Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eucalyptus oil for speed glue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:30pm
No click, only a bit faster and spin. Its not as good as speed glue.
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:34pm
No Lung Cancer.
No short life.

Before
20080106_205230_Euci-One.gif
After One Light Coat
20080106_205338_Euci-Two.gif
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:39pm
Yes it is healthier
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:04pm
PingPangQiu,
You are probably the faster member to 1000 in the history of this forum.
I send you an early congratulations, but don't neglect your schoolwork or I'll get on a plane to HK and spank you!
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:12pm
Ping Pang,,,
     What kind of rubbers have you done with the Eucalyptus? How many coats? Did you do the top sheet? How much did they dome? Did the dome go away when you did the top sheet? What % speed increase did you get? Spin?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:15pm
Hurricane 3 commercial. 2 coats. No. Alot. I already said, it is better, but not a lot. Better than nothing though
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

PingPangQiu,
I send you an early congratulations, but don't neglect your schoolwork or I'll get on a plane to HK and spank you!
Thank you so much Tommy. I would like to thank my family, friends and the members of this forum for encouraging me for this great achievement
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:21pm
     Here is what happened with Nano Cannon,,,
     Three coats and the rubber was a tube. This only took about 30 minutes. Then I put one coat on the topsheet. The dome started going the other way. So fast you could watch it go. In 2 hours, the sheet was almost flat. I put one more coat on and it went into a reverse dome so it looked like a taco. The next morning I put more on the sponge and in ten minutes the sheet was flat again. Then I glued it on the blade.
     It is MUCH faster and the spin is better. It clicks VERY loud.
     I had the same thing happen with Energy.
     Looking at the sheet, I think you might have to use 2m sponge to stay legal. The top and sponge really swell up.
     Different rubbers will probably react differently to this stuff but so far, I think it equals any tuner out there. Smile
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

PingPangQiu,
Thank you so much Tommy. I would like to thank my family, friends and the members of this forum for encouraging me for this great achievement

You're almost there... I have seen you post like almost any time of the day on almost everyday. I wonder how you have the time to even play ping pong?! I think you must play with a paddle in one hand, and a laptop in the other! LOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:23pm
Well you are half right. I bring my laptop into to room that i play in.Wink
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:25pm
CONGRATULATIONS PINGPANGQIU!!!

Gong Xi!!!
Gong Xi!!!
Gong Xi!!!
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

Three coats and the rubber was a tube. This only took about 30 minutes. Then I put one coat on the topsheet. The dome started going the other way. So fast you could watch it go. In 2 hours, the sheet was almost flat. I put one more coat on and it went into a reverse dome so it looked like a taco. The next morning I put more on the sponge and in ten minutes the sheet was flat again. Then I glued it on the blade.
     Looking at the sheet, I think you might have to use 2m sponge to stay legal. The top and sponge really swell up.
     Different rubbers will probably react differently to this stuff but so far, I think it equals any tuner out there. Smile

Is there anything to note about the Eucalyptus oil effecting the topsheet playablility or durability since you put two coats directly on it?  Did you have to clamp or press at all to glue?  Thanks!
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 9:29pm
lol thank you again tommy
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 10:24pm
Hi Pong,,,
     I glued it on and felt the edges. They were solid but I still put it in a clicky press for 30 minutes. This stuff soaks in real fast and does not feel oiley like EEII.
     It will take alot more experimenting but so far, this looks good. I like how fast it works.
     The topsheet after treatment feels just slightly less grippy. About one hour later it is more grippy than new. (at least with Nano Cannon and Energy) I am waiting to hear results with different hardness sponges.
     Never know,,, maybe the topsheet will seperate from the sponge. Have to test more. There is no data that I know of on this stuff yet.Smile
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 10:54pm
Thanks - I may get some just to try on some old sheets first.  Most likely some friendship rubber.  Keep us posted on your experimental progress. 
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
C.Y. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Y. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2008 at 3:23pm

Hurricane 3 commercial. 2 coats. No. Alot. I already said, it is better, but not a lot. Better than nothing though

Where did you get Eucalyptus oil in China?  There are people in China want to try it but they can't find it in store.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2008 at 6:34pm
I've tried it with a used Nittaku H3 Pro and with 2 layers and after 30 minutes the dome was real good. And after 1 hours its was like a taco. I didnt played with it but I'll try it tomorrow...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2008 at 8:14pm

Has anyone actually tried it? Does it really work? This can save so much money from speed glue and so muc healthier

When did you try it?  Which brand of Eucalyptus oil did you get?  Can you show a picture of it?  Where did you order it in China?  How long does it take for your H3 to dry with 2 coats of Eucalyptus oil?
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2008 at 9:10pm
Hi GenomicsK,
     This stuff does not have to dry. It soaks into the sponge or topsheet in just a few minutes at the most. Maximum dome has happened in less than 30 minutes for me on the rubbers I used.
     I glued one sheet on 10 minutes after I applied the oil. It is different than EEII, thinner. Does not seem to reduce the bond from glue.
     The brand is "Now Foods"
     The brand should not matter much if it is double distilled.Smile

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 12:39am
@Hookshot

Thanks for the valuable information.  One more question: is this oil odorless?  If not, how bad the smell is it?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 12:54am
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

. . . is this oil odorless?� If not, how bad the smell is it?

Genomics,
I can answer this question, if Hookshot doesn't mind.
It has a strong smell, but it's very nice. It's like Vicks Vapor Rub or Menthol in cough drops. I like it. It's used to clear congestion and as a body rub so it's very healthy. It's not a bad strong smell, IMO it's a good strong smell!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 1:01am
Thanks, Tommy!  I think I will give it a try!!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 1:03am
Instead of opening all the doors and windows and wearing a mask . . .
breath it in and clear out your sinuses!
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 4:55am

does it leave anymarks on the topsheet of the rubber when you apply it on the topsheet?

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 4:56am
so does it contain any sort of VOC compound? that may fail the ENEZ test?
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 5:49am
If Eucalyptus oil fails the ENEZ test , everything else will fail!
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 10:28am
Hi ASR1990,,,
     If you apply it to the whole topsheet, there are absolutly no marks.
     It does expand the topsheet alot so if you got some on one spot only, I am sure it would show.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 10:55am
If tree sap fails that might mean blades can no longer be made of wood, which is fine by me because I designed a new line of blades made from animal fertilizer. I call them Poopoozoo. I used them at the Club last week and nobody . . . and I mean NOBODY . . . could stay on the table with me! Talk about fast! The ball doesn't stay on the blade any longer than it has too, and games are over quickly!
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

If Eucalyptus oil fails the ENEZ test , everything else will fail!

This is anything but clear until a rubber drenched in E-oil has been tested in ENEZ detectors.
I've just read on a German tt-forum that pure E-oil contains an organic solvent named "cineol" that is being used as an industrial solvent. It is also said that this is a volatile organic solvent, but the question is if the gas pressure of this VOC is within the forbidden margin or if it's below = compliant with the new ITTF rules.
Somebody from Switzerland tried a E-treated rubber in a ENEZ detector and the result was negative. So E-oil should be OK, but this person didn't want to give details about the test at the moment because something strange happened during his tests. He'll report more after further tests.
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 11:49am

Hi ASR1990,,,
     If you apply it to the whole topsheet, there are absolutly no marks.
     It does expand the topsheet alot so if you got some on one spot only, I am sure it would show.

Thanks,

i may try some just on the topsheet when CTE turns the rubber int a tube

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic