Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video of me (Asaomi)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:42pm
I think you got the essential ingredients:

To get even more power and use less energy, understand that the forehand loop against TOPSPIN and BACKSPIN are slightly differents. Against TOPSPIN, your bat should start ABOVE the ball, you are dropping your bat as if to loop underspin.

Against underspin, your bat starts under the ball which is ok, but you are not using your legs for the extra power. Try to make the right foot spring forward a little on "sudden impact" with the ball. This will force your stroke more forward and use your leg power at the same time.

Remember also that the full stroke is forward and then back to ready position. So practice going forward, then back... forward, then back...

heheh hope this helps! keeps it up!

Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:51pm
opps  double post due to wierd disturbance in the force Luke..........and no,.....im not your father!   LOL
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2008 at 12:52pm
Your game looks pretty good.  Thanks for posting your vids, always nice to check other other members playing.

Nice looking club!   Dig the greenery!  hehehe

What type of floor material is it?

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:51am
Originally posted by James JH James JH wrote:

I might be wrong because it's hard to see from the camera angle but you seem to stand kinda far away from the table when receiveing serve, and when your opponent serves you jump in which is working fine for you against an opponent you is serving short but if someone notices that or if your playing someone who likes to give the odd long fast serve you might get caught.Good stuff ;)

I know :/ i'am a little too used to do that. its just that ive played the players in my club so many times it becomes automatic, but i totally understand what you mean.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:52am
Originally posted by chow3 chow3 wrote:

Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

Finally took the time and got a camera and recorded some shots at the 1st of Nov.

Footwork: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP'
1 set match training: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2

i am the chinese boy wearing the black/grey T-shirt.

Please coach and comment!

It's my first post, so excuse me for my poor englishEmbarrassedI'm interested on the footwork part: you must be on the toes and not with the heels, it can increase a lot your time reaction , be able to have a good replacement and not to be surprised by the opponent shot.For the test match training, I can not see the acceleration for the top spin forehand, you must have the acceleration Ball/raquette. With that you can varie your first attack with the spin and the ball placement.I hope that i help you a little.Wink

It seems that many people here thinks so, and so does my coach. I think its mainly that I recover a little too slow?
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

Start practicing of the balls of your feet, try not to hit of your heels if you're attacking. Playing of the balls of your feet get you ready to move in or out while playing of your heels only moves you back.Your stroke is pretty good, do wrist curls, squats and/or bunny hops (forwards and backwards) around a room and stretch those muscles before and after.

thanks, but is it only when im attacking? i do the best i can, but i keep forgetting. Dx
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:55am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Can't watch it, why don't you post it at youtube?

didn't bother editing the clips, they are a little too long. and the quality is a little better, but i can try next time. might go to the club tonight.
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:58am
Originally posted by ryu seungminfan ryu seungminfan wrote:

hmm you seem like you're not using much of your legs to generate power. and also you're stationary(your legs) all the time. Even if the ball remains at the same position you should try to hop a bit, get into the momentum. legs are very important in generating power. and also try to launch your body forward abit more. Just my humble opinion, i'm not that great myself

YEAH! i also noticed that when i watched myself. I came home and i was like, ewww! and then i tried a few "loops" in front of the mirror using my legs more. my coaches also says that the power is generated from the leg, hips and your back. the arm is just holding the rackert and used as a whip. this is also what i keep trying to tell the newbies, but looks like i need to work on it myself too :)
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

I think you got the essential ingredients:To get even more power and use less energy, understand that the forehand loop against TOPSPIN and BACKSPIN are slightly differents. Against TOPSPIN, your bat should start ABOVE the ball, you are dropping your bat as if to loop underspin.Against underspin, your bat starts under the ball which is ok, but you are not using your legs for the extra power. Try to make the right foot spring forward a little on "sudden impact" with the ball. This will force your stroke more forward and use your leg power at the same time.Remember also that the full stroke is forward and then back to ready position. So practice going forward, then back... forward, then back...heheh hope this helps! keeps it up!1.

My problem is that when Im looping topspin it becomes more like a smash than a loop. and also when im doing the footwork excercises I try to keep the ball on the table, even though it might not look like that xD.
Butterfly Viscaria
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Your game looks pretty good.� Thanks for posting your vids, always nice to check other other members playing.

Nice looking club!�� Dig the greenery!� hehehe

What type of floor material is it?

I dont like it too good. the colours are good, i agree :D, but the ceiling is too low :/. the floor material is artificial turf from an indoor football field.
Butterfly Viscaria
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 11:00am
your serves are illegal.
Potato Face
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by silvalis silvalis wrote:

your serves are illegal.

WHAT?! D: How?
Butterfly Viscaria
James JH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James JH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by James JH James JH wrote:

I might be wrong because it's hard to see from the camera angle but you seem to stand kinda far away from the table when receiveing serve, and when your opponent serves you jump in which is working fine for you against an opponent you is serving short but if someone notices that or if your playing someone who likes to give the odd long fast serve you might get caught.Good stuff ;)

I know :/ i'am a little too used to do that. its just that ive played the players in my club so many times it becomes automatic, but i totally understand what you mean.

Haha ya I know what you mean, Some of the players I play at training now because I have played them for so long I know exactly what there going to do and they know what I'm going to doTongue
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:26pm

Hi, Im 16 years old (born 1992) and have been training table tennis for about 3 years now. Up to a couple of weeks ago, i though my strokes looked fine. that was untill i recorded myself and watched it. Here are some videos of me playing against a robot, more videos of me training with a training buddy will be up later.

Loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591175j8rcr3xd
Backhand loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591212ZhjtQKsD
Loop against backspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591039Jf8rEWBH
Footwork backhand middle topspin 16th aug 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v155912398KaKPWFh
Footwork 1st Nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP'
1 set match training 1st nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2

The reasons for the unsceaduled breaks are because I try to strike the ball as hard a possible, and therefore I get tired after a short while.

I plan on keeping this as a history of my table tennis development with dates and updates hopefully not too rarely.

Enjoy the videos and watch my skills (hopefully) develop over time. also, please comment and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Cheers all!

Hey, for now I only had time to watch the first video there.  And the only thing I see wrong with your stroke is you need a little work on footwork.  It's kidn of like your feet are completely stationary, like a statue.  Along with the twisting type stroke of a loop you need to be also moving your feet a little.  Watch a youtube video of a pro or seomthing and watch his feet.   Other than that it's look good.
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

Hi, Im 16 years old (born 1992) and have been training table tennis for about 3 years now. Up to a couple of weeks ago, i though my strokes looked fine. that was untill i recorded myself and watched it. Here are some videos of me playing against a robot, more videos of me training with a training buddy will be up later. Loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591175j8rcr3xd Backhand loopdrive against topspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591212ZhjtQKsD Loop against backspin 16th aug. 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15591039Jf8rEWBH Footwork backhand middle topspin 16th aug 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v155912398KaKPWFh Footwork 1st Nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v164554396MwCcGcP' 1 set match training 1st nov 2008: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16455848jxtskpE2 The reasons for the unsceaduled breaks are because I try to strike the ball as hard a possible, and therefore I get tired after a short while. I plan on keeping this as a history of my table tennis development with dates and updates hopefully not too rarely. Enjoy the videos and watch my skills (hopefully) develop over time. also, please comment and tell me what I am doing wrong. Cheers all!

Hey, for now I only had time to watch the first video there.� And the only thing I see wrong with your stroke is you need a little work on footwork.� It's kidn of like your feet are completely stationary, like a statue.� Along with the twisting type stroke of a loop you need to be also moving your feet a little.� Watch a youtube video of a pro or seomthing and watch his feet.�� Other than that it's look good.

you're absolutely right, sir. I was training even today, and my coach said that my footwork indeed needed alot to work on. generally the moving pattern, like where the ball lands and how to react and be able to play a stork the right way according to the ball. Cuz when the ball lands somewhere i dont expect it, im kinda lost.
Butterfly Viscaria
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 6:09pm
on forehand loops, seems like you are extending too far after the hit
on backhand, seems like you are bouncing a bit too much, stay relaxed and just hit, don;t bounce between hits.
maybe you are hitting the ball kinda too hard to compensate, just relax and not too much shoulder
return push against robot: you look like a robot, you knew exactly how much you would have to push, i wouldnt do that because it is not representative of an actual opponent.
that's what i saw, i might be wrong cause i am not a coach.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

return push against robot: you look like a robot, you knew exactly how much you would have to push, i wouldnt do that because it is not representative of an actual opponent.that's what i saw, i might be wrong cause i am not a coach.

The times i pushed with the robot were because i got tired and stopped to rest for a tiny while. you know, muscles made of meat, not steel.
Butterfly Viscaria
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic