tabletennis11.com

Kreanga Carbon Legal Modification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 12:33pm
I need to correct jcdi . . .
I transformed an ILLEGAL blade into a LEGAL blade . . . and I had fun. LOL. :-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 1:59pm
@ least u had fun n the gonrads to transform it into someth'n decent. Too bad the neck part was kinda over-sanded?
Tell ppl how it plays in due course.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 4:47pm
I must say that the new "improved" look makes it look alot better. Nice work Tommy.

Not sure about the legality of the blade, I couldn't spot any place were you went to deep on the blade. Looking forward to hear how it performs compared to how it used to perform.

About the attack on PPRob, I believe this was a comment made to illustrate how the poster felt about Robs comment towards Tommy. I agree that it "sounded" harsh, but please try to remember that not every one who posts here have English as their first language, so some of our posts might come out wrong. No need to complain about his shop, I haven't heard of any customer being dissatisfied with the service yet.
The holy grail
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I need to correct jcdi . . .
I transformed an ILLEGAL blade into a LEGAL blade . . . and I had fun. LOL. :-).

I wasn't seeing things from that angle but now that you point it out : Clap

I hope you gonna keep this one... Won't you ?

Or maybe at November extravaganza sell...Wink

ps : I suggest you to add 2 points to TT vs GF due to the great care and time you spent onto your KC LOL.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:21pm
I must be getting soft letting members go off on me and not attacking back! :-). I'm hoping it's an English as a second language thing. Anyway, I do appreciate the props I got for trying to transform something useless into something useful. I learned a lot. It was an expensive experiment, but I think in the end I will have created something interesting. I will let you all know how it plays by next week. I need to over-seal the carbon exposed area to protect it and level out the playing surface.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Not sure about the legality of the blade, I couldn't spot any place were you went to deep on the blade. Looking forward to hear how it performs compared to how it used to perform.

the dark blue in RH bottom corner near the neck of the blade is carbon......top ply all gone
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I haven't heard of any customer being dissatisfied with the service yet.

My comments Towards Tommy wern't Harsh Speedplay. I was just stating a point, Again Sorry Tommy if it sounded that way.

You wont find a customer dissatisfied with my service, because I will do what ever it take to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied.

If I could repair Tommys bat with my skillfull wood working skills, believe me I would. Wink
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 9:27pm
Speedplay, thanks for sticking up for me!! I'm so glad we're cool and teamed up against injustice. As far as my bat . . . it's great. Even with a worn spot in the corner it's better than an illegal blade that would be tossed in a drawer somewhere. I appreciate the repair offers, but no need. This bat is a salvage job anyway. I would never buy one again no matter how it plays. I used to be into the techie coated stuff, but now I'm going old school wood. I might finish this baby up with some creative sealing to protect the oversanded area, then glue on an H3 and see what happens. Chances are I will give it as a present to one of my disabled clients, who lives on $20 spending money per month. He will be thrilled to have a bat that sold for $200 with or without my modification. Stillllll, it will be cool to see what my handywork amounted to. I will take pics soon and report my findings.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 12:00am
Tommyzai is making experiment with his expensive blade, and we will get good informations when he has finished it and use the blade. I think we should be thankful for that, at least I am Clap
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 12:04am
Hey, I might be willing to mail my blade to one of you, then that player could mail it to someone, and so on, and so on. It might be fun to pass it around. :-). What do you think?
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 12:11am
To be very honest wif u all, I'dn't even dare/dream of/have the gut to sand any of my blades..esp. those godly or heavenly jpens. BUT on the other hand a blade like Kreanga Carbon just begs for ur itchy hands to do someth'm abt the "Faked" or "High-teched" paint job.
We all know now how Tz is, just a can't sit or stand still kinda t/t fanatic, just wanna "Do Someth'n" or "Do anyth'n"!
Just on aside, if u guys want a perfect Blade-neck-sanding job, TommyZai really does a fine job so is RYNO...I'dn't hesitate to send my blades to them.
Talk abt sending blade around US, I did send once my TBS to Wisconsin, but it was sent back due to wrong address n I resent again for a t/t forum friend and he sent it back after test n the blade was still just fine. Just amazing journey my TBS had taken.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 1:33am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Hey, I might be willing to mail my blade to one of you, then that player could mail it to someone, and so on, and so on. It might be fun to pass it around. :-). What do you think?

This is just a great idea. We could call the thread : The extraordinary journey of the modified KC. Where we could tell the story of the blade. We each keep it 1 week or two and we dress it with diff rubbers and we take pictures that we report here. We would report against who it has played and how it behaved. This game would just cost us the postage and at the end, tommyzai, we would send it back to you after 2 or 3 round the world. The legendary modified KC will then become priceless...What do you think ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 1:41am
Let's do it!! I will need until Sunday to finish, then I can mail on Monday. Who's first? I'm in California for what it's worth. This will be fun. Hey, I don't want you guys to worry to much if it gets a little wear here and there. I've destroyed the value of this thing anyway. If along the way one of you loves it and wants it back we can work something out after the rounds are complete. Deal?

It's going to arrive with uneven sanding (a little carbon exposure in the lower corner), but smoothed out with Varathane. We'll not only get to see and feel what a KC is like stripped down, but we'll also experience what it's like heavily sealed/lacquered. I have no idea how this thing will feel, but it's going to be light and fast! I think the BH side looks less grinded away, so you might consider using that as the FH side.

Even if this thing is hated all around the world I think it will be worth the postage for the novelty of it all.

Let's do it!

Maybe we should each initial it with a perm marker too. We might be starting a really cool trend in forum fellowship.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 2:17am
Hi Tommy,
     You have my address. I'll put that valuable signature "HOOKSHOT" on it for starters.
     You should get hold of Danny Seemiller also. He HeLOL
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 2:33am
We should nominate maybe 2 people of each country to test out the new blade
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 3:13am
I hope the blade will eventually return to Tz in good shape. I really really hope so...
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 3:18am

since i have KC myself, i would love to try sanded version of KC and see how it feels and plays different.. :)

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:48am
Great ! I'm in. I open the topic where all interested can register.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 11:53am

One word of advice is that u guys should get it insured just in case some unforesee-able th'n might happen to it...

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 12:27pm
Anyone is San Francisco? I'm going up there this weekend and can hand it off. If not, I'll start with HOOKSHOT and he can pass it on from there. I'll try to have it ready for hand delivery by Friday or mailing Monday. I await . . .

This will be fun. I'll sign it first.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 8:56pm
so.... i will be the second in united states..? :)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:16pm
If no San Francisco members come forward by tomorrow I will mail to Hookshot, then who's next? Is it The NAM? Either way, I hope everyone gets it to try. If it's good or bad doesn't matter as much as the fun we'll have. :-).
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:38pm
yup yup i'm the second.. :D
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:52pm
Hookshot, it looks like it you, then The NAM. We'll go from there when we get there. I'll mail it out by Monday morning.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:35pm
after me,
i will let pass on the jinhocha,
he lives around my area and he also uses KC...

after that.... who is next..?  
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:48pm
I think this will work. Whoever has it, choose who's next and pass it on. At some point we need to go overseas. That's where the real fun begins. The journey begins Monday.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:52pm
Don't forget to initial/sign on it so as to let ppl of the world know this modified KC has been flying around the "t/t world".
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 11:45pm
hm... maybe real name, tt nick name, city and country..? maybe date..?
i guess it will be too much.. huh...
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 2:10am
Thanks for the privilage Tommy. I'll just put "Hookshot" on there after I try it with Energy. I think we will need all the room for signatures we can get!!! Keep the sigs small guys!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:10pm
The journey begins Monday. Hookshot . . . it's all you!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic