Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clubs/shops in Osaka

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clubs/shops in Osaka
    Posted: 06/22/2018 at 9:11am
Hi guys,

I will be in Osaka for 3 weeks from mid-July and wondering if there is any clubs/shops in the area that are "foreigner-friendly" as I don't speak any Japanese at all? Many thanks.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Sponsored Links

Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 3:50am
Visit this shop when I was in Osaka recently. It's a small shop, near Namba Station. 

ハマダ卓球
AddressJapan, 〒556-0011 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Naniwa Ward, Nanbanaka, 1−16-6
Hours
Open ⋅ Closes 7PM
I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...
dsc13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsc13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Antiq Antiq wrote:

Visit this shop when I was in Osaka recently. It's a small shop, near Namba Station.

I visited this shop while I was in Osaka last week. Locally it is known as Hamada Takkyu and apparently is the oldest and/or best known shop in Osaka. It is very close to the Edion Arena. Use the directions given on the website to find the shop. One thing to note is that they take cash only.    Or I should say that was the only option i was given when i bought a 136,000 yen blade.

Not sure how much english they actually understand, but Google Translate on your phone will suffice.
I was able to visit 3 stores in Japan and noticed all 3 had scales freely available to weigh the blades, which assured me that I was going to buy the proper blade for my preferred setup.

Edited by dsc13 - 06/25/2018 at 5:07am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2018 at 7:45am
Thank you all for the recommendation. I've use ta-q for a while but didn't realize that they're in Osaka.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2018 at 12:43am
Visited the store today and couldn't be more disappointed. It is really small with limited stock, and I can pretty much get everything there cheaper elsewhere.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
shinchan1506217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinchan1506217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2018 at 10:35am
I don't know if this information would be relevant to OP anymore but here goes:

I used to frequent the Honmachi Takkyu Center http://www.honmachi-tabletennis.com/
It's a small shop and a bit pricey but the staff there are great

Sports Authority has some rubbers and tt equipment last time I checked which was around 3 years ago.

Edited by shinchan1506217 - 07/28/2018 at 10:36am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2018 at 10:27am
Thank you for the info. I just checked the  Honmachi Takkyu Center and it is freaking expensive, 1000 yen an hour... Do you have to bring a friend to play with, or can you just turn up and ask to play with others? Thanks.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
shinchan1506217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinchan1506217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2018 at 6:19pm
If you are looking for some places to play, then you could probably visit one of the table tennis bars 卓球バー in osaka or round1. If going to round1 you should bring a friend though.

Sorry I don't know too much about other table tennis places. I was a tennis player back then so...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2018 at 10:41pm
I went to a few clubs and the obly place that I could just turn up and play is the HPC in Namba area. Very friendly and has great venue with 5 tables. I paid 1500 yen to play from 7pm to 10pm on Friday night. There was a lovely lady that speak English fluently played there and she helped me around quite a lot. The playing level was high and there were some really good defenders there. But honestly, I am really disappointed that TT is not that popular in Osaka given how good the JNT is.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic