Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Topic ClosedPushblocker vs. Cho Yoon Je (KOR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pushblocker vs. Cho Yoon Je (KOR)
    Posted: 12/02/2010 at 7:42am
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 8:12am
Awesome video Oliver! Thanks for sharing it, I will be studying it.

Edited by popperlocker - 12/02/2010 at 8:13am
Derf59 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 8:55am
Pushblocker, I think you should change your blade (Firewall+) to an other (TSP Toccata Def ou Dr Neubauer Bulldog). You make a lot of mistakes due to this combo.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:03am
that kid was not even trying!
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:16am
His game without forehand is very boring. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Derf59 Derf59 wrote:

Pushblocker, I think you should change your blade (Firewall+) to an other (TSP Toccata Def ou Dr Neubauer Bulldog). You make a lot of mistakes due to this combo.
I'm pretty happy with my combo.. I make mistakes as I try to push very hard and sometimes I miss the table. Against players of that level, I need to be aggressive with my pips or otherwise they'll kill me..

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
GSP-glamour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:44am
Hey !

Seems like that Korean player can play more effective ,but       shows no big wish to play . Impolite behavior however.

Wish you luck !Smile

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:47am
Originally posted by stereotip stereotip wrote:

So, only forehand dominated styles are acceptable??

I wonder what  your playing level is and if you would be able to beat that boring style that I'm playing..
90+% of the guys criticizing my style would probably make less than 5 points per game against me.. LOL

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/02/2010 at 9:48am

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:50am
oliver you are my hero, playing 100% regardless of cocky players who play 50%.
you are the true defintion of blue collar table tennis.

i played at a very late age, no coaching, but still surviving!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

oliver you are my hero, playing 100% regardless of cocky players who play 50%.
you are the true defintion of blue collar table tennis.

i played at a very late age, no coaching, but still surviving!
I never had any formal coaching.. I'm a self tought player and there are very few that have gotten above 2200 that way.. I'm proud of what I have accomplished.. I did play for a while but I never learned table tennis correctly. I developed my own style and it seems to be fairly effective!

stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

No offense, but you make points only becouse your backhand rubber is deceptive.. No skills in your game.  

Edited by stereotip - 12/02/2010 at 9:59am
LobbedYoud0wn View Drop Down

Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I wonder what  your playing level is and if you would be able to beat that boring style that I'm playing..
90+% of the guys criticizing my style would probably make less than 5 points per game against me.. LOL

This is true.

@people saying cho wasn't trying - no, he wasn't. Quite frankly, it wasn't necessary for him because of his level, and though it may seem rude, I'm sure he was only concerned about saving energy for the more intense matches. Also, some may find it rude to completely rip the person by going 100% when its not necessary.
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:58am

No offense, but you make points only becouse your backhand rubber is deceptive. No skills in your game.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 9:59am

No offense, but you make points only becouse your backhand rubber is deceptio. No skills in your game.

Only backhand rubber?

Stick a long pip rubber on a table alone and see how many points it wins Clap
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by LobbedYoud0wn LobbedYoud0wn wrote:

This is true.

@people saying cho wasn't trying - no, he wasn't. Quite frankly, it wasn't necessary for him because of his level, and though it may seem rude, I'm sure he was only concerned about saving energy for the more intense matches. Also, some may find it rude to completely rip the person by going 100% when its not necessary.

It's a boring match. Cho is not even trying and Pushblocker makes to much mistakes. What's the use of this video?

Edited by Skyline - 12/02/2010 at 10:04am
Gold Member
Gold Member

No offense, but you make points only becouse your backhand rubber is deceptive.. No skills in your game.  

Deceptive?? Long pips are just as predictable as regular rubbers. However, they react DIFFERENT than inverted. NO rubber is unpredictable. If you play the same stroke against the same spin, the result will ALWAYS be the same.. That goes for all rubbers..

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why the Korean made so many unforced errors, when balls didn't look so difficult, it looks like there were no lot of backspin, nor variation in the spin, better footwork and some more consistent topsins with  more rotation of the torso would do the work for the Korean. 
Sorry, I always cheer for more offensive player :D

Edited by Vladovich - 12/02/2010 at 10:04am
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:05am
Skyline, if you find it boring, don't watch, simple.

Are there supposed to be "a use" to every video? Maybe he felt like watching his match Shocked

Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Why the Korean made so many unforced errors, when balls didn't look so difficult, it looks like there were no lot of backspin, nor variation in the spin, better footwork and some more consistent topsins with  more rotation of the torso would do the work for the Korean. 

Because its more deceptive at the table than on video.

Edited by LobbedYoud0wn - 12/02/2010 at 10:07am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:07am

This is true.

I've taken players of that level to 5 games before. Had Geovanny Coello (2521 rated at the time) 2:0 in games and lost close, 11:8 in the fifth. Had Yosmely Vadillo (2009 Badger Open 4* Tournament winner and mid to upper 2400's rated) 2:1 this year and lost 11:8 in the fifth against him. I have beaten a 2500 player in training and other 2400 players before.  Because of my style, players tend to underestimate me but most players are fooled by the way my style looks.. The kid played it fairly safe as it was difficult for him to play a power game against my style.. My style is FEEDING off my opponents power. The more power I get, the more effective my game. Playing it slower and controlled is THE strategy against my style.. Wild attacks would have lost him the match.
Those 2400 - 2500 players who beat me were losing when power looping.. They ended up beating me because they slowed down their game..

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/02/2010 at 10:09am

stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:08am
I'm not from English language are, so maybe my post is lost in translation.  I want to say that his game is very simple and points  that he wins is only based on deception  of his rubber.  
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:08am

Are there supposed to be "a point" to every video? Maybe he felt like watching his match Shocked

I actually expected a serious match. Not some cocky top player fooling around with pushblocker.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Are there supposed to be "a point" to every video? Maybe he felt like watching his match Shocked

I actually expected a serious match. Not some cocky top player fooling around with pushblocker.

Good point stereo, we offensive players only win points because of the speed and spin of ours Clap

Again Skyline, the guy wasn't cocky, he just didn't go 100% because he had to save energy for other matches and didn't need to. I don't see him doing anything else that seems unsportsmanlike.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:18am
Looks like that my video is bringing out the pips hater in masses.. I'm certain that I'll very likely beat 97+% of the members on this forum without even trying hard.. Those who have played me are aware of that.. Things LOOK different in videos than they are in real life. I'm not fighting to win the debate here, I'm fighting to win real life matches at tournaments and obviousely, I'm doing a pretty good job on that!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:23am

Looks like that my video is bringing out the pips hater in masses.. I'm certain that I'll very likely beat 97+% of the members on this forum without even trying hard.. Those who have played me are aware of that.. Things LOOK different in videos than they are in real life. I'm not fighting to win the debate here, I'm fighting to win real life matches at tournaments and obviousely, I'm doing a pretty good job on that!

I'm not a hater LOL

Matter fact I kind of like this...people like stereotip who say you only win because of your deception and then has no response to me saying that offensive players only win because of their rubbers' spins and speeds. People can suck with long pips, I don't see why people see it as an unfair advantage instead of just another type of weapon.

But its the same clueless people who obsess about "throw angles", every .1 degree of sponge hardness, and other unimportant stuff that don't realize that the return seems alot easier to make when you're behind the keyboard instead of behind the table.
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:25am
Yes, there is nothing more annoying for me than hitting of the table or into the net against something that looks to me as easy ball to kill. And when I get frustrated, I am just playing worse, and loose the game at the end Angry.
Tibhar Defense Plus

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:25am

I'm not a hater LOL

Matter fact I kind of like this...people like stereotip who say you only win because of your deception and then has no response to me saying that offensive players only win because of their rubbers' spins and speeds. People can suck with long pips, I don't see why people see it as an unfair advantage instead of just another type of weapon.

But its the same clueless people who obsess about "throw angles", every .1 degree of sponge hardness, and other unimportant stuff that don't realize that the return seems alot easier to make when you're behind the keyboard instead of behind the table.

I wasn't refering to you!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:28am

Yes, there is nothing more annoying for me than hitting of the table or into the net against something that looks to me as easy ball to kill. And when I get frustrated, I am just playing worse, and loose the game at the end Angry.

Looks like you need to broaden your skills.

I know pushblocker, just rantin'

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:30am

Looks like you need to broaden your skills.

Yes, I am working on it Geek.
Tibhar Defense Plus

hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:49am
It was interesting watching the different reactions from each of you during the match.  
He was quite reserved and cocky.
You on the other hand did a fist pump and/or a yell after every point you won.
You treated it like a championship match and he treated it like any other match.

All that being said, you play a very solid, albeit unorthodox, game and it works quite well against a ton of players.  It would work against me as I'm not consistent enough.

I think if you worked in an occasional forehand you would do even better against players of this caliber.  As you said the way these guys beat you is by slowing down the game.  Your opponent didn't seem worried about leaving a ball too high because you showed that you would continue to push instead of trying to finish the point.   If you could reliably forehand smash one of those high balls, they would have to work a little harder to keep the ball down thus making it a little more likely that they'll make a mistake.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 10:55am
It might look like Cho was not trying, but I think he was playing a perfect game.  It may not show on the video, but in reality it is very hard to play against player like Pushblocker, to win you must consistently keeps the pressure on, and that is hard.  The moment you smelled blood, and went for a kill, it might be your own blood that you smelled Smile.  Notice that Pushblocker can block the ball back at almost the same constant speed, regardless of how fast or slow it was thrown at him, this break up the tempo of the attacker, and is very hard to deal with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic