Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola RHYZM review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:10pm
Don't know about olive oil but baby oil does act as a booster/stretcher rubbers back to size.
Used BOil first time on a m2 and with 2 ,,medium" coats it rolled itself into a big Cuban cigar and after 3 days it is still rolled like crazy...., note that was applied on the bare sponge .
Same day I did 2 lite coats of Falco long on a m1 turbo to awake it an soften that hard sponge and the results were way less than m2+ B oil....
still testing

Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

The only 'boosting' i approve on Rhyzm is regluing after two months. I don't know if the old glue loses hold, but when i fresh glue it with normal WBG glue feels good again. That holds for any rubber though... more than 2 months with same glue just... begins to feel a little dull.

This is my experience with ESN rubbers in general.  IF they feel weird after a long period of use, just reattach to the blade with fresh glue before deciding to discard it.

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
heavyforehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 8:07pm
Love the gaffer tape idea. I had some 12mm Donic regular stuff, but if the gaffer protects better, I will go with that. I really don't want to splinter the Ma Lin EO I just got.

Removed the Rhyzm from my Allplay and a small sliver came off where it had splintered, but the good news is the blade is not nearly as bad as I thought and I can still put some rubber on it again and use it.

It went on fine and fits well. It was actually a little long up top and a hair short on the wide side,but I trimmed the top and it its all set. Currently have the Donic side tape on it, but Im going to get some of the black tape Next Level linked to if that provides better protection.

I should review the rubber as I have used it for 3 weeks now. I absolutely love this rubber and coming from 1.9mm Mark V the adjustment was very easy for me. The clicking sound is a cool change from more traditional rubbers, but I really like the feel on loops and drives. The only thing I had to get used to was my paddle was heavier due to the max. I also realized I wanted a little more speed from my blade which is why I went with the Ma lin instead of another Donic, but on the Donic the feel is incredible (I have not used the Yasaka setup yet). I was afraid my push shots would lose control, but I had no such problem. Close to the table, the rubber gives me very good control. I do think that this rubber requires better pushing technique as when I take a ball a little late I can miss the table, but for taking the ball off the bounce, it is fantastic.

I prefer to play medium distance from the table, and this rubber made looping a lot easier from both sides. I have a lot of confidence attacking balls and setting up loops quickly with it. On serve, I have developed heavier spin than with my prior setup (flextra on backhand) and more control. Since I added the rhyzm I can't see a downside to the rubber and I have so far logged about 25 hours with it. 

Obviously quite happy I was able to make the transfer over to my new blade with no issues. I look forward to seeing how it plays on the Ma Lin.

Also if anyone is interested, each sheet weighs close to 50 grams when cut.

Edited by heavyforehand - 09/25/2015 at 8:14pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (86 grams)

FH : Joola Rhyzm Max

BH : Joola Rhyzm Max

Weight - 186 grams
Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 1:41am
Could someone compare Rhyzm to Rakza 7? There were some quick mentions in the first pages of the thread, but nothing in detail from someone who used both for a significant amount of time.
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 1:00pm
I have used Rakza 7 soft on a Stiga OC. I like both rubbers and could use either one, but I prefer Rhyzm. It has that click on impact that I like and the spin is a bit heavier. A 1900 I play with a lot uses Rakza 7 and really loved my Rhyzm setup. I feel like the Rhyzm is a little easier to use in terms of forgiveness, but they are pretty similar and both great. Hopefully others can chime in with more detail.

Weight - 186 grams
Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 9:04pm
Hey heavyforehand, appreciate the response. The Rakza 7 soft plays very differently due to the very maleable sponge, but it's good to know your club friend enjoys the Rhyzm. My main concern is that the Rhyzm's med-hard topsheet makes the dwell time too quick compared to the softer Rakza 7 topsheet.
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 12:53pm
My friend had no issues adjusting to Rhyzm from Rakza 7 . Took him less than 1 minute if that helps you. 

Weight - 186 grams
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

I use rubber cement, and Rhyzm doesn't shrink. You need to let it sit for at least 12 hours or so. 

Bingo
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 9:57am

I use rubber cement, and Rhyzm doesn't shrink. You need to let it sit for at least 12 hours or so. 

Let me say the same thing in a different way:

Egghead - I use rubber cement and Rhyzm doesn't shrink. You need to let is *shrink* for at least 12 hours after you put the rubber cement first, and after that it doesn't shrink any more.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Tommy16 Tommy16 wrote:

Yes, if you take Rhyzm of and re-glue it to new blade right away you don´t have to worry. If you take it of and let it sit for few days then it will shrink a bit more. At least that was the case few yers back when I was playing with Rhyzm,
It turns out both are right. I needed to replace my Rhyzm last week. So, I took the old Rhyzm, removed the glue, and let it sit for couple days. The Rhyzm did shrink 1mm~1.5mm on each sides (never know that Embarrassed). However, it backed to the original size after I applied the rubber cement on it Tongue

Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Let me say the same thing in a different way:

Egghead - I use rubber cement and Rhyzm doesn't shrink. You need to let is *shrink* for at least 12 hours after you put the rubber cement first, and after that it doesn't shrink any more.
Thanks Embarrassed
You are right; when applied the rubber cement (2 layers) first time, it is better to let it sit for a while (>12 hs).

Edited by Egghead - 09/30/2015 at 11:33am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 11:32am
I have couple questions for Rhyzm users LOL
Do you find the recent batch of the Rhyzm is softer the old batch?
Did you try the Falco Booster with Rhyzm after the rubber is dead? LOL

Edited by Egghead - 09/30/2015 at 12:16pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:36pm
Rhyzm is always the same, but the glueing job is not. A little thicker glue and it feels softer. Also all new rubbers feel softer when u first put them on, just because the old sponge slowly loses elasticity and feels stiffer. I have to say, the reason I remove Rhyzm from my blades is never sponge, it is always nice. For me, i get a white circle on the forehand side from the heavy FH shots. When it loses grip halfway, i switch the BH and FH sides, and use it a little longer for BH. I don't have that problem on the BH, i can last forever, but on my FH... i think i hit too hard : )
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:42pm
You really mean that on your backhand, you don't spin enough.  You really should have that problem on both sides.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 4:04pm
Does anybody have any experience with the plain old Rhyzm 48 with plastic  balls? Is it any good?
sportlover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 4:52pm
Hello, this Rhyzm are very good rubbers with good feeling but i mean is so hard. Better is Rubber Rhyzm-P.
timoboll86 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2017 at 7:08am
I used the soft before
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2017 at 8:14am
which is the better rubber, rhyzm or rhyzm~p?
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2017 at 3:38pm
I have used Rakza7 / Rakza7 Soft and Rhyzm ( 42.5 deg ? ) and I have at some point boosted all the 3 rubbers. 

Rakza7 --- aggressive loop-drive / pure-loop / heavy-push or short chop return players. After boosting feels very uncontrollable and just weird do not recommend to boost. This rubber is not heavy or lightweight. 

Rakza7 Soft --- two-wing loopers, long push / short push / mid-level chop or cut players. This rubber has tons of control and has reasonable speed. Boosting again is weird and bottoms out the sponge on all strokes. Do not recommend to boost. Very lightweight, very grippy. Excellent serve-return-attack ( 5th ball attack players and not 3rd ball attack style) .

Rhyzm --- very aggressive loopers, long distance counter-loopers, just basic push and then rapid attack. This rubber is EXTREMELY spinny and medium speed. After boosting becomes EVEN MORE sensitive and more spinny and faster. Only very high-quality and high-ranked players should boost this demon rubber LOL

My preference has always been Rakza7  and Rakza7 Soft dint work for me. Rhyzm is fun but I am not very good at TT to use it properly.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

which is the better rubber, rhyzm or rhyzm~p?

i started with rhyzm-p
but switched to reg. rhyzm i thing its less bouncy
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic