Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ten Most Underrated Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:22pm
I see that it is listed in fareastsports and presports.  It is also listed in spinfactory.de (Germany) and butterflyaustralia.com.  I just googled it.
Sponsored Links

cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:31pm
So not in North America?

Timo Boll Spirit in hibernation!
Andrzej Grubba until i reach 1800
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora
Back up rubbers Bryce and focus 3 snipe

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:31pm
BTY Madash, Spinart and Paulownia (all rare and discontinued)
BTY Korbel SK7, Mazunov and Lars Hielscher
Nittaku Redshank, Latika and Ludeack power
Nexy Oscar

Makes 10. Some are not really underrated such as Korbel sk7 or Mazunov but they are not advertised as they should be.
To me, Ksk7, Ludeack power and BTY Lars Hielsher are the best 7 plies blades my hands ever held.
Same to Nexy Oscar, my favorite composite blade. IMHO, much better than Viscaria, TBS and all overprized BTY products.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Phot0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phot0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 11:12pm
Palio blades... and Galaxy blades were until recently now that they are considered respectable alternatives.

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Phot0n Phot0n wrote:

Palio blades... and Galaxy blades were until recently now that they are considered respectable alternatives.

The two palio blades I bought back in 2007 had wildly varying ply thicknesses (asymmetrical by accident)... And I never bought one again.

I take it their blade QC has improved?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:54am
Y-4 of Galaxy is the most underrated blade. It is rated ALL while in reality it is OFF+

The semantic field of underrate is vast. Too many connotations...

Edited by Imago - 11/29/2010 at 1:00am
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:02am
2 blades from Hunter that I've played. The hunter Flame and Inferno were both imo maybe not the best blades for me at the time, but overall good blades that are very underrated and not many people have ever even played with a blade from hunter. Very solid blades both of balsa wood center ply.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:11am
YINHE/GALAXY BLADES!
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 3:46am
I've used Qiu Zhong Hui HK648 (if I remember number correctly) for some two months, chinese carbon blade on slower off class, it's good blade, medium flex, medium to hard feel, lightweight, not head hevy at all, so you can attach any rubber you want...I'd keep it but it had thin fl handle which not suits me. Not beautyful look at all, but it was better than my current Donic Waldner carbon senso. At least it had same shot sound over whole surface which is not case with wsc.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
lauge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:18am
Donic Li Ping KiTex  -  very high quality blade with fine grained hinoki outer ply, plays similar to Timo Boll ALC at half the price.
Dorje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:35am
Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    
friendship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:53am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

729 Bomb

I don't like it, but I know 2-3 people who love it. Cheap, fast, and has some interesting (strange) softness from the balsa/cork plies.

Bomb is just great to me, but caveat goes to rubbers with which it is used, as it is not good match for some rubbers (especially bouncy ones). combination of rubber and blade can be either great or bad. incredible spinning ability at speed, great control at speed shots
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 5:00am
Thread like this makes you want to go out there hunting again. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 5:34am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

. Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade. 

Hi Speedplay, can you please comment on the hardness/stiffness of the Yasaka Balsa+?

Sorry, missed this before as we posted at the same time. The Yasaka Balsa+ is a soft and flexible blade, probably the only flexible blade I've been able to get a long with. I used it with pips and it was marvelous for chopping, but it was also a thing of beauty for looping. How ever, given the distance I played at, it was a little to slow to be lethal for me, but if you play up close to the table, I'm sure it's fast enough. Can't think of a balde to compare it with, neither can I think of another blade that had the same excellent feeling to it.
The holy grail
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:34am
-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

For me, all better than most of BTY carbon/composite blades.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Dorje Dorje wrote:

Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    

Very true. I have a Fever and a Wing fast and they are top quality. But still a bit expensive.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:59am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

I am interested in your findings :  ( Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon ) and why you think it is special as I am experimenting with a few AVX blades myself and honestly these have been around a long time  I am testing P777 and it is a superior blade in many ways to most BTY blades ,it is a spring blade which takes getting used to ,will review at a later date.

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 8:05am
One other thing, if possible can we have a brief review of some of these underrated blades,at least say what is special about your choice (s). I am learning quite a bit here ,mostly that BTY blades are good but there are better blades in the shadows.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 8:23am
I second the BTY Mazunov, and TB Spark.  Also add the DHS Hurricane Hao.

Edited by mhnh007 - 11/29/2010 at 8:24am
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Deepanshu Deepanshu wrote:

Is fast, spiny and with a lot of control. I would like to know more about this brand:
-Is a real brand or just a name of an other brand?
-They have a web page?
-Do you know this brand?
-How so cheap blade and rubber can be so good?.......

Which blade are you referring to ?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 10:56am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Originally posted by Deepanshu Deepanshu wrote:

Is fast, spiny and with a lot of control. I would like to know more about this brand:
-Is a real brand or just a name of an other brand?
-They have a web page?
-Do you know this brand?
-How so cheap blade and rubber can be so good?.......

Which blade are you referring to ?

I think he got all of his 3 posts mixed up.  I think this is supposed to be for the other thread.
Bennybenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennybenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:01am
Avalox P700 and P500 blades
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL
Friendship 729 Higher Transcend 2.2 Black
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

I am interested in your findings :  ( Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon ) and why you think it is special as I am experimenting with a few AVX blades myself and honestly these have been around a long time  I am testing P777 and it is a superior blade in many ways to most BTY blades ,it is a spring blade which takes getting used to ,will review at a later date.

I like MWC because it has a soft outer ply combined with a medium-stiff lamina. It gives me a soft all wood touch with enough power to play a mid distance power game but also provides a reasonable control for its power. I like it better than TBS because it offers about the same power and speed with lower weight and better feel. Mine is 86g. For those who have big hands, I don't recomend MWC FL handle because It's quite slim compared to other Avalox baldes.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:59am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

TB Spark reminds me of Peter Korbel but a little better in all areas.  

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

Both are really good value + performance blades.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:00pm
OOh,,, I see now,thank you.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:05pm
I agree with the Nittaku Septear and Dynamix 17 blades being under rated. Both are excellent blades which I played for a long time. 
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:08pm
I am making a note of the blades that keep reappearing in this thread often for further elaboration

Edited by chris.b40 - 11/29/2010 at 12:09pm
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

729 L3 is a rated a natural born RPG with OFF++ rating while TB Spark is slower than my Korbel at OFF-. Are you talking about the blade construction or they, L3 and Spark, are just a slower bunch than mine.

Edited by hungga - 11/29/2010 at 1:05pm
:: EJ level 1 ::
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

729 L3 is a rated a natural born RPG with OFF++ rating while TB Spark is slower than my Korbel at OFF-. Are talking about the blade construction or they, L3 and Spark, are just a slower bunch than mine.

I'm not sure what RPG is. I played with all of the above blades and those are my findings.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by lauge lauge wrote:

Donic Li Ping KiTex  -  very high quality blade with fine grained hinoki outer ply, plays similar to Timo Boll ALC at half the price.

imo Li ping kitex is not similar to TB ALC. but in li ping blade there is less chance the performance is different from one to another same blade, than TB ALC. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic