Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess the rating game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 7:27am
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Why is it that I can't find him with the search function?

the box for us citizen is checked
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Sponsored Links

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

i know the guys so i will remain silent ;)
Yeah, and lefty's name is written on the back of his shirt too... Wink
If you can read Russian/Slavic script, sure.  I just decided to trust my lying eyes.   I love his wrist/arm usage so I find it hard to miss even with my eyes closed.
=======================
The spelling of his name is not quite right in English.
Same as NextLevel, I also trust my lying eyes.

*** If you know who is 2006 US Open Winner. He defeated Wilson Zhang (of Canada) in the final. ***

For me, the distinctive half step to the right head dip motion just before returning serve gave his identity away. Almost like dabbing without the forearm to the forehand. 
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

man this illegal serve thing slowly starts to bother me.nowadays I see it all the time under every video. I get that people complain about someone like per garell, cause even the pros complain about him, but it is used way too often. It's like in the fitness industry, where everyone gets accused of using steroid even if they clearly aren't. People don't appreciate their game anymore, they rather look for something to complain. That's not a good mindset!
It's not that I don't appreciate their play; I do.  But I look at the video and wonder what would it be like to play someone at that level.  The first question is whether I can even return their serve, and then I see that the serve is hidden anyway.  It doesn't matter if they have a 2800 level serve because it's hidden anyway.

I think it's perfectly possible to admire someone's feats even while condemning them for breaking the rules.  And then there's the more general discussion about why aren't the rules enforced (but this wasn't a tournament video), which I won't get into.
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 2:01pm
Keep in mind that I am positioned quite low while I record the video, I think that during the game, from the opponent's point of view, Jevtovic's serves are visible (not trying to defend anyone).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic