Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coming soon! Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2014 at 11:09am
how is the handle compared to normal acoustic? same or like l-size?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Sponsored Links

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2014 at 5:27pm
Handle is the same like the normal one, NOT THE L-SIZE.

Well I promised you guys an update.
This blade will be my main blade next season for sure.
It is best feeling carbon feeling blade I played without it losing spin/speed/control or whatever u want.
Its a beast on fast shots and spins, but if you relax your hand and want to play the short game that works just as good.
Compareed to my Virtuoso it has more speed on fast shots, lower speed on slow shots (or maybe same speed but lower over the net). I felt the V-Carbon sacrificed spin for speed, but not with this great blade.

Im in love, if u want me to answer your questions please feel free to ask.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2014 at 10:49pm
how would you compare this Acoustic carbon to TBS-arylate carbon ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

how would you compare this Acoustic carbon to TBS-arylate carbon ?

More feel, better power away from the table, better short game and a bit softer. So it might be a bit less easy to play a hitting game close to the table, but it delivers me more spin.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:00am
How does it compare to accoustic large handle virtuoso plus and vking?
Thx..
I think from your review it was quite the blade that I expected to have.
Its a dream blade.
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:06am
Acoustic large handle feels like a normal acoustic with more speed and more bounciness compared to the non l-size one. So it would especially be worse in short game compared to the carbon.
I think you can compare the hardness to the V+, its just a bit different feel, I actually like the carbon feeling on this one, something I disliked in almost any carbon blade.
I havent tried vking, but im not a big fan of koto outers I think, most blades I enjoyed playing had limba as top ply.

For this blade feels like my dream blade so far, using a season old Tenergys and still getting lots of spin. I will probably get new Rakza rubbers today and will try those tonight. Loved the rakza7 on the Mizutani and the blades are quite similar in build, I put them next to eachother and all the plies showed similar thickness. So I guess I like the carbon in the Acoustic more.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:31am
Hmmm
You are good at tempting person Thomasson.
From your description its quite what i dream off.
Better close and better at long. Smashing better than accoustic.
But if the handle is like the old one its killing me and my hands. LOL.
Can't wait until it will be sold on worldwide.

BTW, can you rate the speed? off? off-?
I hope it was slower than photino. I can't go faster than that.

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:36am
Its 2 notches slower then Photino, its quite hard to give it a rating. It is Off on offensive shots and Off- when playing on control. Blocks are fast and low, but touch shots go just over the net when I relax my hand.

I ordered griptape to see if that works on the handle, if that doesn't feel comfortable ill just play with this thandle since I was used to a normal acoustic aswell.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 3:57am
That would really be a dream blade then..
Hopefully will hear about what was the best rubber to get it.
Would it be better to have ST handle and get a small grip at the end?
Grip tape reduced the feel. It is annoying to hear that the handle was small though.
Any news on the large size of accoustic carbon?
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 4:02am
Well I dont really like ST blades, however they do feel thicker even on the nittaku handles.
So if ST suits you that might be an option.

I havent heard anything about L-size carbon yet, however I prefered how the normal sized acoustic played over the l-size. I also think they should make a handle in between the normal and the L-size, since the l-size is a bit to chunky for me.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 4:08am
Me too, i dont really like ST handles but if a small grip tape at the end of an st handle that might give you an FL with bigger Size I guess.

They should make the handle like barwell. Barwell have one of the nicest fl handle for me.
What tenergy you used on the Accoustic carbon?
05 on fh and 64 on BH?
How's the razka going on? 
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 4:27am
I use 05 in 2.1(max) on FH and 64 in 1.9 on BH.
This works very well but when I tried the Rakza7 on the MJ it gave me even more control on almost all shots except spin over spin, but I think this is just some adjusting.

I will use Rakza7 Max on FH and 2.0 on BH.
If I dont like this on the BH I have a 1.8 Rakza7 Soft to try.

If in the end Rakza7 doesn't turn out to be better for me then Tenergy, I will take the new Tenergy rubbers of my Virtuoso.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 4:40am
Looking forward for another review with different rubbers. Such as sigma 2 euro or  blue fire series.
By the way what is the head size?
is it another 157-150? or 156-149?
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 4:44am
I just got an email that the rubbers were send out today, while they mailed me they would send them out last friday.. So wont be trying the rubbers until thursday.

Blade is 157-150 I believe, the same as normal acoustic.
rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 5:09am
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon (87 gr)
Tested with : 
H3 NT50 (FH) 2.0 - Tenergy 80 (BH) 2.0
Shakehand Grip

Compared to : BTY Amultart FL (88gr)
(same head size 157 x 150 mm, different thickness 7.1 Amultart vs 5.5mm AC)

Head Weight : AC > Amultart
I am quite sure that Acoustic Carbon's head weight is heavier than Amultart.

Hardness/Stiffness :  AC > Amultart
BTY Amultart has much more soft feeling with some vibration when hitting the ball flat (smashes/flick) while Nittaku AC has little to no vibration. I can perform flick much better with AC than with Amultart.

Speed  & Power (flat smashes, drive, loop) : AC < Amultart
With much less same amount of power, Amultart generates a lot faster ball than AC. 

Blocking : AC < Amultart
I felt more confident in blocking with Amultart rather than AC. Also easier to do blocks (Both FH & BH) with Amultart

Looping : Tie
I see almost little to no difference in terms of how easy I can generate FH topspin with both blades. Although with BH topspin, it's a bit easier with AC.

Push : AC > Amultart
Especially close to the net pushing. Returning short backspin serves with AC is better than when I used Amultart.

Short Table Placement/Control : AC > Amultart
I placed shots close to the net better with AC and much more control/manueverability. Maybe due to AC's heavier head weight?

Mid - Far Placement/Control : TBA (hadn't undergone enough test with the AC) although for now I assume AC is better in overall placement/control.

Summary : AC has Better control and manuever, while Amultart still excels in speed/power. Personally,  I enjoyed playing mid to far from table more with Amultart for looping/drive 

Grip wise, for now I felt that Acoustic ST handle is a better fit to my hand rather than BTY Amultart FL handle. Time will tell :)
This is my second experience with stiff blade (tried BTY Gergely before).  

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 5:47am
How does the acoustic carbon compared to timo boll t5000? Which carbon fibers are faster, the tamca5000 or acoustic carbon's?
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 5:58am
Im not sure if its just the carbon, but the T5000 is a much faster blade in total.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 6:21am
Amultart have more feeling than AC?
Can anyone confirm this?
Little to no vibration means no feeling??
A bit confusing..
rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 6:26am
@Thomasson
Regarding Snakefish's question about comparing AC to Arylate TBS:
So you felt that Acoustic carbon is actually softer than BTY Arylate carbon series? 

Now I am wondering why Acoustic carbon is much harder/stiffer than ZLC carbon (like I tested with BTY Amultart ZLC).

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 6:51am
Hard and stiff were different measures.
If you put pressure to theire blades and it does not bent means its stiff. The other way around was flexible. Flexy blades are barricade defense and stiff blade for example sardius. Am I right? Thats what I know. Maybe im wrong.
Soft and hard was kinda the feeling. I ussualy notice it with the top ply or by the amount of dwell time. Softer blade are usually have higher dwell and hard blade have less..
Normal accoustic were soft. And woth the same construction it suppose to be arround the same. If it was harder than amultart that would be really strange.
Im a newbie. Maybe someone can tell regarding about this matter.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 6:53am
ZLC amultart have nothing in common with AC.

like thomason said AC should be compared to JM.

and JM is great blade indeed,quite fast unfortunattely
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by rkristia rkristia wrote:

@Thomasson
Regarding Snakefish's question about comparing AC to Arylate TBS:
So you felt that Acoustic carbon is actually softer than BTY Arylate carbon series? 

Now I am wondering why Acoustic carbon is much harder/stiffer than ZLC carbon (like I tested with BTY Amultart ZLC).

I dont know, must be your feeling?
The Amultart is like a brick compared to my Acoustic carbon. Less spin and no control in short game.
If you think the Acoustic Carbon feels harder, well thats your opinion, which I won't agree with.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 7:30am
Thomasson.
Regarding rkristia about the head balance.
Is it head heavy? And on what weight?
Thx
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 9:42am
The Acoustic Carbon is a bit head heavy with 2 Tenergy rubbers, but which blade isnt?
However it is less head heavy then a normal acoustic. Its comparable to an ALC or MJ with Tenergys.

I tried griptape from Nittaku on handle and will see if it affects feeling tomorrowevening.
Im not a big fan of tape however.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 9:57am
don't know if you've tried it but from the pictures I think it may feel similar to stiga v1 carbon............................................
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 9:59am
True. Aint no blade..
I see, it is more balance then..

On what part of the blade are you going to grip tape it?
Hopefully it doesn't alter too much. Kooj forward to hear that.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 10:00am
I have received one from Tabletennis11
FL, 87gr, 151 x 156 x 5.50

Fl handle doesn't feel as slim as 1st gen acoustic, a bit more comfy.
What stroke me at first is that it deffers from standard acoustic in size and thickness
My ST acoustic is 89gr, 151 x 154 x 5.80
see flwng pics
Carbon ply is in between limba plies like JMIzutani, Freitas and Maze, unlike Virtuoso carbon or Redshank where carbon ply is next to center core.
I will then rather compare this acoustic carbon to the three first iso the last two.
Should be able to give a first review by saturday.

acoustic vs acoustic carbon :
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:26pm
first  quick test yesterday evening. 
It is faster than maze and a tad slower than JM.
Touch and feel are fantastic !
Not head heavy. Perfect balance.Low throw angle. 
Fl handle is finally the same as original acoustic. In other words : slim.
I recommend the use if an overgrip.  Then, not a problem.
The main assset, imho, is 5.5mm thickness combined with carbon. It provides excellent feedback, but still Power and enough stiffness. No catapult effect, one gear blade. I suspect nittaku to have reduced thickness due to too much speed if keeping original specs. 
I will continue to test the blade for the next few days and then I will pass it over to a few selected french forumers. If it doesn' t take too long I plan to send it accross the atlantic to our fellow US members
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:48pm
is it vastly superior than the rossi emotion?

rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 9:48pm

Quote ...but still Power and enough stiffness. No catapult effect, one gear blade

Agreed! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic