FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Tuttle Beijing IV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 6:15pm
The majority of the recent posts for the :) geek :) brigade only illustrate how utterly obsessed they are with proving they are 'right' and forcing their 'superior' supercilious opinions upon others they dont agree with. Using words like 'you people' is typical and condescending to the extreme. To clear up any misunderstanding, where I come from the word Geek is generally seen as a humourous way of describing a certain type of person. If I wanted to be condescending or offend I might have remarked 'oh no not the f**king arrogant Geek twats brigade again' or 'those damned geeks are at it again'. The overly serious response to one word in a previous post indicates that some have allowed their 'buttons to be pressed'. Chill out guys. If you are so confident that your methods, formulas experiments and hypotheses are so correct and so much better and more deficient, (sorry I mean efficient, damned predictive text, not deleted in case someone has already quoted me in their reply) and objective than the status quo then you should know that of course it will come to pass. In the meantime anyone new looking in on this thread may be wondering where the review of the rubber actually is.. fwiw I wont be basing my purchases just yet on the 'superior' methods detailed previously involving slabs of marble. Actually I find places like TTDB accurate and precise in terms of overall ratings of what I read about equipment and then playing with it myself. Eg Omega Pro-Vega Pro-Mark V-Tenergy- Various blades. Maybe I am just lucky as I dont need to try a wide range of rubbers or those I do are already well reviewed. For me, I know that only practice and improving technique-tactics-working on fitness will take my game forwards now. As per usual the thread is hijacked and allowed to be dragged way off the initial topic. I think a separate thread made into a sticky about the subject that the thread has turned into would be a useful thing to set up.

Edited by riker71 - 03/14/2012 at 6:57pm
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 6:53pm
I got news for you guys . . . this sport is dominated by geeks. Those of us on the tables with decent social skills are rare (and often getting beat by nerds and geeks).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 7:41pm
dingy, which parts specifically did he mention inaccurate reviews on the video?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I got news for you guys . . . this sport is dominated by geeks. Those of us on the tables with decent social skills are rare (and often getting beat by nerds and geeks).

HAHAHAHA! That is too funny.

So basically, Tommy, what you are saying is that I should be less cool and more geeky and then I will be a better at table tennis? LOL
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 2:13am
I'm just saying' . . . those geeks win. But in truth, the geeks are a bit annoying to play and watch . . . walking around the table mumbling to themselves after each point.
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 2:15am
this is a nice high throw rubber but super slow. i've never used such a slow rubber.
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

The majority of the recent posts for the :) geek :) brigade only illustrate how utterly obsessed they are with proving they are 'right' and forcing their 'superior' supercilious opinions upon others they dont agree with. Using words like 'you people' is typical and condescending to the extreme. To clear up any misunderstanding, where I come from the word Geek is generally seen as a humourous way of describing a certain type of person. If I wanted to be condescending or offend I might have remarked 'oh no not the f**king arrogant Geek twats brigade again' or 'those damned geeks are at it again'. The overly serious response to one word in a previous post indicates that some have allowed their 'buttons to be pressed'. Chill out guys. If you are so confident that your methods, formulas experiments and hypotheses are so correct and so much better and more deficient, (sorry I mean efficient, damned predictive text, not deleted in case someone has already quoted me in their reply) and objective than the status quo then you should know that of course it will come to pass. In the meantime anyone new looking in on this thread may be wondering where the review of the rubber actually is.. fwiw I wont be basing my purchases just yet on the 'superior' methods detailed previously involving slabs of marble. Actually I find places like TTDB accurate and precise in terms of overall ratings of what I read about equipment and then playing with it myself. Eg Omega Pro-Vega Pro-Mark V-Tenergy- Various blades. Maybe I am just lucky as I dont need to try a wide range of rubbers or those I do are already well reviewed. For me, I know that only practice and improving technique-tactics-working on fitness will take my game forwards now. As per usual the thread is hijacked and allowed to be dragged way off the initial topic. I think a separate thread made into a sticky about the subject that the thread has turned into would be a useful thing to set up.

Come on, don't be a geek, at least make your post reading friendly...Tongue
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 2:28am
Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

this is a nice high throw rubber but super slow. i've never used such a slow rubber.

Lol. Are we all talking about the same rubber? To sum up, it is a super slow fast spinny rubber with little spin. It lies somewhere between Tenergy and a slab of Silly Putty. Well, I'm going to be trying out the rubber pretty soon, as soon as I can get to a club, and see for myself. But someone is going to have some egg all over their review. There should be a review of reviewers. I'm going to set up tt-reviewers.net. 

Edited by richrf - 03/15/2012 at 2:57am
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 4:21am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

But someone is going to have some egg all over their review. There should be a review of reviewers. I'm going to set up tt-reviewers.net. 
That is why the rubber should be tested independently of how it is used or what blade it is on.

Edited by pnachtwey - 03/15/2012 at 4:22am
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

Lol. Are we all talking about the same rubber? To sum up, it is a super slow fast spinny rubber with little spin. It lies somewhere between Tenergy and a slab of Silly Putty. Well, I'm going to be trying out the rubber pretty soon, as soon as I can get to a club, and see for myself. But someone is going to have some egg all over their review. There should be a review of reviewers. I'm going to set up tt-reviewers.net. 

That is not a review......simply a quick opinion.  There was no information as to what blade was used or even the type of rubbers the user has been using to compare the TB4 too.   How can you even take anything from that statement as to how it could possibly relate that to anything you might think of the rubber using your normal blade and rubbers?  Pretty much you cant....

A review that is helpful would be to state  players approx level of ability/rating, normally used blades and rubbers that they are comparing to, and also style of play.   Then you have a meaning full review that you can get an idea of how the rubber felt or performed from their standpoint as a general result. 

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 1:24pm
I don't know how anyone could say it is very slow or very spinny, but . . . 

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 12:34am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but what I meant was that his review was very inaccurate.  The biggest and most obvious error was that the topsheet is NOT like a classical Chinese one, it's very soft and elastic and even more glaringly, it is NOT tacky at all!  I can't believe he would say that it's "super tacky".  I also disagree with his comments regarding its speed and spin, but without actual measurement tools I can't really lay out any logic to convince anyone to believe me rather than him.  You can read my previous reviews to see how I view its speed and spin, and I think you'll find that most of the other reviewers agree with me on all the points.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 12:45am
dingyibvs,
I agree, I did not find it very spinny and it is definatly LOW throw compared to H3 Neo.
It does have great control. Super on blocking. I think it would make a perfect backhand rubber for some styles.  Smile
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 7:10am
dingy, unless he really got a tacky topsheet. also in terms of speed i would rather use a baseline measurement like a rubber that a lot of people use and compare it to the speed of the rubber being reviewed. the spin also can be done by that way
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 8:16am
and also you can look at it this way that if a high level player can be inaccurate in some parts of his reviews how much more a lowly skilled player who can not do all the basic strokes properly

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but what I meant was that his review was very inaccurate.  The biggest and most obvious error was that the topsheet is NOT like a classical Chinese one, it's very soft and elastic and even more glaringly, it is NOT tacky at all!  I can't believe he would say that it's "super tacky".  I also disagree with his comments regarding its speed and spin, but without actual measurement tools I can't really lay out any logic to convince anyone to believe me rather than him.  You can read my previous reviews to see how I view its speed and spin, and I think you'll find that most of the other reviewers agree with me on all the points.

IMHO, in reviews, there's no accurate or inaccurate(actually, there is but.....). We weren't there with him. His sheet might be different ........ who knows?
No one has to agree or convince anyone. In my case, I just played with it and wrote what I felt. I didn't read previous reviews and I don't care if mine is different. Readers have to read most reviews and they will get the idea of what rubber is like.

www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 10:11am
Glued with rubber cement, blade only, as FH, rubber was not much faster than mark v but produced some interesting throw angles -high on medium control strokes, lower on drives...

More when I have time.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:02pm
got my TB4 yesterday and played around for it a bit. I am used to H3 and this is a whole different kind of rubber. I felt it was much slower in terms of spin/speed but, when used for hitting it was really fast and generated a ton of spin. I played also practiced with a 2000 rated chopper and I found that looping against his balls was a mission, meaning it took a lot more effort than when I use H3. This could be due to the fact that the rubber and sponge of TB4 is more like a euro rubber then a Chinese one and I am not used to the stroke, I had too hard of a blade (Hao Shuai Champion Carbon) and the sponge was too soft and would bottom out, or this rubber should be used on the backhand.

It's not a horrible rubber, just something I am probably not used to. I don't think I would use it unless it was on my backhand and that would not happen because I use Short Pips there. As I also found out though it is a hitters dream and I guess could be considered an inverted short pip in terms of how easy it is to quick hit and block with. Also, the touch of the rubber is as it says it is and it is very easy to place shots.

hope this mini review helps.

next week I'll also try it on the TSP 8.5 Top Offensive blade I am getting to see if it is better for me
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 2:51am
As promised, a video of me playing with the TB4 for a little bit.  Took me a while to adjust to its lower throw, especially on the BH(using a lower throw blade didn't help either), but you can get a rough idea of how it plays, I suppose.

Edited by dingyibvs - 03/17/2012 at 2:51am
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 6:19am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

As promised, a video of me playing with the TB4 for a little bit.  Took me a while to adjust to its lower throw, especially on the BH(using a lower throw blade didn't help either), but you can get a rough idea of how it plays, I suppose.

... just watched the first couple minutes... made me wish I was there to just to block for you! (been nice if you practice partner would simply block so you could keep a rhythm going)
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 8:12pm
decent skills basing on the video though need to work on your body rotation a lil bit more. when you have used the TB4, was it better to hit through the sponge more or brush the ball like a typcial chinese rubber? i hope mine will arrive in about a week or 2

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 8:17pm
Hah, yea, he was a bit more aggressive than usual.

I felt it was much better to hit through the sponge, brushing is not its strong suit.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I experienced a much more stable BH loop with it while I had to follow through more on blocks; so my game went up on the BH with it and I am thinking about switching permanently to it on that side. With my Boost TX on the BH I can make a lot of mistakes under pressure while it's great at practice. I expect the Beijing 4 to give me more control when I am stressed in an intense match.

Thanks for the review. Since I am contemplating Boost TC or TX for my forehand and have been experimenting with  TB4 on my forehand and backhand, I was wondering how TX compares to RB4. Thanks for the info. 

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:57pm
Bringing this thread back to life...

I've been on a crazy BH rubber EJ voyage of discovery for the last few months. For my sins, I find that I really like Beijing IV.

I would stick with it, but I do worry about the durability, combined with the fickle nature of Chinese rubber manufacturing. I remember falling heavily for Shark 2 Red Sponge, only for Haifu to push it off a cliff a few months after I declared my intentions to marry.

So, does anyone think it might disappear from production any time soon? And if it did, what would be the nearest thing? Boost TC?

Thanks for any info.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Bringing this thread back to life...

I've been on a crazy BH rubber EJ voyage of discovery for the last few months. For my sins, I find that I really like Beijing IV.

I would stick with it, but I do worry about the durability, combined with the fickle nature of Chinese rubber manufacturing. I remember falling heavily for Shark 2 Red Sponge, only for Haifu to push it off a cliff a few months after I declared my intentions to marry.

So, does anyone think it might disappear from production any time soon? And if it did, what would be the nearest thing? Boost TC?

Thanks for any info.

It's true, the durability is pretty bad but remember it's also relatively cheap. I don't think the rubber is going to go anywhere soon because the other beijings have been around for a while.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 11:04am
Ok, thanks GS. Will get some sheets ordered, and hopefully stock will be available. 
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic