Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Hybrid K3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2021 at 9:51pm
I mean no, T64 is way faster

But the feel can be similar in that T64 feels soft like 43-45 degrees
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2021 at 6:19pm
D05 usually but am thinking of maybe going a bit slower. Had even though about chinese rubber on the backhand.

I don't mind D05 it's a really great rubber but the price is becoming an issue after wrecking a brand new sheet on a crazy opening backhand opener.... after about 40 mins of play ...Cry

Just pain in one word...ok 5...

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

D05 usually but am thinking of maybe going a bit slower. Had even though about chinese rubber on the backhand.

I don't mind D05 it's a really great rubber but the price is becoming an issue after wrecking a brand new sheet on a crazy opening backhand opener.... after about 40 mins of play ...Cry

Just pain in one word...ok 5...

Go for something like Victas V15 or even tenergy 80?

I will boost Hybrid K3 with seamoon national (just 1 medium layer) after the factory boost wears off. I think it will respond very well - what do you think?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2021 at 3:58pm
I've been lucky enough to get a sheet of K3 from Simon (MOG).  Very impressive rubber.  I wasn't sure what to make of it when it arrived - not as tacky as I'd expected (less than Rakza Z), small pore sponge, and incredibly short pips under the topsheet.

But man, it's a top rubber.  Bit harder to use than R-Z, arc stays a little low, but wow you can generate serious power with good contact on the ball.

I would expect it to respond well to booster - if it starts to fade away.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2021 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

But man, it's a top rubber.  Bit harder to use than R-Z, arc stays a little low, but wow you can generate serious power with good contact on the ball.

What about the amount of spin AndySmith? Always interested to hear your view, as mine often seems the same, so we must have similar technique perhaps. Wink

Edited by haggisv - 12/13/2021 at 11:41pm
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 5:54am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

What about the amount of spin AndySmith? Always interested to hear your view, as mine often seems the same, so we must have similar technique perhaps. Wink

Spin is very high on anything other than passive shots.  And it makes an incredible "CRACK" sound too, so probably heavily factory boosted as people have suggested already.

Best comparison I can think of - it's like a very, very slightly tacky MX-S.  Has very high stability on drives and counters, little bit slower, but instant grab on the ball and easier to brush loop.  But not as forgiving in terms of arc as Rakza Z.  If you're fast on your feet and have good technique then that won't matter to you.  If you're old, fat and lazy like me then you might find it a bit demanding.  It rewards active play more than R-Z.

It has a great mix of being relatively easy on direct shots (block, counter) while having a really dangerous top-end.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 7:47am
Yes that click sound is absolutely ridiculous, louder than my T64 with a 53deg sponge. 

Feel like because it's so boosted out of the pack, once it dies, it will respond well to maintenance boosting - what do you think?

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Spin is very high on anything other than passive shots.  And it makes an incredible "CRACK" sound too, so probably heavily factory boosted as people have suggested already.

Best comparison I can think of - it's like a very, very slightly tacky MX-S.  Has very high stability on drives and counters, little bit slower, but instant grab on the ball and easier to brush loop.  But not as forgiving in terms of arc as Rakza Z.  If you're fast on your feet and have good technique then that won't matter to you.  If you're old, fat and lazy like me then you might find it a bit demanding.  It rewards active play more than R-Z.

It has a great mix of being relatively easy on direct shots (block, counter) while having a really dangerous top-end.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:02am
I might go for something like a cheaper battle 2 or even a H3 on the backhand. Boost the life out of it and see if the grip helps. If not I'll stick with D05 I think. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:08am

I've been lucky enough to get a sheet of K3 from Simon (MOG).  Very impressive rubber.  I wasn't sure what to make of it when it arrived - not as tacky as I'd expected (less than Rakza Z), small pore sponge, and incredibly short pips under the topsheet.

I would expect it to respond well to booster - if it starts to fade away.
Andy, Is the top end spin or if you want power, significantly different between the THK3 and R-Z?

Edited by tom - 12/14/2021 at 9:14am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Yes that click sound is absolutely ridiculous, louder than my T64 with a 53deg sponge. 

Feel like because it's so boosted out of the pack, once it dies, it will respond well to maintenance boosting - what do you think?

I looks like it has a good sponge for that, impossible to know until you try but a friend of mine has had a lot of fun boosting Rakza Z (with falco).  Can't see why it wouldn't work with K3.

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Andy, Is the top end spin or if you want power, significantly different between the THK3 and R-Z?

I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2021 at 10:07am
"I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though"
Know what you are saying.  Thanks.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2021 at 9:37am

I looks like it has a good sponge for that, impossible to know until you try but a friend of mine has had a lot of fun boosting Rakza Z (with falco).  Can't see why it wouldn't work with K3.

I think it's noticeable yes.  K3 plays faster, more direct, with similar spin levels so the end result is a better combination of speed and spin.  Counterlooping is very impressive.  I feel safer playing with R-Z though.
Yes I think will be nice boosting, especially as it will die faster than my Tenergy on backhand.

Also I found K3 to have similar tack (maybe slightly lower) than Rakza Z, but it's significantly faster which is great
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2021 at 10:44am

Yes I think will be nice boosting, especially as it will die faster than my Tenergy on backhand.

Also I found K3 to have similar tack (maybe slightly lower) than Rakza Z, but it's significantly faster which is great

I have one question. My friend has tenergies on his timo boll alc. They are 1.5-2 years old. They look worn out and don't feel really grippy. But, he can produce tremendous spin it on chops and topspins. Moreover, he says that this the benefit of butterfly rubbers like tenergy and dignics that they last for a long time. Is that true? If this is the case then the high price of tenergy is justified. Isn't it?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

I have one question. My friend has tenergies on his timo boll alc. They are 1.5-2 years old. They look worn out and don't feel really grippy. But, he can produce tremendous spin it on chops and topspins. Moreover, he says that this the benefit of butterfly rubbers like tenergy and dignics that they last for a long time. Is that true? If this is the case then the high price of tenergy is justified. Isn't it?

I have a friend who does this too - uses rubbers until they're worn out, and then carries on anyway.  He then has a shock when he eventually replaces them.  Fair enough if that's your bag.

I don't like using rubbers when the surface grip has REALLY died.  Some players can get along with it and focus on generating spin mechanically via the sponge and not the topsheet, but that's not my way.  Using a sheet of tenergy for 2 years and then claiming that they last longer is tenuous in my opinion because that 2 year old sheet isn't playing like a fresh one for the majority of players.

Having said that, I find that tenergies and dignics do last longer than average.  But not to the extent that I'd pay £80 for a sheet of Dignics over £30 for a sheet of Rakza Z, which I prefer in playing characteristics anyway.  Important to remember that this stuff is all very subjective, there are no right answers, and people find value-for-money in different ways.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:22am
we have made a video review of the K3! I Hope you like it!

You can enable english subtitles Smile

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:36am
TTD in Italian ))
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2021 at 9:51am
Ok I see hype about K3, why no one cares about Tibhar Quantum X Pro and X Pro soft? I find one of their (Tibhar) top model with blue and pink color, I asked because I have EJ problem with short pips on backhand (a lot of Black and less red short pips but I still want use red and black on different days and I know about rules different color of topsheet=red) but in amateur league they didnt care so I want try blue/pink rubber on forehand and change pips, not to confuse my opponent but still gluing different color pips without problems on even training. I don't want to change every day my forehand rubber
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 3:43pm
For anyone interested, my review of this rubber has been published here.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 8:18pm
So many years have gone by, but I have still not found anything close to a well boosted H3N.
Tried K3, disappointed by the lack of gears and lack of top end speed. Short game is so so and this hybrid leans more towards the Euro side rather than the Chinese side. Reminds me of Oalio Thors.

Definitely a step below Dignics 09C and a little worse off compared to Rakza X EH.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 12/28/2021 at 8:19pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

So many years have gone by, but I have still not found anything close to a well boosted H3N.
Tried K3, disappointed by the lack of gears and lack of top end speed. Short game is so so and this hybrid leans more towards the Euro side rather than the Chinese side. Reminds me of Oalio Thors.

Definitely a step below Dignics 09C and a little worse off compared to Rakza X EH.

I've been using K1 plus and it's quite good like boosted H3 Neo. But imo D09c is really hard to beat but it does cost a bomb Dead 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2021 at 4:36am
maybe sieger pk 50?
pleiades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pleiades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Xiom Tau & Tau II, Palio Thors.

I really like Nittaku Hurricane Pro Turbo Blue & Orange (not ESN obviously), but they are stupid heavy. I am going to try them in 1.8mm next to see if that saves enough weight to make them useable. I don't think you need much sponge thickness for those given the hardness of their sponges, plus I mainly brush loop. 

*Update* 1.8mm NH3PT Blue & Orange on a 90g blade still comes in at 206g glued, so you only save around 5-6g vs 2mm. The low weight of Hybrid K3 is a massive advantage it has over rivals, even if it isn't 'sticky' and is closer to D05/D09 than H3. My team mate is using K3 on his forehand and I have never seen him be more consistent and he seems to have less trouble returning spinny serves than when he used MX-D before. 
Take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt as I'm not an expert player or table tennis equipment reviewer.
My blade is an OSP Virtuoso AC 150x157. I useT05 on BH and on FH prior to K3 I used MX-D.
From memory I found K3 to be as spinny as MX-D but perhaps not quite as fast below full power, K3 had a slightly harder feel as well initially.
With the K3 I over hit less and in general was able to use more power/was more comfortable putting more into strokes without fear of hitting long/over hitting.
Took this rubber off after 8/9 weeks approximately 80-100 hours as the top sheet was worn to the point I felt it was an issue in the hit areas and felt like there was slippage/lack of grip  on brush strokes. The entire top sheet looked battered/like it had seen much better days in general really.  Don't know if I'm expecting to much but i expect more duration than this from rubbers.
Have put on a sheet of very very lightly (few hrs) used 09c. First session 2/3 hrs was not great, had a terrible time adjusting. 9/10 hrs in and I'm still adjusting, some things I did with K3 I just can't do with 09c at the moment. Haven't worked out bat angles yet and don't feel comfortable using as much power as with K3 yet.  10 or so hours of focused training/multi ball is going to help familiarisation/adjustment.
very interested in the durability as well!?

Edited by pleiades - 01/03/2022 at 9:40am
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2023 at 7:00am
Did anyone try K3 on ZLC blades, IF ZLC for example? Is it a good match?
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2023 at 3:21pm
I'm now trying it on the Joola Vyzaryz Trinity, which is the triple weave blade, zylon, arylate and carbon.
It is an outer carbon as well but it works beautifully with it. Too good in fact.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic