Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Full match - comments welcome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2013 at 4:00am
Nice game Seguso, I enjoyed video. Don't change equipment, your fh loops look good, maybe just try different timings and bat angles, like hitting ball earlier with faster, more closed bat.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Sponsored Links

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2013 at 3:45pm
Hmmm...ok watched about 5 minutes of the video. Impressions are that your BH loop/counter is very good and FH loop is pretty good too. You seem to play very well in rallys. Your serves seem to be much lower level though compared to how good the rest of your game is. I can see you playing 2000 - 2100 in rallys, but your serves would probably hold you back a bit in the 1900 range.  Overall I like your game and think you can improve to a higher level with some work on your serves, footwork, etc.
Thanks for posting the video.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 8:32am
1 - You should lean forward a bit more with your legs a bit more apart. This would do wonders for your body balance.
2 - Why is your left leg in front of your right so many times when playing FHs? Maybe you should try having your right leg back instead, coz it doesn't affect your BH much but it will increase your FH quality immensely. I personally can't imagine myself doing FH with right leg in front, except when moving forward to loop-kill short balls. Also to relax your grip, drop your wrist a bit more, your bat and your arm should form a straight line. 
3 - I wouldn't say you should turn your waist more, it may result in destroying your compact stroke (it's good btw). The key here is not movement but force. If you moved your waist 180 degrees but didn't exert any meaningful force to the ball it would still be useless. You should almost completely rely on waist rotation + your right leg pushing forward for your FH stroke. I don't care about the magnitude of the motion, but you should increase the force exerted. I like how you have minimal arm backswing which is really good. 

4 - BH is good on quick strokes, not so good on power strokes. The reason is that your stroke has too much arm and not enough waist rotation + uncurling of the back (use your abs!). It's good that you have good feeling on the BH now, you just need to minimize arm motion even more (figure out the bare minimum) and use your body to give the ball a nudge forward when you hit the ball. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 8:54am
Thank you guys, I see a lot of detailed analyses, more than I hoped for.

about me being rather frontal in forehand:

1) when I block with fh instead of counterlooping, it is because my leg position was wrong, my right foot was in front, and this is a mistake. I do it less when training, with opponents that I know. But in official matches I am more stiff and it shows. I guess it will come with experience. It is very important to be in the correct position with your feet when the opponent hits, and it takes time to learn this.

2) in forehand opening loop against push: here I am doing it intentionally (loooping with my belly facing the table I mean). Because otherwise I cannot loop a ball which barely goes off the table.
I saw this from wang liqin I think. I only do it against push, combined with full-arm swing (cause my blade has a lot of mass, I need to load it with inertia).

I am working to keep my legs wider apart. Next year we'll see if I made it! :)

Edited by seguso - 02/20/2013 at 8:54am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 9:27am
Here is a recent training match against a more powerful player. He has a very strong service and third ball, a lot of power in fh loop, and a hitter with bh. He knows and exploits all my weaknesses (he never backs away from the table, he stands ready to drive through my opening loop and kill in a single shot; he avoids rally; he pushes short responding to my service so as to loop first.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtomiG_puDs&t=0m55s

Note his push is very heavy. Also his service is deceptive and can have a lot of backspin when he wants, so I cannot always bh flip over the table. His return to my service is often short. His fh and bh loops against my push are so spinny that they are practically unblockable close to table.

Edit: link fixed.

Edited by seguso - 02/20/2013 at 10:28am
Whang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 10:25am
I noticed during service you look up even before you toss the ball..i suggest you look at it and follow it when you serve.. this would minimalize/avoid service errors
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra (Penhold)

FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg)

BH: 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg)

Weight: 168.57g
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

That gym was old and nearby Naples. Other parts of Italy are in better shape :)

I am planning to go to Naples next year. Pingpong is not in the plan. It might be now. Does your club allow non members to play?

xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2013 at 6:00pm
Not bad at all for playing for 3 yrs only! My hat off to you my man! You and the guy in blue you played with are very stiff on your legs when you play!!! Especially when you serve, you are way too high up on the table which will cause your serves to also be high and very attackable! If you would bend your knees (you won't hit your knee if you move properly...the reason you hit your knee is cuz your leg is in the way!! lol! When you learn to move with your knees bent your game will improve at least 100-200 points!!!) It will also change your fh loop and will allow you to do counterlooping instead of blocking on the fh!!! To start i suggest you try to touch the table from your elbow to wrist which will make you bend your knees and try to stay that way while finishing the point. You can drill by serving and opponent pushes to your fh and open loop with your knees bent...and so on...hope makes sense to you
JOOLA VIVA
FH: Bluefire M2
BH: Blufire M3
US rating: 2207
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2013 at 3:05am
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

That gym was old and nearby Naples. Other parts of Italy are in better shape :)

I am planning to go to Naples next year. Pingpong is not in the plan. It might be now. Does your club allow non members to play?

Sorry, that was not my club. It was an away game, my club is 350 Kms from Naples :)

Edit: My town (Pescara) is not touristic, but if for some reason you want to come we can play for sure. :) But don't miss Rome, Florence and Venice.

Edited by seguso - 02/21/2013 at 3:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic