Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Looking for BW2 Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinoyponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinoyponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for BW2 Upgrade
    Posted: 06/18/2010 at 11:11pm
k,so here's the problem. my forehand stroke is chinese and I'm currently using tuned BW2 (37deg.) on forehand but I want to change for an upgrade. What new technology rubber would you suggest me to replace my BW2?Thanks.
blade: bty pter korbel
fh rubber: haifu BW2 37deg.
bh rubber: cj8000

certified pinoyponger
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 11:22pm
You can give Spin Art a try, but I don't know why you don't just stick with Whale II. It's a great rubber.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinoyponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 11:27pm
well the thing is I find BW2 dead when untuned.I just like it glued or with booster but I want to move on and get rid of those.

certified pinoyponger
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 11:51pm
If you want maximum tune try Galaxy Apollo. If you want less tune try Spin Art.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by pinoyponger pinoyponger wrote:

well the thing is I find BW2 dead when untuned.I just like it glued or with booster but I want to move on and get rid of those.

I don't think there are any other tacky rubbers out there that are as fast as Whale II, except maybe Spin Art. But it's not very tacky and it's quite hard.

For a non-tacky rubber that still plays "similarly" to Chinese rubber, maybe you could try Tenergy 25. Or, if you're a "lower level" player (under 1800 USATT) then you could try Vega Pro.

My best guesses.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinoyponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 12:04am
First of all, I'm not looking for a tacky rubber to replace my BW2. I want to try some other new technology rubber with which I still can use the same forehand stroke that I'm using with my BW2. And I'm above 1800 USATT. Well thanks for the comments, I might try Tenergy 05 or tenergy 25.

certified pinoyponger
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 12:16am
There isn't an 'upgrade' to bw2. try the 39 degree hardness. it should be much better.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 12:42am
Give Spinart a try, or T25 as suggested by Anton.. they are both nice, some people complain that the T25 gets dead fast.. I didn't face this problem, but between those two I liked Spinart more.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
SuperFX View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 1:13am
The bw2 39 degree really is a fantastic rubber. I�ve just taken off the pretuned layer of glue on it so I can put 4 - 5 layers of bw2 Haifu speed glue to it.   I miss the little dip my h3 neo prov setup has.

My main setup is dhs h3 neo provincial 39 degree. Offers a lot of speed, spin and control. bw2 39 degree is faster though.
Yinhe/galaxy/milkyway mc-2
H3 PRO 20# 39 deg permtuned
Haifu Shark II Factorytuned 2.2 -36
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 1:59am
yea, the 37 degrees is much too soft in terms of punishing power. you should go for the 39 degrees before switching to a completely different rubber. 
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

There isn't an 'upgrade' to bw2. try the 39 degree hardness. it should be much better.

That's not quite correct. One can always upgrade to BW3, purple sponge. Smile

BW2 41" red is way better than Spin Art. I don't know about the black one, it might be even better.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 5:13am
Originally posted by pinoyponger pinoyponger wrote:

k,so here's the problem. my forehand stroke is chinese
 Try and make it more Canadian then.
The Older I get, The better I was.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 8:45am
Please rename thread to

"Looking for BW2 Upgrade"

and have mods move to "equipment section".

AFAIK - The product you are looking for does not exist; there is nothing off the shelf that plays like BW2 with a heavy tune job (aside from factory tuned BW2, of course).
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic