Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

setup for zhao zihao style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: setup for zhao zihao style
    Posted: 05/11/2021 at 12:59pm
I started playing tt at home a few months ago with my dad who had training in the 90s and an old stiga hans alser blade although i do plan to join a club as soon as they open up here. he got me a cheap diadora premade from sportscheck which i started playing with, i tried cpen just for fun for a week or so but i liked it alot and i played better so I pulled the trigger on a yinhe n11s with 38 hardness unboosted h3 neo on the forehand and focus 3 snipe on the backhand this setup was good for learning to loop and generate power as well as figuring out how i like to play. after a few months I developed a similar style and strokes to zhao zihao although my footwork is a bit lacking however i am finding that i need to put a ton of effort and body into the stroke in order to generate sufficient speed to kill the point which is not always possible in the rally and my dad has good tactical knowledge so he knows how to block and place the ball right whel I make a mistake. my h3 is starting to lose a bit of its tack even though i clean it and my edge tape is quite beat up  so i figured that i might as well get a whole new setup. What would be a good setup for me I quite like my n11s but just want something a bit harder and quite a bit faster? Also keep in mind that I am a teenager and I have no income other than mowing neighbours lawns so keep that in mind when making reccomendations.

Edited by dAbandit0 - 05/11/2021 at 3:52pm
"ya like jazz" -Barry B Benson
Sponsored Links

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 5:06pm
on budget, you could try dhs pg5x or dhs pg12. the second is more flexible and easier from the distance like zhao jihao. (though pg7 is much more suitable for beginner I think. and pg5 should also be considered: it is the easiest carbon blade you will find, easier than pg5x)
on fh I suggest to try h3 neo hardness 39. It can be worse or better than 38 according to your power/technique. H3 in general is very spin sensitive though, so it's difficult. You might try something easier, less spin sensitive, like bluefire m1 or tibhar mxp.

Edited by seguso - 05/11/2021 at 5:14pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
dAbandit0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dAbandit0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

on budget, you could try dhs pg5x or dhs pg12. the second is more flexible and easier from the distance like zhao jihao. (though pg7 is much more suitable for beginner I think. and pg5 should also be considered: it is the easiest carbon blade you will find, easier than pg5x)
on fh I suggest to try h3 neo hardness 39. It can be worse or better than 38 according to your power/technique. H3 in general is very spin sensitive though, so it's difficult. You might try something easier, less spin sensitive, like bluefire m1 or tibhar mxp.
I do really love the h3 neo and I think it is good for me learning as it has forced me to learn to read spin well so I think that I will try it in 39 but I think I will give the pg12 a go
"ya like jazz" -Barry B Benson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic