FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Shakehand Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hohenadel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hohenadel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Shakehand Blades
    Posted: 07/30/2005 at 11:44am

After reading the Xiom Japanese Penhold Blade Topic I used the link to get to the site with all the equipment. Does anybody know anything about this company. The shakehand blades look very cool and I'm very interested if anyone knows anything about the quality of this company. Please respond with any info at all, expecially if you know how I could get a blade here in america.  I can't get the website translated either, so if anyone knows how to get the to work please tell me how to do that as well. Thanks in advance.                               

Austin

Blade- DHS CW-A
FH- Globe 999t on Cannon
BH- Higher on Transcend
Sponsored Links

PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2005 at 11:08pm
My friend told me that they only shipped to anywhere in Korea and they only accept Korean credit card.

I think they make a lot of straight handle blades. But I really prefer their Jpenholder blades. It's straight up 1-ply Hinoki. That means quality is guaranteed.

Also, it doesn't look like they have any techonologies like Andro's and Stiga's. So I'm suspecting the feel of their blades would not be as good as Stiga's.

I'm planning to get XIOM's rubber too. But last night I was thinking if it'd be the thing to do to get Sriver-EL instead. I'm not sure about the feel and quality of XIOM's rubber either. But I'm pretty sure that it'd feel something like Andro's 3G Tensor rubber. Their rubber is made in Germany.

I'm waiting for my friend to come back so he can hand me the blade
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
fh_monsta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fh_monsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2005 at 10:17am
which technology do u mean?
WRB -Stiga
Super Core/ Kinetic -Andro

the feel of a blade isnt matter by technology X or Y. It depends on which wood type you use. Soft and good feel but slower wood types or hard and fast wood types. Typical european blades uses Limba and Abachi Woods. Someone stated that the Stiga Clipper is made with 3 plies Limba and 4 plies Abachi.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2005 at 3:02pm
Traditionally wood type affects the feel of a blade. Nowadays there are so many different technologies developed by many manufacturers. Like Yasaka, Joola, Stiga, Andro...they all have their own technologies to achieve one goal (better feel of a blade). Things like absorb vibrartion, hollow handle, micro-channels filled with aluminum alloys/hard wood/light wood... And that's what I specifically mentioned.
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
fh_monsta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fh_monsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 7:56am
i know what u meant. Thats why my previous post. Dont let these marketing words irritate you. Why dou you think that the old, very old Stiga Blades are that popular. Not because of their technology(wrb, tube etc.). They dont have it ;). Its the incredible feel. I played a 80�s clipper wood and a new clipper WRB. It�s not comparable. The old one has more control and you have a really good feel (dont vibrate at all). Its a bit slower and the handle is bit shorter.
star8909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star8909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 9:07am

I'm korean and than i know good this company. Very good mark with lot of excellent rubbers and blades.!

GIGA HINOKI PLATINUM  Lee Chul Seung Special

there is too much blades. if you want a katalogue.

http://pds13.cafe.daum.net/download.php?grpid=Dbac&fldid=2qd6&dataid=1&fileid=1&regdt=20050426161903&disk=26&grpcode=hhtabletennis&dncnt=Y&.pdf

star8909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star8909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 9:14am

Shakehands blades!

star8909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star8909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 9:16am

star8909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star8909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 9:19am

some rubbers

fh_monsta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fh_monsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 10:44am
Tensor 3G! Xiom licensed ESN Tensor Technology! How are the rubber and much much do you cost? The carbon handshake blades looks like bty tamca 5000 pendants.
fh_monsta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fh_monsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 10:47am
aaahh!!! how much do "they" cost
where is the edit button
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 4:43pm
US$ 34-35

I'm ordering the true innovation
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2005 at 4:45pm
Monsta, you're right!
I'm using my 6-7 year old TSP blade. It feels definitely better than my other Yasaka Extra 3D blade. But the speed is imcomparable to Extra 3D since my model is allaround with max control
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2005 at 5:24am
I wonder how many old Stiga woods are left for sale, I heard the new ones aren't as good. Apparently the same thing is happening to the one-ply Hinoki blades, the Kim Taek Soos of today aren't as good as the ones 10 years ago.
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2005 at 7:38am
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

londonletmedown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonletmedown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2005 at 11:30am
Galaxy M6
Red Diamond 2.15
IQUL max
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2006 at 12:09pm
I finally started using my XIOM Power 1 and 2 Hinoki/Carbon blades and thought I would write a quick review... I had a lot of trouble with the M.Maze as it didn't suit my style of play or rubbers I use (H3 forehand). There was practically no feeling and I had to hit the ball hard to even get some feeling using H3. My 550 eventually had loosened near the top of the handle on . Conrtrol on the Power 2 is exceptional and the feel of hitting the ball is refined. The short length hasn't bothered me at all, it's only by a few millimeters, it makes for a nice balance in close, over the top of the table play as well as short distanced loops and returns mid distance OK, it's just not the same as a pure looping blade.

The Power 1 looping blade is good in feedback and power as well, brush looping with it is up to par. Suprisingly, the Power Series blades have good speed. The folks at Champion XIOM mentioned the Power Series were the fastest Hinoki shakehand blades they had (faster than the Speed 1 and 2?), since most 1-ply hinoki blade users were saying their blades were slow I grew quite suspect, I was pleasantly suprised with the decent speed and good feedback on the ball on both blades, but favored the Power 1. Overall, I'm pleasantly suprised with the blades, they are well balanced.

In conclusion, I'd have to go with the Power 1. It has enough vibration, good feedback and a decent sized blade head for off the table looping. The Power 2 is definitely harder and faster, also has much less vibration, probably from the hand being in the heart of the blade, but makes up in control and power in over the table and short distance rallies.

Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2006 at 1:30pm
I figured out what the inner ply is on these XIOM Power 1 and Power 2 blades and it's balsa. So it's 2-ply Hinoki, 2-ply Carbon, with a Balsa core.
TT_SPS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_SPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 4:33pm
What is their website?
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 4:43pm
www.xiomtt.com - global

www.champion.co.kr - korean site but has all their products

German website

Hope that helps
TT_SPS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_SPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I can't read korean or German.
Joola MC1
FH: Joola Mambo
BH: Palio Amigo
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 11:21pm
the www.xiomtt.com site has all their products too
salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 11:42pm
WOW, that is one truly impressive site (especially when you have an LCD).

phrixion: Did you have to order them directly from the Korean site?

Thanks,
Salsaking
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 11:56pm
I had to order directly. There is a contact email on the korean site on the left and a fellow name David replied. The only down side is that they only accept bank transfers which can get expensive after bank charges and EMS shipping charges, but I got my stuff in 3 days.
guillotine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillotine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2006 at 6:33am

There is a New Zealand agent who sells Xiom products, and I am using the Orlando cardon hybrid blade, which is 2x soft carbon sheets with balsa. I aslo use Yanus DF smooth rubber and Guillotine S Long pips with 1.2 sponge. I am a converted chopper and find the Xion equipment of the highest quality. The blade costs $ 175 in NZ and the rubbers are $ 65 each. The blade come in a huge box with a DVD about Xoim in it. I would love to know who manufactures the gear for Xiom in Germany, Does any one know ?

Xoim web site is pretty cool site.

Xiom Orlando Hybrid Blade
Xiom Guillotine S
Xiom Yanus Df
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2006 at 10:02am
Originally posted by phrixion phrixion wrote:

the www.xiomtt.com site has all their products too

oh my GOODNESS, Before even seeing any of their products, the wesite design is already a kickass.... Never seen a TT site with such design..
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic