Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 8:23pm

Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

Isn`t this a good thing sometimes? Like when playing a driving stroke I find more directional control with soft rubber by using the timber more as the guiding force.

Nexy agrees with you.   

Quote If you have a chance to play against top players, then you will know that their ball is more powerful than you see and guess.

In that moment, the ball goes into the rubber, from top sheet into sponge, and finally into wooden surface.

For powerful loopers, this impact happens all the time.

They know how to make the ball touches deep even into wood.

Edited by Anderni - 03/23/2013 at 8:43pm
Sponsored Links

Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 7:07am
First impressions of FX-P max.
Medium slow
Weak spin on loops
Weak spin on pushes
Weak spin on serves
Good control and consistency
It doesn't bottom out that quickly
It's not that hard to block the ball
It has no bite

Comparison with T05fx
Speed : T>FX-P
Spin : T>FX-P
Feel : T>FX-P
Bite : T>FX-P
Control : FX-P>T
Weight : T=FX-P

Conclusion : 90$ wasted.
It's not worth its price.

Edited by Jerem - 03/27/2013 at 7:13am
ojej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 8:24am
fx-p is very good rubber little bit too soft for my taste i preffer el-p but for players without skills every rubber isn't that good like tenergy Wink 
stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

my feedback
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Jerem Jerem wrote:

First impressions of FX-P max.
Medium slow
Weak spin on loops
Weak spin on pushes
Weak spin on serves
Good control and consistency
It doesn't bottom out that quickly
It's not that hard to block the ball
It has no bite

Comparison with T05fx
Speed : T>FX-P
Spin : T>FX-P
Feel : T>FX-P
Bite : T>FX-P
Control : FX-P>T
Weight : T=FX-P

Conclusion : 90$ wasted.
It's not worth its price.

Do you have any videos of yourself playing?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 5:56pm
These soft rubbers just make me angry. 
MXP is the only good Evolution
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 9:00pm
I'm with Assiduous in that I like a really hard sponged rubber on FH.

Just for the kicks, I tested EL-P and FL-p on a prototype of the Tibhar Inca Nexy designed...

I liked both rubbers a lot suprisingly.

I bought a couple sheet of the mid-firm EL-p for teh main bat and it is working out OK for the first two days. Will report more when I get to kno this rubber better. Right now, I like MX-P better, but that could change or become nuetral in a weeks time.

I intend to use this rubber for our upcoming city tourney this April.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

MXP is the only good Evolution for me

Fixed.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2013 at 9:21pm

MXP is the only good Evolution

Angry?  Confused
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2013 at 2:08am
I guess its personal preferance but I find I am more consistent and devastating with soft spinny rubber so I can go on the offensive as soon as possible close to the table. I can do the same with hard rubber but I make more errors opening and I get less spin close to the table with heavy brush.

In the end they way you choose to play will probably dictate what you like and don't like more than anything else.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2013 at 3:07am
consistent and devastating. Usually these are tradeoffs. Not for you obviously. If u can really simultaneously increase both consistency and devastation (smiling here) u should no doubt stick with the soft versions.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2013 at 4:04am

consistent and devastating. Usually these are tradeoffs. Not for you obviously. If u can really simultaneously increase both consistency and devastation (smiling here) u should no doubt stick with the soft versions.

My exp is softer rubber is slower on bigger swings and helps keep the ball in the table. Softer rubber gives more spin on heavy brushed strokes where spin is the dominate factor rather than speed (opening loops close to the table on long & 1/2 long pushes).

I know from bad advice given to me when I started to play table tennis seriously that I focus more on spin than power. I am trying to find better balance with this but old habits are hard to break. I do however use medium to hard rubber better on my BH side....
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 3:55pm
Question for MX-P users? How many layers of glue (Tearmender or something similar to it) do you advise for sticking the sheet (2.1mm) to a 7-ply composite blade?
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:25pm
Everyone still loving this rubber?
I'm seriously thinking about grabbing a sheet of 1Q-XD for FH and Evolution FX-P for BH.

I tend to loop only when needed with FH and prefer to loop drive or flat hit.
With BH I tend to loop a bit softer and hit through a little bit less.

Hopefully my choice of 1Q-XD for FH will match my style of close to the table drive/loop drive play.
And that FX-P will let me perform safe flips over the table.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:32pm
I am still a big fan of MX-P on the forehand of my Barwell!
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 11:01am
I also use Barwell as my main blade.
Can I find a vid of you playing with MX-P on Youtube or anywhere else? I`m curious to see and assess how this combo plays.
Isn`t it overly bouncy on Barwell for short game and slow loops? For example, Т64 on Barwell lacks control because the ball bounces away too fast, for my 2000-2100 it`s not totally uncontrollable, but significantly inconvenient.

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 04/12/2013 at 11:03am
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 11:16am
anyone using Xiom Zetro Quad with any of these rubbers? How is the performance?

Control and consistency is my biggest concern. I am only around ~1550 USATT and although I am an aggressive player, consistency is still my biggest area of weakness.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

I also use Barwell as my main blade.
Can I find a vid of you playing with MX-P on Youtube or anywhere else? I`m curious to see and assess how this combo plays.
Isn`t it overly bouncy on Barwell for short game and slow loops? For example, Т64 on Barwell lacks control because the ball bounces away too fast, for my 2000-2100 it`s not totally uncontrollable, but significantly inconvenient.

MX-P is many things, but bouncy is not one of them.  Any "bounciness" is a failure to spin on the part of the player, but even then, the rubber doesn't shot the ball out in that case.  It is almost Chinese (in a good way) in its lack of bounciness,

Edited by NextLevel - 04/12/2013 at 12:43pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 12:35pm
Using MX-P on my other Donic Waldner Legend Carbon blade and I am really liking it so far. This rubber is not bouncy at all. Very good rubber with nice feel and ton loads of spin.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Scorpnox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpnox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 7:02pm
Is the EL-P a suitable FH rubber? Or is it more a BH rubber?
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 9:55am
For me, MX-P is better than FX-P in all aspects. Speed, Spin and even Control!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 6:02pm
I am 3 weeks into using EL-P on FH and although I do not like it as much as MX-P, it is still a crisper, faster, and slightly spinnier rubber than Aurus with the same degree of control for me.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by igsstern igsstern wrote:

For me, MX-P is better than FX-P in all aspects. Speed, Spin and even Control!

completely agree
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 7:45pm
any news on MX-S?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
nyblad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyblad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 5:54pm
I tried MXP for the first time today. I had it on one side of a Stiga Allround NCT with a new sheet of T05 on the other side and im not sure what to think.  
My opinions differ quite a bit from some others in this thread.
My previous rubbers where Bluefire m2 on both sides and im probably a lower level player than most in here so take it for what its worth. 

Anyhow i found it mutch faster than T05, more jumpy and significatly harder to control.
Spin was close i think. Its hard to tell but maby MXP had a edge on serves but T05 on loops.
I liked MXP better on counterloops away from the table on backhand wheres i felt i lacked power on those shots with m2 or T05. I also liked MXP for killshots on hight or half high bals on forehand.
But i felt mutch more secure with T05. In particular in all kind of loops.

Now fore decision. Im not sure what to do and to make things worse i got 2 tournaments comming up this weekend.
Option 1. Stick with MXP on forehand and hope im able to adjust? The killshorts where really nice after all.
Option 2. Use it on backhand? I got signifcatly better technic and feel on backhand so im able to control it a bit but still feel i have more control with Tenergy. MXP also feels a bit hard on backhand and i really love the openingloops with T05. Thats a big deal becouse its kinda my bread and butter shot.
Option 3. Bite the bullet and get another sheet of Tenergy or reglue my old worn out m2?

Sorry for butchering the english language.

Edited by nyblad - 04/22/2013 at 5:55pm
nyblad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyblad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 6:36pm
Also. Will the MXP slow down a lot and soften up a little bit after a few weeks like the M2 did?
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

anyone using Xiom Zetro Quad with any of these rubbers? How is the performance?

Control and consistency is my biggest concern. I am only around ~1550 USATT and although I am an aggressive player, consistency is still my biggest area of weakness.

I've been going back and forth between MX-P and TG3 Neo on the FH of my Zetro Quad. My dilemma is, I get more spin on opening loops with TG3, while the same shot with MX-P doesn't spin as much, but still hits the table. On the other hand, away from the table looping/counter looping, I prefer the control of MX-P, but feel like I have to swing a little harder to get the same spin of the Neo. While the Neo spins more, but often goes long on loop drives. 

I am a much more consistent player when using MX-P and beat some players who've I'd never beat before. I guess spinny opening loops are the trade off.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2013 at 10:24pm
I got rid of my MX-Ps: awesome rubbers but too fast for my fast blades.

OTOH: I put 2 layers of Bioboost on a MX-P and slapped it on my brother's all-wood Xiom Fuga: awesome feel due to it becoming a bit softer and dweller.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 11:15am
slevin, send me Ur MX-Ps for when I get another TBS! MX-P on a BTY A/C blade rulz!

My M. Maze became unserviceable after a lady in my club entered my court as I moved back for a loop and M. maze went airbourne into the far side wall. I moved EL-X to an ALL+/OFF- looping blade and it ROCKS totally.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 11:18am
nyblad, your efforts at English are better than 99.9% of this forum trying other non-native languages.

MX-P is great for a stiff A/C BTY blade like TBS and Viscaria, it may play different on other baldes not suited for it.

I tried a new sheet of MX-P on a flexy ALL+/OFF- looping blade and it simply did not have the spin/speed/control it had on TBS. I tried a softer version of Evo (EL-X) and it is great on the flexy looping blade.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 4:19pm
I did a couple loops with MX-P (max, on a stiff and soft carbon blade, which is not my blade). My first impressions: it is not true that it's harder than M1. It is much softer, like aurus I'd say. Medium hard at most. It has medium throw, a bit lower than aurus, like m2 or a bit less (but the blade was different). It is not fast (m2 is much more reactive) but this is good for a fh rubber.

What I liked in this rubber is that it seems to make everything easy. You can't help thinking: how easy it is to play with this rubber! It is very dependable. Now I want to try MX-P 2.0 on my fh.

Edited by seguso - 05/23/2013 at 4:22pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic