Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC
    Posted: 01/20/2022 at 8:00am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 8:03am
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 1:53pm
faster and flexier
if you know Oikawa used old Viscaria 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 2:27pm
it’s a little thinner (5.7mm), heavier (89g) , softer feel and more power from Bfly description. Price is $269.99 USD 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

it’s a little thinner (5.7mm), heavier (89g) , softer feel and more power from Bfly description. Price is $269.99 USD 

This sounds super!  Plus, a "super" price!

So now it's this: The Truls' blade or the Super?  What to do, what to do?

Thanks
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 6:50pm
 Cybershape is cutting into profits release the Super Viscaria!! LOL
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 9:26pm

Cybershape is cutting into profits release the Super Viscaria!! LOL

We of honest spirit know the EJ answer: Both!
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2022 at 9:46pm
Let's see:
1. A lightly regarded* player uses a radically designed racket and within 2 months carves a path to the finals of the Worlds with it. *(lightly regarded; left off the Swedish Olympic team and outside the top 50)

Or

2. Yet another blade from Butterfly, faster!, better touch!, more power!, increased price!

I know which one I would pick.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2022 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

This sounds super!  Plus, a "super" price!

So now it's this: The Truls' blade or the Super?  What to do, what to do?

Thanks
if I will be honest

one for stock two to rock

Super alc will be limited  in my opinion so for stock, and Truls' blade is choice for good players  in Poland so on first sight super alc, just to see how market is going up, and cybershape will be still on shop
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 10:49am
This Viscaria super alc seems to be widely marketed just like regular Viscaria. Don't think the supply will be limited. Golded Viscaria has been inflated in  the market, and luckily its price will go down with the coming of the super alc.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 1:39pm
we have c19, we still have problems with suppliers and production cost
and if you  are consumer ? Old Viscaria and price 129 euro?
it is not hot right now
first->put new product on small stock, see if people wants. 
sell all old products from shelf (Viscaria)
and make big stock of Super Viscaria.

timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2022 at 2:48pm
butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more.
I’m sure it was not even planned and it’s a countermeasure to stiga cybershape.

It takes 1 month for butterfly to develop a super alc

Edited by timoboll89 - 01/25/2022 at 10:27am
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more

They re liars. Just an excuse to charge more.
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 12:33pm
What is next? Viscaria ZLC?
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 2:58pm
there is already the zhang zlc which is koto+zlc
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 3:49pm
Then maybe Inner Viscaria?
My feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=79696
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

butterfly claims it took 10 years to develop…it’s just bad marketing…with all that money they can do better and innovate more

At least they have an excuse.
And what's the players excuse for buying it?
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:16pm
I heard "Super ZLC" concept many time from Chinese brand like Sword and Loki. Also many of OEM suppliers are able to supply it. Just tighter this ALC woven material then it will be higher density and heavier. That why blade can be thinner with more weight. Is it mean BTY  behind Chinese brand now ?

By the way, I am looking for Sanwei to source for "Super ALC" and use Cold Press process similar to thier Froster blade. I believe it will be surprisingly good with attractive price

Edited by achoomai - 01/25/2022 at 9:21pm
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

At least they have an excuse.
And what's the players excuse for buying it?

Anyone can make up an excuse . A player needs the brand " oh looks expensive"
10 years to design  the blade ..yeh right.

Edited by mykonos96 - 01/25/2022 at 9:33pm
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 9:30pm
Is golden viscaria softer and more dwell than regular viscaria or it is it harder and more crispy than the regular one? Moreover, why is it so expensive now?

Edited by guni4you - 01/25/2022 at 9:31pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:05pm
Golden has a softer feel and more dwell. It also feels very balanced. If Viscaria Super ALC plays like Golden and is lighter it will be a big seller and yes I have owned a golden.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:22pm
why not just use a innerforce blade if one needs more dwell and softness. Is golden Viscaria more popular Cz it is softer than regular one? Can you please explain why it is so popular. 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:24pm
I am currently using S series Viscaria ( 92 g). It plays amazing. I read somewhere that S series is supposed to have more dwell compared to Viscaria of other series. So maybe S series is quite similar to golden Viscaria too. Not sure. Maybe jpenmaster you can elaborate as you have so much experience about equipment.
tt2005 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2022 at 10:38pm
there are 2 epoxy resin pieces in the handle of Golden - that explains the weigh and the flex
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 9:40am
All the current Viscaria with the halo gram in the handle are the same . The variation comes from the manufacturing process and natural variations with wood not which letter the serial number starts with . I have seen the inner handle pics of a golden that are filled with a light green substance . It does look like epoxy but I can not confirm any of this cause I would not destroy a golden to see if it is true . The main difference as stated  before is the weight and balance of the blade . It does feel softer but that could be from the weight distribution  or another factor. The price of golden has gotten out of control and driven by the market since the MSRP is  $299.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by achoomai achoomai wrote:

I heard "Super ZLC" concept many time from Chinese brand like Sword and Loki. Also many of OEM suppliers are able to supply it. Just tighter this ALC woven material then it will be higher density and heavier. That why blade can be thinner with more weight. Is it mean BTY  behind Chinese brand now ?

By the way, I am looking for Sanwei to source for "Super ALC" and use Cold Press process similar to thier Froster blade. I believe it will be surprisingly good with attractive price

The high tension rubbers were available from double fish in 1993 before butterfly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2022 at 9:01am
super alc is consider to get the same thick arylate with less woven of carbon so the material can be used in Innerforce koto blades so maybe 10 years of develop is not lie but I will buy for resell

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2022 at 10:08am
what does 10 years of development really mean.  one man spending 24hrs per year for 10 years or one man spending all his time for the 10 years or some variant of the above?  mkting bs
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2022 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

super alc is consider to get the same thick arylate with less woven of carbon so the material can be used in Innerforce koto blades so maybe 10 years of develop is not lie but I will buy for resell

Viscaria do exist at  least  from 1998 and why suddenly people started to buy it after zjk won the worlds in 2007?. I m pretty sure that many people said viscaria sucked before started to become popular. Thats the power of Marketing. Butterfly owns a lot of money to zjk.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2022 at 12:34pm
viscaria is from 1993
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic