Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first video on mytt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 9:33am
good on you for doing the video (I thought you were a chick) but anyhow get a bucket of balls and work on your serves, I didnt watch the last games but some of your forehand choppy ones down the line were very high (spinny but high) and if I do a net serve I never do the same serve again as its just more likely to be attacked or predicted. If I was a sideline coach for each player I would tell you/him to attack the backhand as you were both vulnrable there
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Sponsored Links

Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 11:30am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I just love it when things fall into place.

I don't get it..=[
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 2:26pm
i'm at work right now but i have free time, so i will continue to provide advise on ur vids =)

as said before, the reason why you are missing a lot of your warm up loops is because your swing motion is too weak. it's like you're carrying the ball over (like during a counter-counter warmup).

your body positioning needs major retuning also. if you notice during the warm up....will edit later
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

good on you for doing the video (I thought you were a chick) but anyhow get a bucket of balls and work on your serves, I didnt watch the last games but some of your forehand choppy ones down the line were very high (spinny but high) and if I do a net serve I never do the same serve again as its just more likely to be attacked or predicted. If I was a sideline coach for each player I would tell you/him to attack the backhand as you were both vulnrable there

how did you get the idea that i'm a chick?  is it the icons?  for a girl that cute to exist, extremely low, and to play tt, close to improbable. Tongue  did you bother to look at my info? LOL

are you talking about the times when i return what would be a reverse pendulum?  the one that popped up was a misread Embarrassed  it just happens the way i return underspin still usually keeps the topspin serve on the table but pops extremely high since i add some strange sidespin to it.  its really funny cuz even though i screw up, that pop up usually eats the net when people try to smash it LOL

know any ways to return that serve well with fh?  the only way i know of is brushing the ball from right to left while holding your blade almost like a stop sign.  hope you get what i mean by that...

through the whole match, i only returned a serve once with my bh, and that was only cuz i knew exactly what he was going to serve.  luckily i smacked the ball and just won the point.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2010 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

I don't get it..=[
 when somebody makes many posts and then you get to see how they play, sometimes you are surprised, sometimes dissapointed, and sometimes things just fall into placeWink
The Older I get, The better I was.
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2010 at 8:56am

I don't get it..=[
 when somebody makes many posts and then you get to see how they play, sometimes you are surprised, sometimes dissapointed, and sometimes things just fall into placeWink

I truly understand and agree 100%. This actually would've been my first guess, knowing you.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
pipigrande View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipigrande Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2010 at 4:02pm

I don't get it..=[

I truly understand and agree 100%. This actually would've been my first guess, knowing you.

I exactly feel the same way as APW, which is why I understand what he meant.
Acoustic
BH: T64
FH: BW2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic