays. To be honest, the Vyzaryz Trinity felt weird when I was using it for the first time. It felt weird in the sense that the feeling is quite different and not because it felt bad. It was an unusual feel because the mix of zylon’s stiffness combined with some flexy feel of the arylate. It is hard to describe the feel but let me just say that it is not as stiff as the Vyzaryz Hybrid which only uses ZLC or any other ZLC or Super ZLC blades in the market but at the same time it feels much harder or has more stiffness than usual ALC blades.
I tried H3 OS 41, Rozena, Stiga Mantra Hard, Battle 2 golden, battle 2 blue sponge, Tibhar K2, and Yasaka hovering dragon and Butterfly Aibiss.
I totally agree again with the reviewer, it feels nothing like any other blade. For sure the triple weaved artificial material has a role, but in fact this is a very complex topic. I understand this was a review made especially for Joola so competitors are barely named (but surely tested tho), the weirdness comes from the slightly thicker outer limba layer, the unusual artificial material construction and the slightly thinner kiri core's combination. The thicker outer limba wants to absorb energy almost like an innerforce blade, then there's the flexible nature of arylate that spices up thins once the outer limba is penetrated, and after that if you try to dial in big shots the kiri wants to flex, but the zylon makes it tensioned. This blade has many gears, and if you are someone who wants a slower blade on weak shots but a faster blade on powerful shots you should consider. On weak shots there is no vibration but on powerful shots it feels like a thinner (boll ZLF) blade with the extra benefit of the outer limba's deformation characteristics. 

For the speed, even though it is rated as Off, I can definitely say it is Off+ because I would placed it as a notch or 2 faster than Viscaria which we all know is rated as an Off+ blade but if you try to analyze it, it is not that fast compared to other known off+ blades. The TB ALC having the same composition as the Viscaria also felt slower than the Trinity and you can feel the difference in speed. The speed is fast not only because I was using the Dynaryz AGR on the forehand and Rhyzer 45 in the backhand but because despite using the Battle 2 at middle distance, I did not feel any reduction of speed. Although the Battle 2 was boosted, I felt that when I was using the Viscaria or TB ALC at middle distance I did feel some reduction in speed. People who tend to counter at far distance from the table will not have any problems with the Trinity because the speed and power it offers away from the table is fairly substantial. It maybe be a bit slower than the Zylon blades but it can hold on its own with such distance.
Some great points were made here. So a Viscaria or Boll ALC has much higher speed on on low power shots or slow incoming shots. You don't have to give in much force, the blade will take care of the speed. However this blade is not fast on low power shots, it's kinda slow in fact. But on higher power shots Viscaria cannot transport your energy as efficiently as the Trinity blade, hence high power shots with Trinity are faster by EXTREME margins. This is most likely due to the Zylon fiber's tension.

Despite some flex offered by the Trinity, it felt better as a power looping blade instead of a spinny, slow looping type of play. Sure there is flex due to the ALC component but I feel it would be wasted if you will not take advantage on what the Zylon’s stiffness is giving to increase the speed of your strokes. In that, I would recommend it to a player which has a bit higher level of skills to fully utilize the blade. When looping with the Dynaryz AGR or Rhyzer 45, it had a medium-high and long arc while with the boosted Battle 2 rubber, it had a medium-low and long arc.
I kind of disagree on this point. It is extremely good for both slow spinny loops and for power loops. Since on slow balls it has an increased dwell time it can generate more spin and lift, but due to more efficient energy transfer it is excellent for power shots. Limba's characteristics on high power shots also helps to kick the ball.  Nevertheless this is not a blade for beginners, I would actually say it is only for advanced or pro level players. I would imagine for beginners this blade has nothing to offer.
I would recommend it with lower throw angle rubbers since the limba lifts the ball and this blade is not for brushing shots. It is for hitting shots. If you have a brush technique this will feel slow. You need to hit trough the limba to access the artificial fibers benefits. For brushing shots Viscaria is better.

Overall, it is multi-dimensional blade. It takes some time to fully adjust to the feel but it is an excellent blade. To say that the Trinity has the best of both worlds – zylon and alc characteristics, is an understatement. It felt very stable due to the combination of zlc and alc when blocking but when attacking, it has some flex of the alc that will let you loop in properly but also offers additional power due to the rigidity of the zylon fibers. When blocking, both fiber combinations also balances the control and speed. For short strokes or inside the table strokes, drop shots are not that fast and fairly controllable although the Freeze version of the Vyzaryz blades is so much better than this but bottom line, this is more related to skill rather than the blade itself. When used with short pimpled rubbers, the zylon fibers would give some rigidity to the blade enabling you to attack and receiving underspin properly but the alc fibers would offer some control on the shots. The Vyzaryz Hybrid version was overall a better SP or LP attacking blade. Kudos to JOOLA for this new concept!
Ok, so quickly I will say I can't comment on pimpled rubbers. (however I always imagined that a harder outer layer blade would give more disturbing effect, and for that this blade would not be suitable. I can be absolutely wrong here, I really have zero actual first hand info)
But I guess the conclusion is basically the same for both of us. Over the table play due to the soft and slow limba ply is easier, but open ups are more spinny due to it. Also due to the zylon, the powerful shots are very efficient.  Blocking is an interesting point, many times I cought my opponent off guard because the blocks on high power shots also are very aggressive and fast. While if you get a slow spinny open up you can manage to block it with feeling.

For rubber choice I would recommend harder, more stable rubbers. Rozena is barely acceptable as it's not stable enough. Stiga Mantra hard is surprisingly suitable for backhand and H3 or Battle 2 is very nice for forehand.
If you're trying to translate this to Japanese or German rubbers, I would assume a Dignics 09c type rubber on forehand and D80 on backhand would be a great combination. What about Tenergy? Maybe I would skip those in favor of Dignics or Rakza Z, X, or any Joola/Xiom/Donic/Andro etc etc, that is similar to the Dignics series and not to the Tenergy series.

Joola Vyzaryz trinity
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 9:23am
I just got one Trinity and the frequency is over 1600 Hz despite being only 83g. It is going to be the fastest blade I have ever tried to seriously adapt to as my main blade.  I did it to quell my desire to get a Mizutani SZLC.  Hopefully it works out.

I find the comment about the chance of materials interesting.   It might mean I have a kiri inner blade.  I am usually far more a fan of ayous than kiri.  But I will let the blade speak for itself.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 10:32am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I just got one Trinity and the frequency is over 1600 Hz despite being only 83g. It is going to be the fastest blade I have ever tried to seriously adapt to as my main blade.  I did it to quell my desire to get a Mizutani SZLC.  Hopefully it works out.

I find the comment about the chance of materials interesting.   It might mean I have a kiri inner blade.  I am usually far more a fan of ayous than kiri.  But I will let the blade speak for itself.
Supposedly, Xiom tmx is similar but probably cheaper? And tmxi is similar but just inner? The core of tmx is probably ayous though.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 11:17am
TMX is koto Outer while Trinity is limba Outer.

Core of both is kiri

TMXi is limba outer and ayous core.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

TMX is koto Outer while Trinity is limba Outer.

Core of both is kiri

TMXi is limba outer and ayous core.

Missing limba outer, carbon out (JM zlc?)  Koto outer, inner carbon and ayoue core (H301?)
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Boll ZLC feels like it repels the ball faster to be honest and feels even harder which is quite surprising considering it should be even thinner. I find that with outer ZLC blades you can do some weird stuff like blocking really fast even unintentionally out of position. In this regard they are very similar, plus once you give it power the ZLC just doesn't flex, it's really freakish.

I tried HL5 and I have Fang Bo carbon blade and the speed difference is night and day. Those DHS blades are like All+ if the Trinity is Off.
But over the table touch play is good with the Trinity, on weak balls it's not that quick, only when you start giving it some power. I can also pick up balls from the "floor" without problem. I'd have no chance with a Primo Carbon, that would just shoot out long.

Handle is really great indeed.

I guess the Freeze should be similar to a Maze ALC, and that construction was really good. Maybe Butterfly should rebrand it with a different name, I don't think Freitas' name sells it well.

Joola's image rebrand did them good, few years ago I considered them a dying/stagnating company, but now it seems fresh again with good rubbers and blades. Their clothing is pretty slick too.

HL5 is solid Off+
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2023 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Supposedly, Xiom tmx is similar but probably cheaper? And tmxi is similar but just inner? The core of tmx is probably ayous though.

IMHO, no point in getting an innerforce blade if you are looking for SZLC speed though.  Just saying.  I do like the limba outers on Trinity like Mizutani SZLC and if Joola made an PBOC with Limba outers, I might get in on that.  The TMXi sounds like a very interesting blade in its own right.  But I am trying to see how fast a thin looping blade I can use and SZLC outer seems to be where it's at (I want to stay away from the Primorac Carbons and Garaydias...) 

Edited by NextLevel - 04/10/2023 at 1:56pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
hristobotev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristobotev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2023 at 1:58am
could be. You never know.

I have made a direct comparison without testing the second one yet, waiting for the rubbers. So they seems to be the same. Just different weight and frequency.

The lighter the faster. 

This can be because of the thinner outer Limba on one of the blades.

I can barely see small holes on both. Just in some of the areas, not like the pictures from Tedi Bear. When I touched with my nails it make a mark and feel is soft core. As far as I know Kiri and Ayous are relatively stiff material but Kiri is softer. So could be Kiri. Or at least I never ever had a blade with Ayous core. 
Joola Vyzaryz trinity
PingPongPom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2023 at 11:58am
I can solve the mystery for you, they are all kiri core - always have been. How this information error came to be is a mystery to me, but it will be fixed as quickly as possible.
http://mhtabletennis.com
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2023 at 3:10am
This new prices for blades from Joola surprised me a lot. Not sure which is their target, as definitely 200+ bucks for Joola blade sounds pretty unusual for me. They probably rely on the curiosity of the people more than something else. Of course, this is only my own opinion and suggestion. Blades could be well made and appropriate for high skilled players, but here we have to ask a question: How many high skilled players will buy these blades without sponsorship? Good luck to Joola
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic