Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar New Poly 40+ ball review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar New Poly 40+ ball review
    Posted: 07/11/2014 at 9:55am
So I had a knock with the new Tibhar 40+ plastic ball at the club with two friends for about 30min, doing both drills and a best of 5 game. Here are my impressions (which are shared by them as well):

* the ball has a visible seam
* the new ball is harder, feels a touch heavier
* when hitting the new ball, the sound is different
* the new ball bounces higher than the regular ball
* the new ball travels slower than the regular ball
* there is less spin on the new ball after playing a topspin shot

Overall, it was surprisingly easy to play with the new plastic ball. Higher bounce and less spin means that keeping the ball on the table is much easier. A spin-based attacker will need to work harder to spin the ball to the same degree as the regular 40mm ball. At the same time, blocking is almost effortless. 

IMHO, most people who like to rally will enjoy playing with the new ball. 3rd ball power attackers will need to hit the gym though ...

Tibhar New 40+ poly ball
Sponsored Links

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

So I had a knock with the new Tibhar 40+ plastic ball at the club with two friends for about 30min, doing both drills and a best of 5 game. Here are my impressions (which are shared by them as well):

* the ball has a visible seam
* the new ball is harder, feels a touch heavier
* when hitting the new ball, the sound is different
* the new ball bounces higher than the regular ball
* the new ball travels slower than the regular ball
* there is less spin on the new ball after playing a topspin shot

Overall, it was surprisingly easy to play with the new plastic ball. Higher bounce and less spin means that keeping the ball on the table is much easier. A spin-based attacker will need to work harder to spin the ball to the same degree as the regular 40mm ball. At the same time, blocking is almost effortless. 

IMHO, most people who like to rally will enjoy playing with the new ball. 3rd ball power attackers will need to hit the gym though ...

Tibhar New 40+ poly ball

The larger ball means less Rev's per sec so it will never spin like or at the same speed as the current 39.5MM ball.  More likely one will see various metal and composite blades introduced to drive the ball further in an attempt to overcome the increase air drag due to its larger size.  The men's game may look more like the current women's close to the table game.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 11:46am
A faster blade won't make the ball spin faster because of decreased dwell.

IMHO, someone built like Xu Xin, WLQ or Persson - with big strokes - will find it easier to impart comparable amounts of spin. 
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 12:26pm

IMHO, someone built like Xu Xin, WLQ or Persson - with big strokes - will find it easier to impart comparable amounts of spin. 

It did not happen between 38 and 40 ball size the reason is it takes longer to make a rev with the larger ball, very simple and with the additional air drag  further reduces the spin impact.  For those that play only the new ball then it becomes relative that is if someone's technique is better that generate more spin then the opponent it may make a difference but relative to the 40 mm ball the new 40+ will always have less spin.  As long as C ball is legal and available TT will be played on two different spin levels.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 3:24pm
NOBODY & NOTHING SHALL STOP ME..

Lazy people will always decry plastics, and the blockers will benefit greatly by plastics.

I developed my blocking skills for years, with celluloid, AND I'M A KING now with plastics.
So glad for all my followers, They gave me full confidence, they listened to my peculiar ideas and now we can rejoy fruits to the full, thanks to the plastics of course.
We, the army of absolute blokers, are all the happy dogs now, and the loopers came off the underdogs.

Mr, Sharara, my darling man, you're a genius thinker indeed.   
You promoted Blockers to the Top of The World.   Thanks.

I gonna to fill up my warehous brimful with dozens of plastics, and I will play this plastics endlessly long, nothing could stop me. Never.
I am all delighted. Yes.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 4:47pm
Thanks for the review!

There is Made in China print on the box.
Do you know which factory is responsible for their production?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 4:56pm

I expect them to raise the max sponge thickness.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Thanks for the review!

There is Made in China print on the box.
Do you know which factory is responsible for their production?

No idea. The bottom on the ball package has "XF AD" imprinted on it, but that could mean anything.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I expect them to raise the max sponge thickness.

Maybe. Didn't zeio once link to a research paper that stated that it is almost pointless to increase rubber thickness too much and that the current 2.2mm thickness is almost optimal?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Lazy people will always decry plastics, and the blockers will benefit greatly by plastics.

I developed my blocking skills for years, with celluloid, AND I'M A KING now with plastics.
So glad for all my followers, They gave me full confidence, they listened to my peculiar ideas and now we can rejoy fruits to the full, thanks to the plastics of course.
We, the army of absolute blokers, are all the happy dogs now, and the loopers came off the underdogs.

I gonna to fill up my warehous brimful with dozens of plastics, and I will play this plastics endlessly long, nothing could stop me. Never.
I am all delighted. Yes.

Your beloved blocks would become slower, higher and very much smashable with the new ball. In other words, "Цыплят по осени считают".

LaRedoute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRedoute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:16pm
"Lazy people will always decry plastics, and the blockers will benefit greatly by plastics."

AREN'T THE BLOCKERS THE LAZIEST PLAYERS? LOL

i just try to keep the ball short and low and don't feed them with my speed and spin and they start to make holes in the net :) recently i won against blocker on my level  without a single loop.. in the end my pushes down the line forced him to loop and i absolutely killed his ridiculously weak loops with flat hits.. of course it is a question of rating and skills but a blocker generally needs your speed and spin to use it against you.. just stop giving him what he need and force him to move his fat a%% for the pointLOL
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:30pm

I am all delighted. Yes.

I for one would like to see a video so we can all learn the blocking methods of The Master.  Of course you need to be able to return serve and get into the point before this helps you, but that's another point.  Also, what followers?  Maybe we can see videos of them instead.  Sharara a genius?  News to me.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 5:52pm
Mr Sharara can feel proud of the destruction of TT modern era. Thanks to his brightfull idea he has led TT into a plain/simple game which lacks the main essence it once had: spin

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Mr Sharara can feel proud of the destruction of TT modern era. Thanks to his brightfull idea he has led TT into a plain/simple game which lacks the main essence it once had: spin

The game won't be the same after the new plastic/poly ball, that is for sure. But I think you have not correct view about the "spin" connected with the new ball's topic.
Of course, there is possibility the level of spin to be lower than before, but it is not the most serious factor in the game with the new balls I think. Today I was OK with the spin and the new ball Xushaofa, as my partner send many balls out of the table because of the spin I produced with loops. But in these moments I did not use my regular loops, but something near to vertical loop like I am playing VS defender.
Then I felt myself like a player from the 60's. I posted some videos of Alser and Johansson before time and may be I need to watch them once again.

I am not sure why, but I think the worst thing with the new ball is the lower speed in loops and the different trajectory of the ball as all. Here is the problem - just different trajectory, because of the higher weight,size and lower speed, not so much the spin.
These are my own thoughts based on my own experience, nobody is obliged to share or believe in them until he try by himself these new balls.
The step is done. I can not decide by myself only from just one training if it is UP or DOWN, POSITIVE or NEGATIVE. We all will need a time before to make general conclusions.
It will be great to see how the TOP players will use this ball, then I will make conclusion for myself.

I will buy as soon is possible more and more different new balls until I find the most playable for myself. Old balls are "dead" for me yet.
If I find something new and useful I will share it here.
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 7:13pm
Hows the durability?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I am all delighted. Yes.

I for one would like to see a video so we can all learn the blocking methods of The Master.  Of course you need to be able to return serve and get into the point before this helps you, but that's another point.  Also, what followers?  Maybe we can see videos of them instead.  Sharara a genius?  News to me.

Blockers had better prospects of success in the 38 MM ball and speed glue era. Google Waldner blocks.

Edited by BH-Man - 07/11/2014 at 7:59pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 5:05am
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Hows the durability?

Easy to break with a single all power smash, especially if you don't shoot the table, but the cement floor... Smile
One friend said just a single hit with the blade's edge instead rubber was enough too.
On the box with Xushaofa balls there is a signature:
 More durable, one piece can be used as two Big smile
That is the most funny here as I don't think so, definitely.
One piece can be used as two, but only if you don't hit so strong.

I doubt for a serious tournament that ball could be used for even one single match with 7 games.
It will be hard I think after all the pressure.
I suppose only seamed poly balls could be more stronger, but I am still waiting to know from another forum members how are the things there.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 5:40am
The Tibhar ball is seamed, and seemed to survive smashing (against the table not cement floor :-)).
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 6:59am
Yes, I saw the picture in your review. May be I will test these balls soon.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 1:08pm

In other words, "Цыплят по осени считают".

A propos chickens, do the new balls break like eggs?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

In other words, "Цыплят по осени считают".

A propos chickens, do the new balls break like eggs?

LOL Nope, they definitely survive the "fork smash" test LOL
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Hows the durability?
We're still on the first one after 4hrs. Got hit by an edge a few times, smashed into the table and then the wall a few times too.

Either some people are really unlucky or I'm lucky, we'll see in a month I guess.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 4:01pm
What is the official price of these and what about a box with 120 pcs? Is this available with TIBHAR's poly balls?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 1:02am
ALL PLASTIC BALLS TOO FAR FROM PERFECTION.

THE Production Code XF AD   = 06 14 =June 2014.

ITTF BoD directive
--"All the balls 40+ marked as produced prior to January 2016 can not be used for ITTF official events whenever after the date.."

Speaking straighforwards, all the plastics to come on market nowdays are just a provisional, trial product to be perfected still further...

We can not take those underdone products seriously. Sorry.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 4:16am
Please provide the actual source - a URL to an official ITTF document.

For example, according to http://www.ittf.com/stories/Pictures/balls_14_14.pdf, there is no time limit of any kind on Tibhar 40+ SYNTT*** (Plastic with seam) balls.

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 6:27am
So, what is the price of these new TIBHAR balls and do you know if 120 pcs box is available?
Vardant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vardant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 6:42am
I've only seen a 72 pcs box, at least from Tibhar. $1.5 per ball. 
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Vardant Vardant wrote:

I've only seen a 72 pcs box, at least from Tibhar. $1.5 per ball. 

Hello, I'll be glad to see a link where I can buy 72 pcs from TIBHAR plastic balls for 1.5 USD (near 1.10 EUR) per piece, or 108 USD total (near 79.36 EUR), which is really good price I think for these new balls.
I checked the site of TIBHAR, but there is no plastic balls posted there for now.
This is very strange.
Only the JPS+ are available, they are 100 balls in box, made in Japan, but they are not plastic I think.
One ball of them cost "only 1.98 EUR". Very solid price.
http://store.tibhar.com/en/Balls-Accessories/JPS-100-pack.html
Another offer from TIBHAR with 72 pcs box with 3 *** balls on their site is this one:
http://store.tibhar.com/en/Balls-Accessories/3-star-ball-72-pack.html
Here the price for one ball is 1.27 EUR after calculation.

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 8:16am
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 8:27am
Thanks! That is OK 1.31 EUR per ball, but the offer posted without link from Verdant was more interesting ( 1.10 EUR per piece) Star
I noticed after a short searching they are offering also the new Joola plastic 40+ balls named SUPER-P.
http://www.contra.de/product_info.php/info/p13467_Joola-Ball-Super-P-3-Star-72er.html
It will be really great if someone in Germany (as they have everything from each brand first) just to make fast comparison between all the balls after test and to give us info which ball is the most playable, no matter of the price.
What I felt after some hours with the Xushaofa's balls I can't recommend to other players.
I am wondering where are Butterfly and what they are waiting for...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic