FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who uses Dr Neubauer/Hallmark?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who uses Dr Neubauer/Hallmark?
    Posted: 07/05/2005 at 8:38pm

Does anyone use  Dr Neubauer (or Hallmark) pimple out rubbers? They seem amazing for control and spin reversal, but the price is so high, and they don't seem to last that long...

Anyone uses them and think it's worth while? If so any suggestions which one I should try? They have so many different ones now...

Thanks!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

yulske View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yulske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2005 at 8:46pm

i havent played with them but i have played against them and they are a bit funny and not like normal long pips, most of them have much more spin reversal

they dont last long and are over priced, better to play with more skill with a regular long pimple than use one of these pips to win the point cheaply.

clipper
magna
hammond
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2005 at 12:32am
I've been told by long-pip players that Dr. Neubauer are the best because of great spin reversal. The downsides are the short life and, of course, high price. I've been told Feint-OX is very good and it's significantly less expensive, too.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2005 at 6:52am
I play with Hallmark Super Special. Excellent spin reversal for most strokes. Very effective for close to the table play and pushing against backspin produces strong wobbling balls. I'm using it for chops away from the table since the good spin reversal but also sometimes for blocks. The pimples could have longer durability but it's still worth it's price in my opinion.
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 2.1
BH: Butterfly Feint Long II 1.1
peterbald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2005 at 7:59am

Lately I switched to DHS Cloud and Fog III  (1.0 mm),

It's almost the same spin reversal and very effective for close to the table play.

But as opposed to Neubauer/Hallmark DHS is cheap.

BTF MTS pro special
Yasaka Phantom 012 OX
Andro Hexer 1.9mm

ozzietimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozzietimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2005 at 3:48pm
Peterbald,

I have a sheet of cloud and fog II on a blade at the moment   do you think III is better if so why?

I am new to the dark side of long pips and would be interested in your thoughts and how you use it?

Do you stand up and block/attack or do you chop and defend?
ozzietimo
Left Hander
Donic Dotec
FH Donic F1
BH Donic F1
Truffel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truffel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2005 at 3:52pm

I don't use this pimples but today I had a match against a player who plays Dr Neubauer. When he returned my topspins with his pimples I had real problems.

But finally I won 3:2

CT
TTPLAYER View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPLAYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2006 at 6:28pm

Dr. Herbert Neubauer, who of course uses his own products, is listed as an entry in this summer's U.S. Open.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 12:02pm
I don't think you'll be able to find superspecial much longer, and I think you'll find the newer generation of dr neubauer pips are a lot less special without the epoxy on the tips.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
TTPLAYER View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPLAYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 6:55pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I don't think you'll be able to find superspecial much longer, and I think you'll find the newer generation of dr neubauer pips are a lot less special without the epoxy on the tips.

It might be quite a while before the ITTF actually implements the minimum friction restriction on pips out rubber.  The second point you make will likely be the case, although it wouldn't be surprising if some long pips players actually modified their rubber themselves (as described at http://www.zeropong.com/treatedlongpips.htm).

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by TTPLAYER TTPLAYER wrote:

It might be quite a while before the ITTF actually implements the minimum friction restriction on pips out rubber.  The second point you make will likely be the case, although it wouldn't be surprising if some long pips players actually modified their rubber themselves (as described at http://www.zeropong.com/treatedlongpips.htm).

I don't think there will ever be a restriction on minimum friction of the pimples. As long as the whole pimples are made from the same material, there should not be any unfair advantage.

Modifying your rubber would obviously be illegal and cheating. But you can really modify any rubber, and make it's characteristics significantly different from what it's meant to be. You could have 2 srivers on your bat, one made sticky with spinmax, one normal. This will probably win you  few cheap points... but it's still illegal.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
TTPLAYER View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPLAYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I don't think there will ever be a restriction on minimum friction of the pimples. As long as the whole pimples are made from the same material, there should not be any unfair advantage.

The minimum friction level for pips out rubber is in the background for Resolution A that just passed when voted on in Bremen so apparently the ITTF does plan to implement it.

Modifying your rubber would obviously be illegal and cheating. But you can really modify any rubber, and make it's characteristics significantly different from what it's meant to be. You could have 2 srivers on your bat, one made sticky with spinmax, one normal. This will probably win you  few cheap points... but it's still illegal.

Sure.  A player can also have the same inverted rubber on both sides, but one side could be turned into anti by leaving it out in the sun.  Of course that was more effective before the two-color rule.  In any case, my point was that frictionless long pips will still be possible even when treated pips are no longer ITTF approved.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 8:50pm
In theory yeah, but it doesn't seem to work out the same.  I've even heard of scorching the tips and melting them slick, but I guess its not as good as epoxy.

GrumpyJoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 10:24pm
Been useing Super block for over a year now and still works great.  Missing a few pips around the edge but that just makes it look old. I have tried other long pips but I think the Dr. is the best for close to the table blocking.
Dr. Neubauer:
Blade: Special 4th generation
F/H: Juic 999 Def 1.0
B/H: Super Block OX
Current USATT rating 1932
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2006 at 11:52pm
And I believe it's one of the epoxy tip ones.  You can tell if it is...it's pretty visible.

YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2006 at 9:10am

It might be quite a while before the ITTF actually implements the minimum friction restriction on pips out rubber. The second point you make will likely be the case, although it wouldn't be surprising if some long pips players actually modified their rubber themselves (as described at http://www.zeropong.com/treatedlongpips.htm).

I don't think there will ever be a restriction on minimum friction of the pimples. As long as the whole pimples are made from the same material, there should not be any unfair advantage.

The minimum friction level for pips out rubber is in the background for Resolution A that just passed when voted on in Bremen so apparently the ITTF does plan to implement it.

Modifying your rubber would obviously be illegal and cheating. But you can really modify any rubber, and make it's characteristics significantly different from what it's meant to be. You could have 2 srivers on your bat, one made sticky with spinmax, one normal. This will probably win you few cheap points... but it's still illegal.

Sure. A player can also have the same inverted rubber on both sides, but one side could be turned into anti by leaving it out in the sun. Of course that was more effective before the two-color rule. In any case, my point was that frictionless long pips will still be possible even when treated pips are no longer ITTF approved.

This is correct. Strong forces in the ITTF are more than willing to get rid of the frictionless LP. The only problem they had so far was to determine objectively what is frictionless and what isn't. This problem is now solved and the rest is just a matter of formality. Frictionless LP will be banned for sure within the next couple of years.

@ cole_ely
There is no epoxy on the tips as you suspect because this would be illegal tampering with material if it's applied *after* the production of the rubber itself. This is why the legendary Palio blue edition was banned. Neubauer has found a way to implement the frictionlessness *within* the production process. This is why his material is still legal.
casanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 6:51pm

So is or will the Dr. Neubauer long pimples banned ?

if so, where can i get some more information about it so i can tell my body at the club that his Dr. Neubauer will or is banned ? 

Blade: OC CR Stiga
FH: Hurricae 3,2
BH: Bryce

Blade : Energy Wood
FH : Hurricane III,II
BH : Bryce
Shoebox9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoebox9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:01am

There are no dates yet, but the ban is comming.  Unlike speed glue, this one doesn't sound like it will take years to be applied.

http://www.ittf.com/stories/Forum_detail.asp

Optimum Sync
Tango 2.0
Magna 2.0
Energy Glue
Gerald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 10:28am
crizKyr729 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crizKyr729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 12:11pm
personally i'm not a big fan og frictionless lp's, especially the dr. neubauer & hallmark, i used to but not any more, i used to use joola fakir & donic alligator soft (which was also somewhat frictionless lp's) for me the feint series are stil the best, blocking, cuts...
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 1:34pm
For the ordinary league player we need a tool to test the friction level of rubbers? Have the ittf come up with something cheap and easy to use. Otherwise the bad guys are going to be into diy in a big way.
whats the news on this aspect?
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2006 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Just tried http://www.zeropong.com/treatedlongpips.htm) on my 755.

I don't think I should do this but I did!!! I'll let you know the result.

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic