FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dr Boz Balsa off & Fat 40 tv/ Butterbaur

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Boz Balsa off & Fat 40 tv/ Butterbaur
    Posted: 01/17/2009 at 11:14pm
Butterbauer Ar allround
1/3 Boll Tricarbon + 100% Dr Neubauer Barricade
with f3bs max and destroyer 0X 123-125g!

One side is hard Paduk wood with a thick layer of carbon comanufacturered by margainemoth, then surgically transplanted by Dr. Boz from the slowest bat in the world given birth from Dr Newbuilder. 

Up to you!  If you like maximum spin reversal go the carbon with your long pips, that way you have the soft side to help with spinning up.  Or you could go the traditional way with the fast side with your inverted and the slowest with your defensive side...

The half cork handle grip system gives you more confidence when twiddling.
yes I know both sides are red
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2009 at 11:18pm

The Dr. Boz "in" Off is fast and soft and fits the hand better than a glove.  It's all about getting the ball IN not off! 

partly 7 ply all wood.  The thick balsa core gives stability, the top preglued 3 ply sides are sanded to achieve maximum eveness without sacrificing that soft feel we love.

Designed by Mr. Bozinov.  Patent pending

Mind the language but that's what it was called a long time ago, This blade has no father, It's origin has been lost.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2009 at 11:34pm
Fat 40 TV is a single ply joined at the centre, thick and for all those slow motion lovers Mr. presidentWink Its trully for the new TV era of TT.  Who needs muscle now?  Just stand at the table and block, you can watch your favorite tv show and still play table tennis its slow.

For all those people who are sick of the speed glueing.

oh did I say it weighs 40g?  It costs $4.00,  I send the materials from Sweden with a Stanley knife.  For an extra 4c we include an outline for you to cut out!
*$40 to ship to the USA.

with yasaka cobalt alpha ox short pips & stiga destroyer long pips the overall weight is a whopping 73 g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive got more blades similar to these, combinations, originals etc. I am happy to answer any questions.  All these blades have been sitting in my cupboard for years...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 7:22am
hello?  I spent a lot of time taking pictures and uploading here, no comments? Cry
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 11:06am
It's hard to comment since nobody held these beauties in their hands. Maybe you could give me to some clubmates to play and they will post (thru you?) their impressions.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 3:28pm
Atleast I know there is no boycott out there against me, Thanks jimt
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 4:16pm
You have a fun hobby, I'm not that handy though but the first one seems very interesting
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 4:41pm
Wow, certainly some very innovative ideas there... Did you actually play with any of them?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 4:53pm
Ive tried them for fun with friends and a bit on my robot, but must admit they don't have that "right" feel you get from manufactured blades.

The butterbauer would suit someone looking for more speed for a spinny rubber and less speed for pip control blocking or chopping or driving backspin
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 4:58pm
like they are uneaven? bad weight distribution?...
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2009 at 5:01pm
well you can imagine 2 pieces of balsa stuck together down the centre!

I tried everywhere in my city to find the width of tt bat, but that is a major problem,  also I used a stanley knife to cut all of them, i have no great tools for cutting wood, if i had the money i would buy a huge machine that could cut wood veneers and jigsaw them, I would start making them but in the end the glueing is messy and I like composite materials which gets quite complex.  So my blades are on the simple side
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2009 at 8:30am
Finally found a home for the butterbauer, a tt friend of mine has decided to buy it.  He seemed quite stoked about how it played with his tenergy 05 on the carbon side and tsp long pips on the def side...

I wish he would join in this forum instead of just lerking around...

oh well
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
DanBrizVegas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanBrizVegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2009 at 7:28pm
just an update, i'll be playing with this bat at a tournament this weekend.

i'll be using Tenergy 05 on the carbon side, and TSP Curl P1R on the Neubauer Side.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2009 at 9:00am
looks like its just you n me there Dan!

Hey if this weather keeps up you will have an advantage this weekend.  I played well tonight but the humidity made any spinny shot need to be also a fast shot, no grazing, the ball just falls off.

I ll be there after lunch....

I Mr Lets coming to Vegas?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2009 at 6:00am
The butterbauer works real well with the new "outlaw" rubber. I had a try of dan's bat and it was real quick and I could actually loop with the medium long pips on the bh
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2009 at 7:18am
so dan is getting rid of the pips or anti on the backhand, it seemed sudden and now wonder if this blade will suit the new era of his game - with controlled mark 5 both sides...
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic