FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ten Most Underrated Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Most Underrated Blades
    Posted: 10/09/2012 at 1:58am
The most underrated blade in my opinion is Spintech Phenom Carbo. Very few people knows it, but those who got the chance to hit, absolutely love the blade. It´s incredibly light yet powerful in a BTY Schlager level. And also controllable as a 5-ply wood. For me, simply the best carbon blade ever.
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 10:51pm
 The problem is there are hundreds of blades on the market that could fit that catagory so it's difficult to just have ten of them. There are brands that don't get the advertisement like the big boys such as TSP (exellent products) or YLT, Killer Spin, Champion etc. DHS has some superb blades that don't get the recognition simply because DHS makes so many different models. If I had to pick just one underated blade it would have to be the BTY Keyshot Light or as stated above the Avalox 777.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 9:50pm
729 Bomb
729 Red Spirit
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 5:43pm
rr where have you been?
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 5:39pm
Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus.  Works as well or better than most $165+ "designer" balsa blocking blades.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 4:25pm
I am a huge fan of the Yasaka Synergy, fact is I am happy playing with this blade and tuned Mark V!!!

http://cl.ly/image/1b1F1L1A3h1L

Edited by dauntless - 10/08/2012 at 4:25pm
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2012 at 4:10pm
(kokutaku cremrtop)
5 ply-wood, OFF, amzing feel medium+, slightly flexible, light, very very very crisp, durable, huge sweet-spot, cheap!
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

FH: 729 transced (red max)
BH: BlueFire M1 (black Max)
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 1:18am

Sanwei T502E
(Ayous-Limba-Carbon-Limba-Carbon-Limba -Ayous)

Has a nice soft feel for a carbon blade. Carbon layers around the core similar to W-1. Rated allround speed so good for most players. Sanwei in general is relatively unknown.
siemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 11:30pm

HRT 2083

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=2053

uploads/20464/HRT-2083.jpg

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

the best part about those is you can get just about every speed in the same style blade which makes it very easy on your mind to go up and down in blade speed

easy on your mind but not so easy on your wallet?

Well if you like the blade but want to go one speed slower at least you will still like it :). That's something you can never be sure of if you are changing construction and blade brand. The TSP 4.5, 5.5 and 6.5 all play and feel much the same it's just that the 4.5 is more flexible and a bit slower. The 3.5 and 2.5 are defensive and the 8.5 is OFF+ ish but they all have the same handle (which is the part that helps with the mind the most) and construction only the thickness of the balsa changes. Imagine if you could buy an acoustic all the way from def to off+ :)? that's essentially what the TSP balsa range does, but it's not so easy to do with woods other than balsa

Edited by bluebucket - 04/03/2011 at 11:17pm
ponghead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Phot0n Phot0n wrote:

Palio's TCT... so awesome I also got the TC6. Both are great. I love Palio's titanium+carbon blades!Second JKC on the T-4 (gee, see my sig :P), but you have to carefully pair rubbers with it otherwise it will frustrate you.

I also recently discovered a palio carbon blade that I love. The TNT carbon it's Awesome!
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

the best part about those is you can get just about every speed in the same style blade which makes it very easy on your mind to go up and down in blade speed

easy on your mind but not so easy on your wallet?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 7:52pm
I like the Avalox woods, I guess not really unrated but not a lot of people use them and they feel better than the similar Stiga's also giving some love to the TSP Balsa's like everyone else is, probably the best balsa blades on the market, the best part about those is you can get just about every speed in the same style blade which makes it very easy on your mind to go up and down in blade speed
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:02pm
Too many blades to choose from that are under-rated. I would add TSP Balsa blades, not using one myself but lots of clubmates like them. My Current blade, HS Cryzer, does not have great overall rating on TTDB but I have used it for 2 years and found it to be a great 5 Ply Hinoki, great for touch shots, superb control and power when required, great for looping, think of a faster Jonyer Hinoki without sacrificing any of the control. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.  +The Joola blades mentioned above

Edited by riker71 - 04/03/2011 at 3:06pm
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Phot0n Phot0n wrote:

Palio's TCT... so awesome I also got the TC6. Both are great. I love Palio's titanium+carbon blades!

Palio TC6 by all means. This is the fastest possible blade (even faster than PC and T-1) and still rated 8 out of 10

Feels like you play with porcelain tile.
hojim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hojim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 10:33pm
Totally underrated, good price = San Wei A5, nice all wood blade supposed to have the same characteristics as the Hurricane King. If you happen to get one, make sure that it is properly sealed as the top layer is very delicate. Thumbs Up
American Hinoki 2 ply POC/NWC Shake FL Rakza 7 FH Boost TS BH (testing)
1 ply Hinoki shake FL FH Rakza BH Pride 30
San Wei A5 FH Rakza 7 BH Pryde 30
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 7:35pm
Quote Spark ... is too flexible for smashing.
Exactly. Moreover TBS player will probably feel comfortable with blocking a Spark player’s topspins, if they aren’t really hard and consistent, because the pressure you can generate with this blade is quite limited too. But i fear the TBS players topspins of my class; they are rockets. If someone’s technique is too poor to make use of the possibilities of this blade, it isn’t the blade’s fault.

And back on topic: i think the blades which are high rated, are high rated for it’s reason. But i agree in that Joola is underrated. Their stuff simply can’t be that crappy as their branding is.

Edited by Klaus123 - 01/27/2011 at 8:18pm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 6:59pm
Avalox P777  grossly underrated 
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 2:58pm
Keyshot Light. One of the best for Euro/jap loopers. 
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Dorje Dorje wrote:

Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    

I agree. The handles of the JOOLA Wing Series (regular, passion, and flame I'm assuming) are the most comfortable handles I've ever used. I let one of my friends use my Wing Medium and he said the handles hurt his hands, but he hold the handle too tight and has somewhat small hands too lol.

I don't think I'll be moving from my current blade anytime soon (unless it breaks.....)

Originally posted by vvu.tee vvu.tee wrote:

In this line of thought, another unpopular Joola blade is Torre. I checked out one last night for 30 minutes. It was set up with Stiga Mendo MP 2.0 mm and it played really nice, controllable and all. It is an ALL blade with an attitude and can really crank up the speed and power when you need it.

The owner used to have a taste for defensive play, and says it is good with Joola Snubb and some anties too.

My first custom racket was built on a Torre All+. Everyone who plays with it now (it's almost 2 years old with Skyline II each side) thinks it's an amazing setup. Pity I can't find that blade anymore...
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 11:42am
My votes:
Offensive players-smaller hands = 729 bomb; bigger hands = dynasty hinoki or dynasty hinoki carbon
Defensive players-yinhe (galaxy) LQ-1
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 10:11am
So did anyone compile, or keep track of the top 10 underrated blades we discussed\voted so far???
my vote is Hurricane Hao (both original and 656).  There are not a lot of talks or reviews on them, even though imo they play pretty well, on par with HK, and HK 655.

TB Spark - It's cheaper, and imo better suited for most of us here then TBS.  However it is not as near popular as the TBS.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2011 at 9:34am
Balsa Core Blades from TSP, Stiga Titanium 5.4, Stiga Offensive Classic
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Phot0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phot0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2011 at 9:56pm
Palio's TCT... so awesome I also got the TC6. Both are great. I love Palio's titanium+carbon blades!

Second JKC on the T-4 (gee, see my sig :P), but you have to carefully pair rubbers with it otherwise it will frustrate you.

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH
Gr8GrZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gr8GrZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2011 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Dorje Dorje wrote:

Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    

I played with a Joola carbon blade a while back, great feel, soft carbon feel, which one do you guys think I probably played with?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2011 at 10:02am
T-4. You either love it or you hate it - I love it, everyone else seems to hate it.
butterfly 111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly 111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2011 at 7:12am
yasaka ma lin soft carbon
donic dicon
typhoon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2011 at 10:36pm
How about Yasaka Max wood?

I see only few people talk about it in this forum.

I agree with LOOPMEISTER about MLC and Nittaku Fillmea.
Both of them have the same construction as Innerforce series of BTY.
Actually, I think Nittaku Fillmea is MLC rebrand in Nit with G carbon inside.Smile

Edited by typhoon1 - 01/07/2011 at 10:42pm
MLC ST FH: Vega Asia(r)2.0 BH: Vega Europe(b)2.0 Testing Yasaka Galxya ST
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2011 at 6:58am
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

YEO.

Amazing blade and fairly unknown to many people looking for a fast, but versatile, non-composite blade. Great blade and great price!

OOh !!  Unknown to many ?
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2011 at 3:36am
YEO.

Amazing blade and fairly unknown to many people looking for a fast, but versatile, non-composite blade. Great blade and great price!

Edited by AllezCho - 01/07/2011 at 3:37am
Viscaria
T05/T64
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic