FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Poly Balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 11:35am
The rest of our stuff cleared customs and CEO Bogey is sending me some stuff, I get some stuff soon and should be able to weigh 12 at a time calibrated scale before adding the balls and try this with a few different base cups and get an average weight from the 12 balls down to .01 gram or less accuracy +/- .01 gram. My scale measures to .1 gram increments.

If anyone has a scale increments of .01 grams and can measure all 6 or 12 at a time that would be great too.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 11:41am
My scales easily do that.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

As to XSF braking on me more frequently than for others, it could be because I play a lot with a ~2300 junior who hits very hard and often with edges, and he's responsible for breaking 3 of my 4 cracked XSF balls.   I actually gave him one of my Nexy balls last night, after we played with it for a while, and asked him to use it as much as possible over the next few days to see how long it will take him to crack it.  I know this experiment is non-scientific, but I'm really curious about the result anyway :o)

So, I found out that the junior managed to crack the Nexy ball I gave him  on Tuesday ... which unscientifically proves that it's not the ball brand or playing conditions, but the player type ("Poly-Ball-Terminator") was the main reason for worse plastic ball durability at our club :o)

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">

Edited by VictorK - 02/05/2015 at 3:41pm
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 3:44pm
Did the junior crack cell balls as well?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Did the junior crack cell balls as well?

No, I can't recall him cracking celluloid balls more frequently than other players.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 4:25pm
In time you will know how they compare, when you play with several people.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 12:36am
I am not sure whether it is good to come here and write or not.
Though I think I can say some small things, as long as I don't interupt too much to become annoying.

The weight of NEXY balls have no problem.
It is rather lighter than you might guess.
I think some day, people will post more information with their scale result.
The feeling comes from the material's difference.

NEXY ball does not contain much extra chemicals compared with other brand balls, and the feeling comes from that raw material.
So, it has plastic feeling.
And that feeling is heavier than other brand balls' ones.

Personally, the key issue about what ball is good, I think, heavily relies on the feeling.
So, NEXY ball was carefully studied about that, and you have the result now in the market.
Brand Manager of NEXY
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 1:16am
It's no secret, with every kind of plastic balls(seamed, seamless, Japanese Chinese ) edge=crack.

I couldn't break any of my xushuoafa *** balls but my stupid friend (in his defense he wasn't playing for a while ) cracked two of them in 5 minutes...    
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 6:41pm
JUST EAT IT..

No two minds about it,,
--People shall leave moaning over the number of plastic balls destructed as soon as plastic gets down in price.

I used to never keep a count of celluloid breackage for celluloid is a cheap staff.   A cheap commodity , not worthy a single mention.

Please take a note, -- Plastic is now getting even cheaper than celuloid.      one factory of China does offer ITTF APPROVED plastic at 0.5 $ a piece. The cheapest price ever.

Don't go in for a fool's job, dont get worry over the balls gone. Balls are just a consumery, just the meat of the game to be eated in plenty every day.   

AGAIN, He looks an oddy, INSANE character who would go crying in loud voice over the meat he eats at dinner.,. Psycho ailing..
JUST EAT IT !!!

Edited by igorponger - 02/06/2015 at 6:57pm
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

JUST EAT IT.. 
Don't go in for a fool's job, dont get worry over the balls gone. Balls are just a consumery, just the meat of the game to be eated in plenty every day.   
JUST EAT IT !!!

....so your saying the supposed meat substance in a big mac is no worse than a ny strip steak from a backyard grill?   

.....just eat it little johnny....its just meat!   Pig
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 11:48am
I love the seamless balls. I never liked having seams. I realize celluloid balls are more elastic, which results in less variance between impact on the seamed area, but still . . . there was a difference, even if slight. Having no seam, especially in the poly ball age (less elasticity) makes sense and looks much cooler. I think the reason companies are manufacturing a seamed poly ball is because they have the machines and technique and don't want to change. Also, players . . . humans in general . . . are resistant to change, even if it's a change for the better. Tzai has spoken. ;-)
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 1:50pm
I call such a thing in the military the "RTC Factor" since many in military resist change as well.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 9:46pm
I got my 12 balls in from Florida and weighed all 12 at the same time after calibrating scale to accomodate the packaging.

I did it 3 times and got all 3 weights the same at low end of 33.4 grams for 12 balls.

That is 2.78 grams per ball.

Funny the technical leaflet from IITF says 2.7 grams and not 2.70 or 2.71 grams.

Hmmmm.

I would be interested to see the weight of 6 or 12 balls using a scal that measures to .01 grams. Mine only goes to .1 gram...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 9:52pm
Here is the area that addresses it, I didn't reaad down far enough.

So my scale shows they are on high end of spec just a hair over. I hope my scale is measuring .02 gram heavy. Hard to tell as it is cheap scale, but I think it indicates weight is on the very upper part of what is allowed. I would love to see someone do it on a real good expensive scientific scale.

B.1 Weight Conformity

Law 2.3.2 specifies 2.7g, but any weight between 2.67 and 2.77g is acceptable for any one ball. No more than 1 ball out of the 24 sampled may be outside this range. The sample mean must be between 2.69 and 2.76g. In carrying out statistical calculations we treat any weights less than 2.60g or greater than 2.85g as outliers.

For non-celluloid balls, until January 1, 2016: Any weight between 2.65 and 2.82g is acceptable for any one ball, as well as for the sample mean.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 10:14pm
With very accurate balances, the other seamless balls are just a touch lower than you are getting, in the range of around 2.74-2.76.  Stevenliang has some posts here you can see.  I would be surprised if Nexy is very different.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 10:44pm
I played with my new Nexy balls last night and liked them.  I only used one for 45 minutes, but will use them for 5 hours tomorrow to see how they last.  I have a feeling that they are a very good ball.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 10:47pm
played with these balls for the first time tonight. Thankfully they were all round unlike the other balls i've tried. other club members were asking where i got them and i gladly pointed them in the right way. NOBODY in our club uses xsf and most of them just use the old 40mm premium nittakus. i feel this ball may have converted a few though
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:49am
Thank you (NoRema and mts388) for positive feedback.

I played them for about 5 weeks. Players at club love them and have no reason to find/test any other balls.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 11:29am
bogey, is there a site where I can buy a box?
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 12:58pm
NEXYUSA.com
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:57pm
I think he means in bulk
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 3:48pm
No, I just meant a few boxes.  I have about 150 really good XSF balls.  I just want to try the NExy to compare. Thanks for the info.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 4:13pm
I ordered some last week for the same reason.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I ordered some last week for the same reason.

Let us know what you think of the Nexy balls after you've had a chance to play with them few times.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 8:10am
Anyone else had a chance to play with the Nexy poly balls recently?
If so, I'm curious whether your observations about playing characteristics and durability are similar or different from mine (in the initial post).

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 8:36am
Not yet.  I ordered some.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 10:39am
Let me just comment here that if all companies offered the same sort of customer service as bogeyhunter and BH-man at Nexy USA, the world would be a better place. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 7:16pm
I received the Nexy Balls from Bogeyhunter et al at Nexy USA who provide amazing customer service.  Ten thumbs up.  If you possibly can, you should support one of our members here. 

The Nexy Polyballs that I received were very good by any standard, that is the bottom line. 

However, they are as far as any of us could tell over about three hours, identical in their playing properties to XSF balls that were made in April.  When the ball was changed randomly we could not discern in free play or drills whether the ball in play was an XSF or the Nexy*.  (By we, I mean four players ranging from 2000 to 2400).  I have no idea when the Nexy Balls were made because no matter how hard I looked, I could not find the four-letter code on the box (I literally also took out a magnifying glass, still couldn't find it).  Their similarity also showed up in static bounce tests.  I can't say much about durability in one session of several hours, but I can say that the amount of wear after that was exactly what I have seen in the past for XSF (which means these balls are in much better shape after one session than a Nittaku Premium 40+).

That should not be regarded as criticism.  I like XSF balls (long-timers on this site will know that I was singing their praises before pretty much anyone else) and I liked these.  They were perfectly round, bright white and easy to see, excellent high bounce, and in short a perfect example of the seamless balls that are made from this factory.  You should have no hesitation to use them, but don't expect something new and better.

*Right after that, I played with a Nittaku Premium 40* and immediately noticed the difference and had a little trouble adjusting in time to do well in a couple of matches with it.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 7:31pm
nexy balls are harder than butterfly, nittaku poly balls. quality is top notch.They are similar if not better than XSF in my book. 

Edited by viva - 02/21/2015 at 7:32pm
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I received the Nexy Balls from Bogeyhunter et al at Nexy USA who provide amazing customer service.  Ten thumbs up.  If you possibly can, you should support one of our members here. 

The Nexy Polyballs that I received were very good by any standard, that is the bottom line. 

However, they are as far as any of us could tell over about three hours, identical in their playing properties to XSF balls that were made in April.  When the ball was changed randomly we could not discern in free play or drills whether the ball in play was an XSF or the Nexy*.  (By we, I mean four players ranging from 2000 to 2400).  I have no idea when the Nexy Balls were made because no matter how hard I looked, I could not find the four-letter code on the box (I literally also took out a magnifying glass, still couldn't find it).  Their similarity also showed up in static bounce tests.  I can't say much about durability in one session of several hours, but I can say that the amount of wear after that was exactly what I have seen in the past for XSF (which means these balls are in much better shape after one session than a Nittaku Premium 40+).

That should not be regarded as criticism.  I like XSF balls (long-timers on this site will know that I was singing their praises before pretty much anyone else) and I liked these.  They were perfectly round, bright white and easy to see, excellent high bounce, and in short a perfect example of the seamless balls that are made from this factory.  You should have no hesitation to use them, but don't expect something new and better.

*Right after that, I played with a Nittaku Premium 40* and immediately noticed the difference and had a little trouble adjusting in time to do well in a couple of matches with it.

It's really funny how at your club everyone thought Nexy and XSF balls played identical, while in our club players felt there where distinguishable differences between them - perhaps we use different batch of XSF balls ... or the difference is just in your heads, LOL

Btw, did you you try to weigh the balls on your super-accurate scale?

Anyway, regardless of whether there's a difference, it looks like we agree that both balls are high quality, round and have very pleasant playing characteristics.

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic