Print Page | Close Window

Friendly game - rate me

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Coaching & Tips
Forum Name: Video of me playing
Forum Description: Post your playing videos and get tips and suggestions from other members.
Moderator: yogi_bear
Assistant Moderators: APW46, smackman
URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42585
Printed Date: 04/29/2024 at 11:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Friendly game - rate me
Posted By: wyatt
Subject: Friendly game - rate me
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 12:50pm
Rate me and advises are very much welcome.. 

Just so you know I didnt have any trainor/coach where I was from so that will explain my poor form (I think my strokes are akward but im confident i can make it in the table) , and yes I have a weak bh.. lol   :-)

Im the one in black, sweating so much..  :-) 

he's my  5th opponent that night.. im a bit tired (change the loser)

please dont quote the video..

Sorry for the bad angle.. 

Update:

Ok this was my first game that day.. no warm ups.. lol.. 1st and 2nd game was a mess, cant run around.. too stiff body.. etc.. 

-------------
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0

Replies:
Posted By: sahiggs100
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:28pm
It's always hard to tell with a video but I wouldn't be surprised if u were 1500. Your pushes do seem to go kind of high and your serves but as long as they are pretty spinny that shouldn't be a problem. You have a pretty decent top spin game but I would like to see how you do with someone who doesn't play along with top spin game(like a chopper or pips user).

-------------
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!

Posted By: dragon kid
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:34pm
This is exactly why I said the camera should be on the FH side, can't see much of the ball Wink
I think you both try to develop the 'correct' technique but lack consistency. The fact that you both know each ather so well makes it easy for some shots, you even move before your opponent serves like you know where the ball going to be. If you move like that against someone with better serves, you're going to get aced down the line Wink
You need to be more patient on some of your opening, too many mistakes. You and your friend have an OK technique, quite good but you are forcing some of your shots (for example trying to kill a ball that should be loop), and found reaching for the balls a few times. Looking good, IMO, if you just be patient a bit with your shots and open up with spinny loops before a kill, you will improve much..
And your BH needs much improving, but you already knows that :)

-------------
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:44pm
thanks..
Yes many of my pushes went high in this game, im really having a hard time keeping it low with this guy's pushes coz most of the time its fast and has no/little chop. 

I will try to take a video of our chopper(LP) vs me, he wasnt around that time :-)

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:46pm
@dragonkid

hhahaha.. thanks..

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by sahiggs100 sahiggs100 wrote:

You have a pretty decent top spin game but I would like to see how you do with someone who doesn't play along with top spin game(like a chopper or pips user).
This is a valid point, I agree with sahiggs, you might struggle againt these kind of players..

edit: looking forward for the video :)

-------------
655H3PClassicAcudaS1

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:53pm
oh yes.. there were two serves that went very high.. was trying to do a ghost serve.. but failed.. . lol  (always had success with it)

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 2:50pm
your pushes are just that...they are pushes but not short chops. Try using your wrist a little more and chopping down on the ball a little more rather than "pushing" the ball back high w/o much spin.  My kids coach always tells them to make sure they chop down on the ball and use more of the wrist than the forearm.
also when your opponent chops it back to your bh corner you're trying to loop-drive the ball and I noticed you drove several into the bottom of the net.  when you're tring to loop underspin, especially if it's heavy underspin make sure you're racket gets below the table and you contact the ball at 3 o'clock (12 being at the top).  You're probably contacting the ball more at 1:30 - 2 against the underspin and you're going into the net.  when someone says to "open with more spinny loops" they basically mean to do this as it will produce more spin.  Once you loop the underspin (contacting the ball at ~ 3 o'clock) then if you're opponent blocks it back you can drive it more by coming over the ball around 1:30. 
Hope this helps.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Posted By: Tinykin_2
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 5:50pm
For someone with no coaching you are pretty light on your feet and have decent footwork. Just think about your game and try new things rather than go allout for a win each time.

-------------
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V

Posted By: addoydude
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:22pm
1300 or so

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1

Posted By: ejmeser
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:52pm
I'd rate you as a 1500-1600 player Smile

-------------
*Madridista*

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45266&title=feedback-ejmeser" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: tpgh2k
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:56pm
the bh blocks are pretty good actually. sometimes i would just say that you need to work on shot selection. footwork limits your choices also.

but other than that, not bad at all =)

-------------
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: davidz
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 9:58pm
I think you could be a 1650 - 1700 level player

-------------
PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:26pm
to be honest if I want to win badly with this guy I just out rally him on the Bh and just serve long on his bh.. no need to high toss... I wanted to look good in camera LOL and  show all my strokes.. even sometimes gets camera conscious(in mind) especially at the start.. I would never keep pushing against him in a tourney, like I said, his push doesnt have much spin but fast..

thanks for the ratings and advices.

will try to get a video of me looping and looping and looping against a chopper(lp user).  :-) he doesnt visit the club often though.. 

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: Nori
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:47pm
Just remember, the push is a passive stroke. The the opponent pushes long, no need to push back. Just loop.

Posted By: gatz
Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:48pm
What happen? you play better than that...you must be tired.

-------------
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   

Date Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:56pm
updated.. new vid posted.

maam gatz, i admit my game is not very consistent.. sometimes i play very well sometimes not. :-)

But I wonder hows the accuracy of baltimore ratings coz I know people who went to the baltimore open and they were rated 1800+ and 1900+, I could defeat them 3-0.... but then again I know their game. ahahah

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: APW46
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 2:43am
Just by looking at yr ministep footwork in the first two rallies, I can tell you are a higher standard than most of the above are giving you credit for. I've seen USATT 2000+ players who move like cart horses. Your shot selection at times leaves much to be desired though, going for outright winners with yr F/hand when a 3/4 paced heavy topspin would have been a more consistent option.
Going by what I've seen, and looking at the second clip, and also considering that yr opponent is a decent player, I'd put you USATT 2150 at least.

-------------
The Older I get, The better I was.

Posted By: tpgh2k
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 2:51am
i know you could beat me. so at least 1800+

-------------
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 3:06am
definitely NOT 1600. You seem really comfortable most of the time, especially in a rally, and you're always moving your feet. people at 1600 dont do so well with the first few balls of a rally like you do over and over. You're consistently doing what you need to be doing... If shot selection is your only problem then bravo.

I don't like rating people better than me because that's where inaccuracy comes from. But If I had to guess I'd put you at anywhere from 1950-2150. The attackers or general offensive players that I've personally seen that are 2200+ i think are better than you, but those are only the ones I've seen personally.. so I feel okay with my guess.

good playing! how long have you played table tennis?

Posted By: Speedplay
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 5:53am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Just by looking at yr ministep footwork in the first two rallies, I can tell you are a higher standard than most of the above are giving you credit for. I've seen USATT 2000+ players who move like cart horses. Your shot selection at times leaves much to be desired though, going for outright winners with yr F/hand when a 3/4 paced heavy topspin would have been a more consistent option.
Going by what I've seen, and looking at the second clip, and also considering that yr opponent is a decent player, I'd put you USATT 2150 at least.

Finally a voice of reason here. What is it with all the US members and their estimations? Rating this guy as 1500 (and 1300!) has to be a joke. The footwork alone shows that he is better then that.

I thought that there where perhaps a little to many bad shot selections to rate you as high as APW does, but my initial impression was that you would defintly not be lower then 1800, and most likely around the 2000 mark.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: kenneyy88
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:06am
Hard to tell really from these videos. I would say you have the potential to be rated around 1800-2000. 

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:11am
Speedy, the earlier post is because only one vid included in the first post. In the first video, wyatt didn't look very good, he said himself he was tired. And Gatz who know him personally, also said that he is actually better than the 1st vid..
Though I would not go as low as 1500, in the 1st vid I will go for 1900 give or take 100 points. After seing both vids, I'll go with 2000 plus minus 100 points..
I like the 1st vid better because wyatt has to work more for his points. While in the 2nd, his opponent made too many mistakes (go for a winner all too soon and too often). But in the 2nd vid, wyatt looks better, probably because the way the other guy plays suits wyatt's style better..

@wyatt, 2nd vid 6:50, those are the kind of loops you need to make when you need to open up before you kill. You do look better after I saw both videos.. It's not easy to look good on videos, but you look good on them, so in reality you probably are even better..

-------------
655H3PClassicAcudaS1

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:19am
and addoy rated me 1300 Cry

@APW thanks for the nice rating but that may be too high... :-) Yes players here acknowledge my fast feet and good ball anticipation. and ofcourse my serves.

@Beeray I started playing 1996.. no coach/trainer. then stop for 4 years... back playing then stopped for 3 years then back again LOL This last three years were the time I made huge development especially with rallies coz there's a lot of players here (different styles) and are good.  

I remember when I started, we only learn new stuff every year (regional competition), we practice what we saw & encounter.. If only there were already internet in our area that time..

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:44am
damn shouldve post what ive written before going out.. never knew it had another reply..

Yes I made pretty many bad shots selection.. especially when an opponent had made a winner shot or I made a pretty bad shot.. I have to get back one .. forcing the shot.. ahaha but ofc Im more patient at tourneys

Anyone had a good link on Good TT exercise without playing? Also anyone could mail me a good training program? basic and advance...  TIA

Edit:

I can defeat all the players here already (not all the time but I can most of the time), Im worried my improvement will be stucked.. Any advice? As much as I want to do multiballs, I cant coz people here directly plays the game (a little drilling ofc). 

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: mizutani_jun
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:14am
Wow wyatt you pretty good.
If have chance,i want to fight you.
I think im about the same level as you.

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:17am
:) I didn't watch the whole video.. Watched a short portion of the start..picked a random spot in the middle.  Now I gotta to see the whole thing since other people are giving you such high ratings..:)

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Wow wyatt you pretty good.
If have chance,i want to fight you.
I think im about the same level as you.

I wish that would happen, would love to play with you.  ALways up for a challenge Wink

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 10:51am
ok watched the full 1st vid. You definitely played much better after the first pause in the game. I stopped watching after the first few points because you missed all your attacks and pushed all your returns high and plus the bad camera angle.. I didn't want to waste my time rating another match full of mistakes :) i'd say revised estimate (not having seen the 2nd vid because it won't play on my phone) is 1800 or so. You may be better but in that match I don't think it was 2000 level.

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1

Posted By: gatz
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 11:04am
personally i would rate wyatt in the 2000 rating or more a've seen him  play and with his recent  tournament outcome he came 3rd and those guys that he beat were in their 2000+ . It just it's hard to tell the real rating because they dont have the point system. It is either you are classified as class a,b or c player. and definitely he is class A player.

-------------
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   

Posted By: Speedplay
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Speedy, the earlier post is because only one vid included in the first post. In the first video, wyatt didn't look very good, he said himself he was tired. And Gatz who know him personally, also said that he is actually better than the 1st vid..Though I would not go as low as 1500, in the 1st vid I will go for 1900 give or take 100 points. After seing both vids, I'll go with 2000 plus minus 100 points..I like the 1st vid better because wyatt has to work more for his points. While in the 2nd, his opponent made too many mistakes (go for a winner all too soon and too often). But in the 2nd vid, wyatt looks better, probably because the way the other guy plays suits wyatt's style better..@wyatt, 2nd vid 6:50, those are the kind of loops you need to make when you need to open up before you kill. You do look better after I saw both videos.. It's not easy to look good on videos, but you look good on them, so in reality you probably are even better..

To be honest, I've only watched the first video. Was about to comment about it, but ran out of time, but was going to say 1800-2000, then when I come back, I see people estimating his level to 1500 from that video. Now, that is a case of some one who seriously over-estimates the skill needed to advance in the Usatt rating system. If he plays even better in the second video, then APW might be right with his higher estimation.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: smackman
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:25pm
I think if you can improve your backhand return of service your whole game will improve, you give away 4-6 points every game

-------------
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 8:41pm
Every video I've seen of US players around 1500 shows me a garage player or very early days for a club player. This guy seems around 2000 US

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 9:15pm
Around 1200.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 06/14/2011 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

I think if you can improve your backhand return of service your whole game will improve, you give away 4-6 points every game

thanks.. Im working on that already, lately Im playing games without me serving :-)

@speedplay

Yes I look better on the 2nd vid, my pushes in the 2nd vid were lower.. Like I said Im having difficulty pushing low with the guy on the first vid.. the video doesnt clearly show how he push.. its push form is like unorthodox but its a lil fast with less spin.

@chris

thanks for the rating, but do you mind justifying it? Could use your knowledge in the game.. it may help me develop 

thanks to all..

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 12:58am
Will you be playing in a tournament soon so we can see what your rating ends up being?

-------------

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 1:48am
no tournaments in our area till august. :-) Im from Philippines btw.

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: APW46
Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 5:48am
Us non US guys can only go on what we see, and use the ratings of US players we have played, and players we know who have played in the US. I personally have seen some very good 2100 players, but also some appallingly bad ones.

-------------
The Older I get, The better I was.

Posted By: Vassily
Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 6:19am
From what Ive seen the level where the standard offensive looper can be expected to safely loop (loop solidly, not some lob-loop) most nastyish game-situation long pushes (i.e. more than say 70-80% of the time), which is about the same level where people start to try counterlooping in-game is about 2000? Below that its more swing and pray, often driving against the spin and hope for the best, and they usually hit way harder and flatter than necessary so its much harder to counterloop anyway.

In a system where theres no real regular league play, just tournaments, its probably not enough official matches to stabilize ratings. And as we know (at lower levels of ) TT style mismatches and just how you feel on that day can make a huge difference.

New Zealand seems to mainly follow the British/Aus league system, so teams of 3 and you play every week.

For interest where I used to live we had something like 8 divisions, so division 4 was where most slightly coached people started, (below that theres not many players). Div 3 was about the level where was about US1500 - 1600 I think (one div 3ish guy went to US and was 1600+ after a tournament). Usually div 3 and 4 are mainly used to gain experience, since playing proper games and winning them is quite different from training. Usually those people who just play league matches for years without too much practicing or coaching end up at div3 at most. Most fit players with semi-decent technique, some coaching and some experience end up in Div 2, so maybe anywhere up to US 2000, maybe a touch less?

How is the "official" play like in the other places? What is the format like? What is the standard like? I am curious!

Since most youngish loopers follow a broadly similar development pattern, perhaps we as a forum can try to link some developmental-type descriptions to ratings?

Its crazy how big the variations are in the usatt estimates. Somebody is going to put some of the wttc footage thats going around and someone will say "hmm, 1600, you push too high, footwork looks nice tho" LOL.

-------------
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 9:16am
This subject is about Wyatt and a rough estimate of his ability and what are some ideas to help him improve

-------------
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 9:45am
Thanks smackman.. 

REPOST:

"Anyone had a good link on Good TT exercise without playing? Also anyone could mail me a good training program? basic and advance...  TIA"

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 10:32am
I read a lot of article on this website when I was starting out..
http://tabletennis.about.com/od/playbettertabletennis/u/advancedplayers.htm - http://tabletennis.about.com/od/playbettertabletennis/u/advancedplayers.htm

For video tutorial there is a lot of it @youtube. Just search the kind of stroke you want to learn or go to channels like pingskill or ttedge..

-------------
655H3PClassicAcudaS1

Date Posted: 06/15/2011 at 1:07pm
yes theres a lot in youtube but what i want to know is the actual training program from the start to finish  (what to train first and so on..)  Anyone here went to training camp and could share the program?  or should I post another thread for this?

also if there are training programs months before a major competition...............

thanks for the link.. will check it later.

-------------
Nexy Calix

Date Posted: 12/07/2011 at 6:40pm
Its been so long.. I have not been very active playing lately,received my calix blade for testing/review.. 3rd day Using Calix Fl, T05FH and Cornilleau Pilot Adv 2.0mm BH

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: skip3119
Date Posted: 12/07/2011 at 9:54pm
Wyatt: 

You may not like my assessment:  Looks like you are weaker than Joseph Cruz of the Philippines.
Not sure if you know or have played Joseph or not.

Enjoyed your video.

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 12/08/2011 at 12:16am
He's definitely better than me :-)

-------------
Nexy Calix

Posted By: richrf
Date Posted: 12/08/2011 at 1:03am
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your video. I have practiced with players ranging from 1400 - 2500 here in Chicago. I can safely say that you are definitely more than 1500 and less than 2200. But that is a big range. 

One of the problems I am having in figuring out your game, is that your opponent does not vary his shots much so I am not sure how you would react to an opponent who is varying spins, speeds, placement, etc.

I use to practice with a 1900 level player and he had a whole repertoire of shots that would drive opponents crazy. Technique was OK, but where he excelled was in dimensions of his play - both during service, returns, and shot placements.

I am only guessing, but I think you might find him difficult to handle. So that would narrow it down to 1500 - 1900. 

According to this chart, the average USATT player is about 1700. 

http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml - http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml

So based upon your speed, footwork, aggressive game on both wings, I would say that you are probably on par with the average USATT player at 1700. There are so many different styles that can get a 1700 rating and I think yours falls into it. If you developed a greater variety of shots I think you would be much higher. On the other hand, I can be completely misreading the quality of your opponent and you might be much better than I suspect.

Hope this helps,
Rich

Posted By: roundrobin
Date Posted: 12/08/2011 at 1:43am
Honest opinion:  I would rate you at 1999 if you played at my tournaments, so you can enter our club's U2000 event to prove yourself that you are over 2000... You definitely have what it takes to break 2000 (and stay there) if you compete in the U.S. long enough, imho... Then again, I know quite a few adult players here who could actually play as well as you do, but never broke 2000 for psychological reasons, even after a decade of trying...

So there you have it.  Smile
You are rated 1999 by me to startBig smile

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 3:50am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

According to this chart, the average USATT player is about 1700. 
http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml - http://www.usatt.org/member_rankings.shtml

Rich, I think you interpreted the chart incorrectly. It has a line at 1700, which it indicates is the boundary between "Intermediate" and "Advanced" players.

The range for average USATT members is shown as 1400-1700

The average tournament player is shown to be 1700-1800

I guess it depends on how you're using the term "player"... those who are consistently coming to tournaments?

Icontek had some statistics recently on the average rating... maybe he'll chime in.

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 4:12am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Honest opinion:  I would rate you at 1999 if you played at my tournaments, so you can enter our club's U2000 event to prove yourself that you are over 2000... You definitely have what it takes to break 2000 (and stay there) if you compete in the U.S. long enough, imho... Then again, I know quite a few adult players here who could actually play as well as you do, but never broke 2000 for psychological reasons, even after a decade of trying...

So there you have it.  Smile
You are rated 1999 by me to startBig smile

+1 I'd start him at 1999 also and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around 2100 at some point, there's a lot of mistakes in the match but there's also too many variation in shots he plays and too much touch to start under 2000

Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 5:28am
  Here finaly got it , your official mytt USA rating is....... drum roll please
1200, 1300, 1500, 1500-1600, 1500-1900, 1600, 1650-1700, 1800+, 1800-2000, 1950-2150, 1999, 2000, 2000+, 2100, 2150 or estimated by one at 1500-2500
 so you are a noob up to elete Mens team

-------------

Posted By: stigatt
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Wyatt: 

You may not like my assessment:  Looks like you are weaker than Joseph Cruz of the Philippines.

Enjoyed your video.

Joseph Cruz is 2479! Lots of people are weaker than Joseph Cruz. :)

Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 9:32pm

1200, 1300, 1500, 1500-1600, 1500-1900, 1600, 1650-1700, 1800+, 1800-2000, 1950-2150, 1999, 2000, 2000+, 2100, 2150 or estimated by one at 1500-2500
LOLLOLLOL  That's why I seriously wonder about people's ability to estimate rating from a video!  Sometimes I think people are just throwing a number out there.

-------------

Posted By: mikepong
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by wyatt wyatt wrote:

He's definitely better than me :-)

where do you play? i see joseph cruz play at amoranto almost everyday as i also play there

-------------
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Posted By: chronos
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 10:42pm
if people are posting rating estimates, I'd be curious to see your own rating.

I'm 1450 or so: 2000 +- 150 based on this video, but could go higher based on adaptability to unorthodox games.

Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

if people are posting rating estimates, I'd be curious to see your own rating.

I'm 1450 or so: 2000 +- 150 based on this video, but could go higher based on adaptability to unorthodox games.

This is a good idea.  Although sometimes these people don't even have ratings themselves.  Sometimes I think that rating estimates become biased based on someones own level.  They think, "I could give that person a run for their money and I'm around (insert rating) or so."  Sometimes its different when you are on the other side of the table and you actually wouldn't do as well against that person as you thinkLOL.  Just a thought.

-------------

Posted By: skip3119
Date Posted: 12/09/2011 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by stigatt stigatt wrote:

Wyatt: 

Enjoyed your video.

================================================
OK, lots of people are weaker than Joseph Cruz. (True.)

Wyatt: 

Since you reside in the Philipines, I'll throw you another name, see if you know or have played this guy -
Mark Andrew Flores (usatt 2009-2124).

Both Joseph and Mark beat me without any problems when they visited our club in USA.

From the video, you looked weaker than Mark as well.

-------------
skip3119

Posted By: ZJKandMLfan
Date Posted: 12/10/2011 at 12:19am
i wud say 1850-1900.

ur footwork is solid and ur fh loop can be very explosive at times but its not consistent enough.

ur bh is a bit weak to make u a 2000 player.

-------------
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX

Posted By: roundrobin
Date Posted: 12/10/2011 at 12:29am
Originally posted by sahiggs100 sahiggs100 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL  That's why I seriously wonder about people's ability to estimate rating from a video!  Sometimes I think people are just throwing a number out there.

Or you can leave it to a poster who actually has the authority to recommend your initial rating to our referee, submit it to USATT and be accepted as such... me.  LOL

Posted By: The Shakehander
Date Posted: 12/10/2011 at 12:34am
"recreational" :)

Posted By: mikepong
Date Posted: 12/10/2011 at 1:57am

Originally posted by stigatt stigatt wrote:

Wyatt: 

Enjoyed your video.

================================================
OK, lots of people are weaker than Joseph Cruz. (True.)

Wyatt: 

Since you reside in the Philipines, I'll throw you another name, see if you know or have played this guy -
Mark Andrew Flores (usatt 2009-2124).

i believe drew flores was coached by joseph cruz for sometime  

Both Joseph and Mark beat me without any problems when they visited our club in USA.

From the video, you looked weaker than Mark as well.

-------------
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Posted By: 1NsAnE
Date Posted: 01/25/2012 at 5:15pm
You play good men, bet that soon I see you to ittv :D

-------------
http://pingpongc.com - Table Tennis Guide

http://pingpongc.com">

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com