Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Pro Tour Korea Open video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

gauzy just doesn't have the power ...

I would say its more psychological issue than power issue.

Sponsored Links

GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 2:11pm
Dimitrij Ovtcharov Jung Young Sick
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 2:27pm
I dont know if its the power or tech but I've watched him alive and his shot were a bit weak compared to german and czech no:1 youngsters...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

gauzy just doesn't have the power ...

I would say its more psychological issue than power issue.

simon was playing quite safe loops, and not using power. 
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 11:19pm
Wang YueGu had another fight with the umpires! Always having trouble with her services.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

It seems all the chinese boys try to shout and scream really threateningly. Seems they're overcompensating for something ;)

it's extremely funny that nobody tells him anything, he's just a 15 year old kid!!!
besides, he shouts all the time, not just when doing points, he shouts before he serves, before baum serves...
it would be cool if in the military regime of the chinese national team they added a new subject called "courtesy" where they teach them how to behave, etc. since those guys are representing the whole country to the world now.

Edited by sa01 - 07/02/2011 at 12:15am
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:19am
let them shout all they want. if its going to let them win, leave it alone. besides i dont think its illegal to shout...
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:22am
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

It seems all the chinese boys try to shout and scream really threateningly. Seems they're overcompensating for something ;)

it's extremely funny that nobody tells him anything, he's just a 15 year old kid!!!
besides, he shouts all the time, not just when doing points, he shouts before he serves, before baum serves...
it would be cool if in the military regime of the chinese national team they added a new subject called "courtesy" where they teach them how to behave, etc. since those guys are representing the whole country to the world now.

Hey speak for yourself, I think the shouting's great!  Gotta love the kids who are so into the game Clap  Personally, I think these kids are taught to shout, probably something about releasing the chi they're storing in their core or something LOL
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Hey speak for yourself, I think the shouting's great!  Gotta love the kids who are so into the game Clap  Personally, I think these kids are taught to shout, probably something about releasing the chi they're storing in their core or something LOL

I always speak for myself, who else could I ever speak for? LOL
it's cool that he releases his chi, but he should go release his chi in the middle of the mountain where he doesn't bother other people, not in the middle of a match where he is facing a guy who just maybe, might be a little uncomfortable with a guy shouting at him 2 meters away 20 times every minute.
he's not just putting baum down with that, he's putting down every person looking at that match. we don't want to see who can shout louder or put the opponent more uncomfortable, we want to see who can play better given ideal conditions for both of them.

Edited by sa01 - 07/02/2011 at 2:03am
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 1:23am

I always speak for myself, who else could I speak for? LOL
hope he never plays against me otherwise I will be releasing my fist to his face...
"sorry, nothing personal, just releasing my chi, I've been taught to hit other people".
there is something that comes before self expression, respect for the other.
I guess liu goliang never taught him that Wink

Except your way of releasing your "chi" is considered Assault and Battery in America, and you go to prison.  Wink LOL
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 4:12am
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Yang Zi
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 8:13am
Joel Roberts, an U21 dude here in Korea, entered the Korea Open (and got In! Joel Fighting!) He was overmatched by a few levels, (He plays National div 2 level)  but represented himself, our USA ettiquitte, and the foreign contingent here in Korea very very well. He game an ammount of troble to that opponent. He had no business getting 5 points per match (He would normally get a 3-4 point handicap vs that level of opponent) Kudos Joel, you fought and did not blow any fuses. Here is da vid vs a Taiwan pro player. Joel showed great control of emotions during the match and did zero to bring discredit to our country. In a vid, I would do 100x worse.

If you cannot view it, go to ITTF ITTV and look for Korea Open mens Qualification group Joel Roberts vs a Dude from Taipei.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 8:17am
Joel scored way more points that his level would have permitted vs this opponent. I talked to him after I saw the vid. Joel said he was some nervous, but wouldn't any of us be that way in such a big event and venue, especially given his age. I told Joel he represented absolutely nice and made all us USA and foreign crowd here in Korea proud. I hope to visit him is in a few weeks and encourage him/get defeated by him at Seoul TT Gym club in a few weeks.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 8:46am
Lin Gao Yuan beat Oh Sang Eun.. wow.. that one was quite unexpected..
He is in the semifinal now vs Lee Sang Su.. Would be quite a surprise if he can win this tournament.. scary surprise..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

He is in the semifinal now vs Lee Sang Su.. Would be quite a surprise if he can win this tournament.. scary surprise..

16 years old. if this kid is playing with a tbs, i think ma long playing a tb alc is the right upgrade.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:08am
Lin Gaoyuan is having quite a tournament, at least in the main draw. He had a couple of surprisingly bad games at least scores-wise in the doubles and U21 tournament, so I didnt think he'd do so well in the main draw.

Lee Sang Su over RSM is a bit of a surprise too, he must really love playing penholders, first Xu Xin, now RSM too! Should be a very exciting match between Lin and Lee, two young rising stars. Lin plays like Ma Long, who destroyed Lee in the China Open, but Lee's got a BH like Jung, who handled Lin in the U21 tournament, what an interesting match up!
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:18am

Lin Gaoyuan is having quite a tournament, at least in the main draw. He had a couple of surprisingly bad games at least scores-wise in the doubles and U21 tournament, so I didnt think he'd do so well in the main draw.

Lee Sang Su over RSM is a bit of a surprise too, he must really love playing penholders, first Xu Xin, now RSM too! Should be a very exciting match between Lin and Lee, two young rising stars. Lin plays like Ma Long, who destroyed Lee in the China Open, but Lee's got a BH like Jung, who handled Lin in the U21 tournament, what an interesting match up!

Lee does well vs PH b/c he's such a bh oriented player. He's got a legit top 10 backhand in the world right now. He looks like he's following the same curve as dimi, but his quickness can take him further.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:33am
I stumble upon a teaser of what the match might become..
Lee Sang Su vs Lin Gaoyuan, Polish Open 2011..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbCnph1nYWk
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:34am
i think ovctharov is the favorite to win the tournament. Pretty solid lately.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:38am

Oh sang eun is such a great player.... I fear he is just getting a little old.
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:05pm
Ryu Seung Min vs Lee Sang Su
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:08pm
Thanks for the upload Geca.. Thumbs Up

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:43pm

Thanks for the upload Geca.. Thumbs Up

No problem mate,thanks for watching:) 
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 12:46pm
Great job Dan :)

I have Dima and Jo currently uploading on Youtube just to let ya know... I wont be uploading to many mate :)
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 2:12pm
Lee Sang Su not only has the strong BH against ryu, but doesn't let ryu get into a rhythm on the BH side like a lot of people do. They overplay Ryu's backhand, but LeeSang Su trains with ryu, and knows exactly when it's safe to go for the FH side.
l00p View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 8:38pm
Quarterfinal highlights by ttprovider

Korean Open 2011: Dimitrij Ovtcharov-Joo Se Hyuk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbuVx2CxaU

Korean Open 2011: Lin Gaoyuan-Oh Sang Eun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsh9--VNK0E
lifewire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifewire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 11:01pm
I'm so excited for Lin Gaoyuan.

In the Chinese open, Korea sent lee sang su and another junior player to defeat Xu Xin and Zhang Jike.

Now it's China's turn to send their two youngsters to try and take the competition. I think the most exciting match should be between the two youngsters to see which country has more talented youth.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 1:25am
 As expected, no problems for Lee Sang Su. Unfortunately, Cho Eon Rae lost to Ovtcharov. Had he won, it would have been a lovely all-Korean final. 
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
lifewire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifewire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 3:08am
Lee Sang Su is extremely talented. I'd really like to see how he goes against Ma Long and whether he is able to take another match from Xu Xin.

However, I'm glad Ovtcharov won. As much as I hate watching the usual China v China final, I don't think a Korea v Korea final would be any more exciting.

Edited by lifewire - 07/03/2011 at 6:35am
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 5:58am
Ovtcharov has beaten Lee Sang Su 4:1, and won the final. IMHO, if he continues to play well, he might even break into the top 10 by end of this year.

BTW, has Ovtcharov got a new coach? Does anyone know who he is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic