Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More videos of me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More videos of me!
    Posted: 03/30/2011 at 1:37pm
here's how you can work on footwork

www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Sponsored Links

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 1:28pm
easiest way to get faster swing and recovery.....RELAX! you look tense buddy =)
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 1:09pm
I got wrist pain when I first started fliping the ball with the reverse side close to the table. My bat is quite heavy so I've been testing around with different runners on my backhand. I've got shoulder pain from my work . I use my right arm a lot and I do the same motion over and over again.
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Blade: Galaxy T4
FH: Globe 999
BH: Butterfly Cermet I'm not re-gluing anymore
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 12:46pm
That doesnt sound good (the shoulder and wrist pain). How old are you? you look young and in good condition. Sounds strange for u to be in pain.
I think i would agree with your coach. Your footwork isnt bad. But u could shorten ur swing, would help with recovery.
Im not sure you need to always rely on your FH though. RPB has potential of very high spin which could quite easily pin down your opponents.
Also try not to hit then drop back. You do it almost every shot. Get further and further back, easier to make mistakes that way.
Was one of my problems i am trying to fix now.

Looks good though. As I said you got good 5th ball attacks, helps big time in game situation

Edited by Ndragon88 - 03/30/2011 at 12:46pm
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 12:40pm
around my level I'm able to make a lot of points from my forehand loop. but I normally open up the attack with a backhand loop and then I use my forehand. if the ball is high enough or it seems easy to deal with it I would step around and loop kill it. lately I started to suffer shoulder and wrist pain due to my forehand and backhand flip lolLOL
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 12:32pm
yes that is one of the main problems that I'm trying to correct . when I finish my loop it takes me a while to get back to the ready position so I miss the next shot. my coach is trying to make my motion smaller and faster and also he wants me to improve my footwork. he says that as a penholder my forehand needs to be more powerfull , otherwise I'll be dead meat lol LOL
I'm going up 1986 NooB
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:45am
Nice videos. You look very confident. Although its just training/practicing it looks like you are quite consistent at your 5th ball attacks. I noticed though u often miss when they block it back though.
How do u do in real games with those?
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 9:45am
you tend to pause between shots and right before you hit the ball...this will slow you down later on in the future. unless you are just trying to focus on getting the shot right. if that's the case, then tell your feeder friend to slow it down =)
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2011 at 6:41am
hey..you're good nice topspins.keep it up!how did you know ikaros? lol haha
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Ikaros21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikaros21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 11:47pm

rate me please!

thanks for watching!

Edited by Ikaros21 - 03/30/2011 at 12:23pm
I'm going up 1986 NooB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic