Print Page | Close Window

MOL FIRST REAL VIDEO!!!!!

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Coaching & Tips
Forum Name: Video of me playing
Forum Description: Post your playing videos and get tips and suggestions from other members.
Moderator: yogi_bear
Assistant Moderators: APW46, smackman
URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21144
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 5:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: MOL FIRST REAL VIDEO!!!!!
Posted By: Master_of_loops
Subject: MOL FIRST REAL VIDEO!!!!!
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 12:33pm
Finally I make my video. It is from Serbian national high school final 2007. I was 5 in men singles, and 3rd in men team. This video shows my first set of quarter finals in singles when I lose from Radonjic Vladimir who is in national junior team 3:2. Second match is battle for 3rd place in men team where my high school team won 2:0. I crushed my opponent who is nothing special. But he plays with Butterfly super anti, and he looks funny, but you wouldnt believe me when I say you guys that this guy with his funny TT style beat some very good junior players in Serbia. Please post your comments.

Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LXT3SANR - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LXT3SANR

PS: My game is for about 30% better now than in this video. I updated my serves and BH loop alot, and I little cut my FH loop move because it was so long (Simply telled I work that every my TT movement look like Mizutani TT movement). Now I am in Top80 in Serbia for seniors. But I will work harder to reach Top24. Soon (in begining of November) I will play 2 qualification tournaments for top24 in Serbia.

Replies:
Posted By: johnny89atc
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 12:34pm
Thanks MOL!!!I wanted to see you play...

-------------
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 12:42pm
Bump!!!

Posted By: lildudejds
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 12:44pm
There is no need to "bump" the topic....it will get plenty of traffic.

-------------
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX

Posted By: everest81
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Bump!!!

LOL made my day,
BTW, nice video.

-------------
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm

Posted By: tdragon
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 1:04pm
Ah Ha. MOL you can brag about yourself now (But don't brag too much LOL). Nice video Clap

Posted By: praywin
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 1:55pm
What is the problem with the kid in the second part? I hate players like that who don't wait before serving. That's my biggest peeve while playing.

Your forehand loops look good, though it seems like you take longer windup than needed before each shot. Also the rest of your game needs to catch up with your looping. Try adding some short serves and vary their location.
Hmm, I didn't mean to criticize your game, I just can't help giving tips to other players about improving their game.  Your game is pretty good as it is.

Posted By: esnift
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by praywin praywin wrote:

What is the problem with the kid in the second part? I hate players like that who don't wait before serving. That's my biggest peeve while playing.

Seriously. I think the second kid would probably be considered a good basement player; no form, no serve, and gives up on points he thinks he has lost.
The first match was very good though. good job MOL.

-------------
YE
Hurricane III
Tenergy 05fx

Posted By: Ciprian
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 2:54pm
Not bad, but you can't be 30% better if you have been  playing with guys like the second in your video .Smile

-------------
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30

Posted By: jkillashark
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 2:55pm
MOL finally posts his video...

G-G-G-Eflat MEOW MEOW
F-F-F-D ARF ARF

-------------
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH: Black DHS Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
BH: Red Butterfly Tenergy 80

Footwork and forehand is always the answer.

Posted By: Thylacine
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:05pm
 MOL, you are a good player  but I thought that the juniors level of play in Serbia is higher.. The boy in the second video didn't impress me much.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki club

Posted By: Tomii
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:08pm
Wait guys!!!!!!!! How do we know its him?:D:D:D

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Rtenkmt6M

Self-made video please watch and comment

Posted By: naijachief
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:11pm

Quite nerdy looking. Nice game nontheless!!!

-------------
who no know go know

Posted By: Heimdallalso
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:16pm
I'll take old age and treachery over youth and inexperience any day!

...and what Ciprian said

No seriously though, your enthusiasm is enviable.
Keep up the good work FruitLoopsThumbs%20Up!

-------------
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8

Posted By: Superserv
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 3:57pm
Well well finally he did his best and post a real guy who play TT. But still we dont know for sure its really MOL yet. His opponent cant even take his first serve and the serbia junior play with pants? well the tournement must be kind of school level or something.

MOL I cant see anything that show us ur style like JM.
I have seen u comment about others who post their VID here and u said they suck. but what I can see ur not better urself, if its really u in THE MOL VID.

now.... funny VID.

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH
Need to add more speed to my FH.

need MORE speed

I WILL use THIS COMBO 4EVER!

Posted By: nick911sc
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 4:09pm
Going  by a few past pictures MOL has posted as well as a video..Unless he is stalking this one player I'd say that it is truely him.

Congratz on posting a video finally

-------------
YEO Cpen

Xiom Fuga Cpen

Xiom Strato Cpen

Dawei Matrix Cpen

Dawei Quattro A+ FL

Posted By: bull_harrier
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 4:25pm
Didn't look like there was much of a backhand there and the forearm was good when you were able to connect against a lower level player but the guy in the yellow shirt in the first match was a little more quick and seemed to handle the "PMOL" (pseudo master of loops).  The lack of overall footwork and speed and the large stroke is not good for the game. When this person did connect it looked alright though. 

-------------
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier - My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 4:53pm
Thanks guys! Second player plays with Butterfly super anti, and he looks funny, but you wouldnt believe me when I say you guys that this guy with his funny TT style beat some very good junior players in Serbia. You think right when you said that this was school championsip. You can see this in my first post of this topic. You are also right that my movement for FH loop is too long, and need very much speed in my footwork (words of my personal coach - my father), so I little cut my FH loop move because it was so long. I also imrove my game from video time. I also updated my serves (variations of short, long, underspin, .. and BH loop alot. Simply telled I work that every my TT movement look like Mizutani TT movement (this is hard task for me because I am 187cm tall, so my main problem is footwork because of my height and my long legs). 

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:06pm
Don't blame the height for poor footwork, that can be a factor but can be easily corrected.  Do speed drills and footwork drills and you'll get over that in no time.  Look at how tall persson, oh, samsonov, liqin are and look at how fast they are.  I am 186 cm tall and i can move pretty fast for my height.  I'll get a video up here one of these days, i just need to bring that camera with and make one, i will do it.  But it looks like a lot of good parts of your game are there, they just need work to be put more together in a complete form.  And Mizutani plays a counter type style, i can see some resemblance in that but the overall motions you make don't resemble him much at all.

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier - My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Ciprian Ciprian wrote:

Not bad, but you can't be 30% better if you have been  playing with guys like the second in your video .Smile

From that tournament you saw (last year) I 70%only play with 30% better guys than first guy is. I will ask my club friend to record my training on Sunday, because I want to see you guys that I improve my game, and that I copy alot of moves from Mizutani. But this is last chance for recording on Sunday, because I in Thursday move to Belgrade (Serbia capital city) where I will live for 5 years. Also I am happy because of this, because my TT game will improve alot in Belgrade. I will train TT in Red Star, and playing for my old local club STK Krusevac on weekend. I cant wait to chalenge Wiliam Henzel who is playing for Red Star. I know that he is alot better than me, but my game will improve alot if I train and play with such big TT star.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

Don't blame the height for poor footwork, that can be a factor but can be easily corrected.  Do speed drills and footwork drills and you'll get over that in no time.  Look at how tall persson, oh, samsonov, liqin are and look at how fast they are.  I am 186 cm tall and i can move pretty fast for my height.  I'll get a video up here one of these days, i just need to bring that camera with and make one, i will do it.  But it looks like a lot of good parts of your game are there, they just need work to be put more together in a complete form.  And Mizutani plays a counter type style, i can see some resemblance in that but the overall motions you make don't resemble him much at all.

I know I cant 100% to copy Mizutani, but I work and I will work alot to copy shots of him most I can.

Posted By: James JH
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:13pm
I have the same problem I am about 190cm and although I have developed a big Wang Liqin like forehand it's not much good with out the foot work

-------------
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64

Posted By: cmetsbeltran15
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:17pm
No offense but that is definitely not 2200-2300

-------------
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:20pm

From that tournament you saw (last year) I 70%only play with 30% better guys than first guy is. I will ask my club friend to record my training on Sunday, because I want to see you guys that I improve my game, and that I copy alot of moves from Mizutani. But this is last chance for recording on Sunday, because I in Thursday move to Belgrade (Serbia capital city) where I will live for 5 years. Also I am happy because of this, because my TT game will improve alot in Belgrade. I will train TT in Red Star, and playing for my old local club STK Krusevac on weekend. I cant wait to chalenge Wiliam Henzel who is playing for Red Star. I know that he is alot better than me, but my game will improve alot if I train and play with such big TT star.

are u sure MOL that William Henzell play for the Redstar?

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

I know that, but this video is from last year, and I now play better for about 30%. I think that I am now about 2300 US rankings.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:25pm
Ok

-------------

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:26pm
Honestly if you are 30% better than that i still wouldn't put you at that high of a USATT rating

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:26pm
Not to mention that your math is wrong

-------------

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Superserv Superserv wrote:

are u sure MOL that William Henzell play for the Redstar?

President of red star told me that William will play for red star, because he wants this. He wants that Red star pay him airplane thickets, and give him money for pro tours around Serbia. Red star agree with his wishes, so I think they sign a contract.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:31pm

Honestly if you are 30% better than that i still wouldn't put you at that high of a USATT rating

Everybody has rights for his own oppinion. Dont forget that this is video, and videos make players skill alot worser then they are really are.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:31pm

I know that, but this video is from last year, and I now play better for about 30%. I think that I am now about 2300 US rankings.

If you could represent your country to World Junior Championship, then you could be that high. Are you there yet?

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

If you could represent your country to World Junior Championship, then you could be that high. Are you there yet?

I represented south of my country on around Serbia tournaments, but not such World junior championship. I was 2nd ranked junior player for south Serbia for season 2007/2008, and 7 ranked senior also for south Serbia. But I am now only senior because of my age, so serbia national team with Karakaseic, Grujic, Pete, Jeftovic ..., are far from me. Last year there were about 10 juniors players which were better ranked then me in whole Serbia.

Posted By: Heimdallalso
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:42pm
PMOL 1500 to 1742 USATT guesstimate +/- 200

Heimdallalso; relatively "short" for a "god"
182.90cm in bare feet.
He is also an occasional history revisionist.
Shame on him!

-------------
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8

Posted By: BrunodeDanann
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:48pm
Dude, from what i saw from this video you suck. Even more after knowing how much you bragged about yourself being very good.
Despite that your looking is very nerdish, you speak too much for your playing skills.
Here you wouldn't pass on qualification series from any state tournment.

really, no offense.

-------------
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:49pm

MOL just make a new VID there u play TT in sept 2008 instead or later.

How long have u been playing TT? I can tell u started at age 0f 10 yrd.

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:54pm
I play TT for 4.5 years. I will ask my club friend to record my fresh TT skills on Sunday.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 5:57pm
Example of players around 2300 US Ranking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHu3aSVpCU4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHu3aSVpCU4

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:05pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHu3aSVpCU4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHu3aSVpCU4

I can beat guy in white shirt, but I dont know for other guy.

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:07pm
The guy in white shirt rank around 2100

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:26pm

What about other guy?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:30pm
If you think that you have better skill comparing with both guys, you are in 2300 US rankings. Keep in mind that people play a lot worse in video (as you have said)

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:39pm
I can beat guy in white shirt for 100%, but I dont know for other guy. He has very good TT skill. But its not everything in skill. Tactic and strategy and luck is most important thing in TT.

-------------

Posted By: JimT

Honestly, that was not evident from this video. He might be good but in this game he looked pretty lame (not always, though).

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Posted By: F.Z.
Originally posted by BrunodeDanann BrunodeDanann wrote:

Dude, from what i saw from this video you suck. Even more after knowing how much you bragged about yourself being very good.
Despite that your looking is very nerdish, you speak too much for your playing skills.

really, no offense.

+1

-------------
BTY Timo Boll Spirit ST
FH: tenergy 05 2.1(B)
BH: tenergy 64 2.1 (R)

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Honestly, that was not evident from this video. He might be good but in this game he looked pretty lame (not always, though).

+1

-------------

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:03pm

Your forehand loops look good, though it seems like you take longer windup than needed before each shot. Also the rest of your game needs to catch up with your looping. Try adding some short serves and vary their location.
Hmm, I didn't mean to criticize your game, I just can't help giving tips to other players about improving their game.  Your game is pretty good as it is.

About the second kid: that's why you NEVER give people like that the ball unless you are fully ready. If they already have the ball you need to walk away from the table and return to it in a couple of seconds. Not to mention, that almost all of his serves were illegal - he barely tossed up the ball.

Now to you, Vasa: man, you gotta work on your backhand. In your first game (the one you lost) you played more or less OK from FH but your backhand was very unstable.

I hope your 30% were mostly on backhand side because you really need that.

And again, we understand that you are a teenager but you gotta pace yourself and stop imagining you are the king of the world. Get a better perspective - so far you sound like my 10-yr old son who when coming to his first tournament inquired of me whether they had any nice prizes there and what exactly will be his award. Then he proceeded to lose all 7 matches there...

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

About the second kid: that's why you NEVER give people like that the ball unless you are fully ready. If they already have the ball you need to walk away from the table and return to it in a couple of seconds. Not to mention, that almost all of his serves were illegal - he barely tossed up the ball.

Now to you, Vasa: man, you gotta work on your backhand. In your first game (the one you lost) you played more or less OK from FH but your backhand was very unstable.

I hope your 30% were mostly on backhand side because you really need that.

And again, we understand that you are a teenager but you gotta pace yourself and stop imagining you are the king of the world. Get a better perspective - so far you sound like my 10-yr old son who when coming to his first tournament inquired of me whether they had any nice prizes there and what exactly will be his award. Then he proceeded to lose all 7 matches there...

Thanks JimT. I would remember these words. I improve my BH game alot, and if I post my new video of fresh mine TT skills, you will see that. But its not too strong as my FH, so I will keep improving my BH to reach my FH.

-------------

Posted By: Kalin
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

+1

+2

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 7:22pm
finally, MOL posts a video!
its good u posted something in the first place, regardless of how new or old it is, i know you'll post an updated vid later on to prove your point.

i agree with earlier posts, your fh swing is a bit much, but ur stroke looks fluid and smooth.

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Kalin Kalin wrote:

Originally posted by F.Z. F.Z. wrote:

really, no offense.

+1

+2

+3, my memory of the US rating system is sorta vague, but I'm gonna say this was about 1800

-------------

Posted By: melarimsa
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:43pm
Prijatelju ja mislim da si ti dobar 1800+ igrac !
Dude, I think you are very solid and good 1800+ player !

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:47pm
Funny mel, after all you are the one who said he was about 2200-2300 a year ago.

-------------

Posted By: peds
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 10:55pm
Finally.. a video from MOL. I hope it's really you! Honestly, I expected a lot from this video. And I must say that I am disappointed because you always bragged about yourself. What is your rating again? No offense but I think I can beat you because I played with players better that you. Also, I didn't see any Jun Mizutani style of play in your video. Lastly, I agree with them about your looks. Maybe that's why you know everything.

I hope you learn your lesson. Show respect to earn respect.

Posted By: melarimsa
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 11:28pm

Funny mel, after all you are the one who said he was about 2200-2300 a year ago.
???Confused

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Posted By: bowebj
Date Posted: 09/25/2008 at 11:30pm
cant you tell by the way he carries himself (eventho its on a forum) that he is a chump that probably lies about most things?

-------------
Just have a reason behind your statement and maybe ill have one behind mine =)

Posted By: Glenn
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 2:55am

really, no offense.

telling him that you think he sucks and claim that "no offense"?

hmm.

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 5:27am

I know I cant 100% to copy Mizutani, but I work and I will work alot to copy shots of him most I can.

Kreanga played with the Primorac Carbon blade for years. That does not mean he was copying Primorac.

Do not try to copy JM. Just get inspiration from him. Work your strokes at 80% of your maximum strenght and only sometimes when you feel really good go for it 100%. It takes time to find the style that fits the body/mind combo of yours. It takes time to discover yourself and do something right about it.

Let me say it again while your video is downloading: Relax; and only sometimes go for it 100%. Remember what happens when it works. Analyse what is wrong when it does not.

Don't copy anybody. Just get inspiration; food for thought to build your own game.

oh! video's downloaded...bye

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: Ranger-man
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 5:39am
All in all, I would say MOL, you are not a bad player, ou have a good forehand, it lacks power, but is fairly consistent. Your backhand is not weak, just inconsistent. You need more speed in your footwork.

But all in all, you are not a bad player.

However, you are not good enough to say what you have been saying about other people's games, you are no Jun, and you are certainly no Wang Liqin.

I am not trying to put you down, just trying to say that dude, keep it in perspective. And players in vids look as good as they really are,

If you say you can beat the guy in white, from the video posted by then you are good, still not great. I play Cpen, I could beat the guy in white. He needs way more footwork to play Cpen. or maybe he was just having a bad day. It happens you know.

Players have good days, and bad days, so you can't judge anyone by just one vid.

And if the illegal serving guy in tracks beat several good players, I must say the standard is pretty low, he had no footwork, high returns, and a very weak attack.

Bottom line, you are good, but please, show everyone respect, and I can promise you, you will get the same in return.

Peace.

-------------
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:41am
How can u by watching the VId and tell u can beat that guy and that guy?
its depends on what tactic and strategi the guy will use in game.

Both guy from the VID was good TT players and are better than MOL. MOL if u are rating so high in Serbia then u should know who Kristian Karlsson or anthony Tran both from Sweden? can u beat them too?

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Posted By: rpbnakata
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 8:09am
Just watched the video. In my honest opinion you have to work much harder on your backhand. It's weak. You can't block 2 balls or put your opponent under pressure with your backhand.
Forehand seems to be OK, but it can (and should) be developed: speed, placement and variety of spins.
I believe you want to improve and it would be great if you post another video in 6 months showing how much your game is improving.

-------------
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 9:56am
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Prijatelju ja mislim da si ti dobar 1800+ igrac !
Dude, I think you are very solid and good 1800+ player !

EEEEE, sad me ubi ki s puskom. (Salim se). Hvala! Ali to je video od prosle godine kada je moj maksimum bio 8 pobeda i 16 poraza u drugoj ligi. Tokom ove 2008 godine sam dosta poradio na BH i celokupnoj igri (bolji servis, skratio sam put FH spina, kretanje, ...) i maksimum mi je bio 15 pobeda i 9 poraza u drugoj ligi. Sledeca sezona pocinje sledeceg vikenda, i ja se nadam da ce sve vise unapredjivati moju igru, iz godine u godinu!

Thanks! But this video is from last year when my maximum was 8 win and 16 lose matches in second Serbian league. During this 2008 year I work hard on my BH and whole game (better serves, I cut lenght of my FH loop, footwork, ...) and my maximum was 15 win and 9 lose matches in second Serbia league. Next season will start next weekend, so I will hope I will improv my game better and better from year to year! 

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 10:00am
Mol how many division the serbia league have?

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 10:02am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

It takes time to find the style that fits the body/mind combo of yours. It takes time to discover yourself and do something right about it.

WinkThanks! You are 100% right. But I already found my TT style (which my muscles and brain and whole body like most). Its a style with loops (70% of my strenght) with a lot of spin, and counter loops and blocks.

-------------

Posted By: TT_Freak
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 10:18am
Your backhand only looks weak because half the time you're flatfooted. If you want to get that speed then you're going to have to hit the gym and get legs of a racehorse. Double your strength, lean out to around 10% bodyfat and your footwork issues will magically disappear.

-------------
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 10:59am

Alot

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

All in all, I would say MOL, you are not a bad player, ou have a good forehand, it lacks power, but is fairly consistent. Your backhand is not weak, just inconsistent. You need more speed in your footwork.

But all in all, you are not a bad player.

However, you are not good enough to say what you have been saying about other people's games, you are no Jun, and you are certainly no Wang Liqin.

I am not trying to put you down, just trying to say that dude, keep it in perspective. And players in vids look as good as they really are,

If you say you can beat the guy in white, from the video posted by then you are good, still not great. I play Cpen, I could beat the guy in white. He needs way more footwork to play Cpen. or maybe he was just having a bad day. It happens you know.

Players have good days, and bad days, so you can't judge anyone by just one vid.

And if the illegal serving guy in tracks beat several good players, I must say the standard is pretty low, he had no footwork, high returns, and a very weak attack.

Bottom line, you are good, but please, show everyone respect, and I can promise you, you will get the same in return.

Peace.

Thanks ranger man! I will remember your words!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 11:03am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Just watched the video. In my honest opinion you have to work much harder on your backhand. It's weak. You can't block 2 balls or put your opponent under pressure with your backhand.
Forehand seems to be OK, but it can (and should) be developed: speed, placement and variety of spins.
I believe you want to improve and it would be great if you post another video in 6 months showing how much your game is improving.

Thanis! I will post my new video when I have oportunity to record my TT skills!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 11:06am
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Your backhand only looks weak because half the time you're flatfooted. If you want to get that speed then you're going to have to hit the gym and get legs of a racehorse. Double your strength, lean out to around 10% bodyfat and your footwork issues will magically disappear.

Thanks TT_Freak! I am eating like a pig, but nothing (all go to my height and nothing in width)!

PS: What is flatfooted (sorry for my bad english)?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 12:07pm

Alot

MOL, what do u mean with alot? 100?

u said u will play in the 2th league? is that the lowest oris there lower? how can we find u in the serbia TT association or will we find u in club new club?

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 12:15pm

Alot

MOL, what do u mean with alot? 100?

u said u will play in the 2th league? is that the lowest oris there lower? how can we find u in the serbia TT association or will we find u in club new club?

I play in 2nd league for last 3 years. In Serbia there are Super league, first league, second league south, second league north, second league center, national league 1, 2, 3, 4, recreative players league, and veteran players league. So 11!

For 2008/2009 season some first serbian league clubs wanted that I play for them, but I get more money from my STK Krusevac club (2nd league), so I reject offer.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 4:15pm
and with that game du play 2th league then the league must be very low level. The serbia league standard is very low in that cast.

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 4:35pm

and with that game du play 2th league then the league must be very low level. The serbia league standard is very low in that cast.

I will repeat this for the 10 time: Video that you saw is from last year (season 2006/2007) when I play nothing special. I am in top 50 senior players in Serbia for season 2007/2008, so you see from this that I improve my game alot. And for the next upcoming season we will see.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 4:38pm
If you improved ten times that is a larger increase than 30%, so which one is it?

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Posted By: pongmaster
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 5:30pm

I can beat guy in white shirt, but I dont know for other guy.
actually, the guy in the white shirt, guo xi, is 2400 and the other, truong tu, is 2300.  its probably because guo xi is just playing poorly so its best not to judge on one video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMDojNFwRs
heres the same guy beating a 2550 player, barney reed.

-------------
Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:19pm
what rates do u have if are an elite or pro in the US?

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:26pm
Elite I would say over 2200, pro would be 2500 and up, if i'm wrong correct me on this

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:30pm
and MOL said he was like 1800-2000? must be kidding me. MOL is like 1300 to me.

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 7:34pm
Yeah i wouldn't say he was around 1800 either, 1500 tops but oh well.  

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Posted By: sprite
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 8:06pm

Elite I would say over 2200, pro would be 2500 and up, if i'm wrong correct me on this

I always thought that the Elite players were only the worlds best pros, the type that the US only sees when they have passed their prime, semi-retired and emigrated to the US.Embarrassed

-------------
YEO

Boost TP

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 8:17pm
world elite, yes, but US elite is maybe 2500.  World elite usually don't even have a US rating.  Rating central has them around 2900+

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 8:54pm

Yeah i wouldn't say he was around 1800 either, 1500 tops but oh well.  
1500 is a bit harsh

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 9:00pm

depends what you see as pro, because a guy who was 2500 and played pro TT would not make enough money for a living

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

world elite, yes, but US elite is maybe 2500.  World elite usually don't even have a US rating.  Rating central has them around 2900+

http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml - http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml

OK, USATT has the US men's Elite at 2700, World Elite at 2800.

-------------
YEO

Boost TP

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 9:13pm

Elite

1. the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class

-------------
YEO

Boost TP

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 9:35pm
Well that's why i said correct me if i was wrong and thanks for the input, and 1500 isn't harsh at all.  

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 10:46pm
1500 players
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6GoUNY1Om8&feature=related

either 1500 tops is harsh(or at least a little harsh), or players in colorado are messed up
players don't look as good on camera bull

there is a big difference between most 1500's and 1800-1900s in their service, service return, shot aggressiveness, and shot selection.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 11:00pm
You are right about the differences and he didn't display those qualities well, his shot selection was poor due to a lack of a BH, service return was alright and you' can't tell me footwork here was anything less than inadequate.  The aggressiveness wasn't bad but if you can't get to shots or set them up and just hope and rely that a ball will go to your FH isn't good.  He may look good with the few decent shots he had but the lack of strategy is what sets a 1500 player aside from an 1800 player.  If there was improvement from this video to the supposed next one he'll display then that would be great, i'm curious to see but this one clearly didn't display the level of skill he seems to think he has.  The potential is there and hopefully he'll utilize it with some good coaching.  By the way did your Matsush*ta get in? And did your order some new rubber?

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Date Posted: 09/26/2008 at 11:54pm
Chen Weixing is ranked ~2900 at US Open. MOL is almost same rank as Chen Weixing if he claimed that he is ~2300 LOL

Posted By: rpbnakata
Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 12:06am
Could anyone clear this to me? World top players still have a rank like that? How much Ma Long would be? 3500+?
I've never understood this kind of ranking.

-------------
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 12:11am
usatt ratings get messed up for pros because they have only played in like 1 or 2 usatt events

-------------

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 12:12am
he may not have displayed them well for a table tennis player but they were displayed well in relative to the 1500's.  I think you see the standards of an 1800 player a bit too highly and have way too many qualifications for it.  You can't judge his strategical analysis based off one game. 
one more convincing video of 1500's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxj_Ac5vHlU&feature=related

i think we can agree that he is 1500+

-------------

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 12:30am
I don't view them too highly, but with what he gave us we have to formulate ideas based on what is there and what he displayed is not good.  And if that is what he considered his good points, if i remember correctly he was trying to edit out the bad points, then he really isn't anything impressive.  I'll put him at 1500+ with a max of 1590/1600.  And i'm sorry for all the bragging he did and all the talking he did this was really lame to see this video of him, but i guess that's why he was doing the talking, just to get people thinking he was better than he is putting out to be.  It's a pretty good strategy until the evidence comes out.  If his next video is better then that'll be great but based on what is here, yeah not going to put him around 1800 and that is his fault

-------------
Clipper CR WRB

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 1:03am
The difference of the player from 1500 and 2000 could be how to serve and handling serve. Some good players (kids) have very good form, but could not handle serves. Experience would take time to build up in order to master the game. With the person having 4 1/2 years experience, I don't think that he could master the game yet unless he is born to be genius.

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 1:10am

I don't view them too highly, but with what he gave us we have to formulate ideas based on what is there and what he displayed is not good.  And if that is what he considered his good points, if i remember correctly he was trying to edit out the bad points, then he really isn't anything impressive.  I'll put him at 1500+ with a max of 1590/1600.  And i'm sorry for all the bragging he did and all the talking he did this was really lame to see this video of him, but i guess that's why he was doing the talking, just to get people thinking he was better than he is putting out to be.  It's a pretty good strategy until the evidence comes out.  If his next video is better then that'll be great but based on what is here, yeah not going to put him around 1800 and that is his fault
Keep in mind, when the person plays against weaker component, he would play great. But when playing against better component, he would look like the lame person.

Posted By: infinite_loop
Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 2:37am
Trying to estimate someone's rating from a short video is a futile exercise.

For a moment, just pretend that you don't know anything about Richard McAfee, his rating, or the fact that he is a master tactician.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM3EUQ5Ip4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM3EUQ5Ip4

Now tell me what you think about the older guy.

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 2:41am
MOL would say "I could beat the old man" LOL

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 2:51am
MOL said he had only played TT about 4,5 yrd and u can see in the VID he got no talent at all. So he cant bragging so much about his JM style.
I am sorry in I rate him to 1300, but he edit the VID only to proof he can play good TT. but If he just show us the whole VID then we can judge him better. MOL can fool a kid here and there but he just not good enought to said I cant beat this guy in the "white shirt"!.

PS: In my club there is a old man will turn 70 yrd this Nov, I dont think MOL can beat him thats for sure.

-------------
Photino ST
sinuz alfa max FH/BH

need MORE speed

Posted By: Ranger-man
Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 5:18am
You know, Superserv, thats a very good point you make there. All the other vids we have been watching so far of USATT 1400, 1500 or higher ranked players have been complete matches, so we are judging them on their good points, and on their bad shots as well. From that perspective, I think MOL shoul send in a full vid, of two or three matches against 2 or 3 diff players.

But I must admit, that I have been watching a lot of vids of 1500 players, and I think they don't really have a lot going for them.

-------------
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!

Posted By: lildudejds
Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 1:25pm
Ok guys be real here. He's not 1300,and hes better than 1500. However, no way are you 2200-2300. 1800 is a good estimate from this video.

Quick tip, don't bring you paddle so low on forehands. It was almost at your ankles on some points.

-------------
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX

Date Posted: 09/27/2008 at 4:31pm
Thanks lil! 100 post in this topic!!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net