Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multi Ball Training: Pros and Cons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 2:56pm
i only emphasize these 3 key items when feeding: control, tempo, and repitition. if a feeder can't do that, then they need to practice.

the point that i am trying to get across (1 ball vs multi feed) is that it cuts down on the "downtime". by downtime, i refer to bad hits, going to pick up the ball every time, lack of muscle memory/repitition, and most importantly a crazy old asian man yelling at you
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Sponsored Links

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by Rack Rack wrote:

I must know alot of magical gifted people then!  But great counter point... back to what you were saying Bee... as you said... multiball pushes the limits of how fast you can move.... do you think a 1200 player can push you to that limit consistently to actually make use of that training?  Most 1200 players I know push and push... and push... maybe make 1 FH outta 5.  You can totally learn how to loop underspin correctly with 1 ball.  Also you say it simulates match conditions beyond normal consistency which is totally correct... I agree... but would you face anyone in the lower levels that consistent?  And like I said... I totally agree multiball is important... just later around 1500+ when you actually see people have the skill to push you that far.

getting to 1650 in 3 weeks? you know a lot of people like that? California is where it's at lol.

But I was agreeing with you- under a certain level it's not as big of a deal. Like you said- most guys at 1200 aren't going to give you conistent balls, they don't even know what they are doing half the time. But for overal development with a goal of getting to somewhat of a high level i think it's a necessity. I personally feel like in my game right now, I'm not going to get much better unless i really start doing things like that. I've gotten better in the last year simply by becoming better at reading the game. I need more robotic drilling now. The thing that hurts is that most people are too lazy to drill or multiball. They are happy playing matches. I almost want to teach my girlfriend how to feed haha.

Yeah I know a few people who hit 1600 with minimal training and coaching.  The 1650 guy works in the same company and I just taught him basics... FH FH Drill, BH BH drill, basic strokes, basic pushing, basic serving, how to use Chinese rubber, basic tactics.  Within 2 days he was doing FH FH drill rock solid to my amazement.  Then I taught him how to forehand loop... within 1-2 weeks his loop power and spin he could generate was insanely strong... even higher than my own because he does MMA training so his explosive leg strength is pretty crazy.  Week 3 he started going to TT clubs and played here doing pure gameplay.  He was just overpowering people with his FH.  Any low level push, he could loop kill at a amazing rate for someone with 3 weeks experience.  He did have trouble when I made him face my friend Nick (Comeglan) on MyTT... whos around 1800 and gave him more heavier spinny balls.  But being able to beat 1600 level players in 3 weeks is amazing to me starting from scratch.  I know people who been playing for years and aren't 1600.

And I totally agree with you about needing multiball once you hit consistent opponents which was what I was trying to get through to everyone.  Around 1500 and up... people are starting to hit the level where they can push you to your speed limits.  1500 and under... they don't really know what they're doing.  Not having Multiball training in the higher levels can seriously limit you in certain aspects but it's still not a end all.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 3:44pm
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

i only emphasize these 3 key items when feeding: control, tempo, and repitition. if a feeder can't do that, then they need to practice.

the point that i am trying to get across (1 ball vs multi feed) is that it cuts down on the "downtime". by downtime, i refer to bad hits, going to pick up the ball every time, lack of muscle memory/repitition, and most importantly a crazy old asian man yelling at you

LOL I totally agree... but theres another "Con" to that that I mentioned earlier.  Alot of multiball you get into a good rhythm and stuff works.  In real game play, people will delay or do something to get you out of rhythm... so being able to adapt your multiballing to actual gameplay is critical.  Thats really hard to do under 1500 when almost everything does not come in rhythm... but more random.  Over 1500... it gets much easier when other people can at least begin to match the consistency.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 3:47pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:49pm
again a good point =). good think i get my girls to play games in between practices too. we have them play 2 rounds of around the world followed by 1 game against controled blocks
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:55pm
So I thought of this to sum up my entire point while I was driving into work... to make my point as easy as possible.

Multiballing is a supplement training method to actual Gameplay and quite effective.  However, Multiballing is not required for you to become a great amateur player.  On the other hand, Actual Gameplay experience is required and vital to becoming a great amateur player.

You can easily be a great player with only Actual game play experience and 0 multiball experience... but it's VERY VERY difficult to become a great player if your Multiball experience is high but your Gameplay experience is low. 

So taking those 2 points into mind... Gameplay experience will always be more important than Multiballing at lower levels and in ways even higher levels but you will suffer and limit yourself a little if you do not start multiballing by around 1500.  Anything under that... its definitely not required no matter what Yogi and his ITTF handbook says.

Be realistic with your goals and don't be afraid to tell a coach how you think you would learn better.  A coach can suggest methods to teach you... but it's up to the player to give the coach feedback if it's working or not.  The coach works for you... not the other way around... if one way doesn't work, you have every right to ask him/her for alternative methods you think would help you learn better.  Only you as a person truly know what methods really jell with the way you learn stuff.  A coach is there to support you... not push you into one singular direction.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 4:12pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:56pm

again a good point =). good think i get my girls to play games in between practices too. we have them play 2 rounds of around the world followed by 1 game against controled blocks

Yeah thats awesome... Playing with girls is always fun...  we need more girls in the TT community!

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 4:04pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 4:05pm
it's just so tough......=/ recruiting girls is near impossible. plus from a college standpoint, it's not very popular....

Edited by tpgh2k - 09/12/2011 at 4:06pm
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 4:10pm

it's just so tough......=/ recruiting girls is near impossible. plus from a college standpoint, it's not very popular....

Yeah seriously... I know what you mean.  I trained a few up to around 1200 then they just stopped which was a shame.  It's always fun to get out of the monotony of a "sausage" fest if you know what I mean. LOL

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 5:50pm
I still maintain that multiball is an exellent method, regardless of level. Sure, if you are 1200 and want to improve for the tournament next week, then it might not be the best method, but if you want to continue to improve your game over time, then, if it's done properly, no other method beats multiball.
The holy grail
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

At any level en especially in the beginning there is nothing better than multiball to learn:

-proper form
-footwork
-recovery from fh to fh, fh to bh, bh to bh and bh to fh
-feeling the groove when into the rhythm of a drill

maybe a robot can do things close to multiball but you can't replace an experieinced ball feeder with a piece of harware and software. The experience with a ball feeder will always be superior.

Playing matches in conjunction of multiball training is necessary though. I know many people who look so good in multiball training and can't really play even close in a match. Both must be forced to merge on a continuous basis for best results.

"I know many people who look so good in multiball training and can't really play even close in a match."

Exactly my point when you rely on overmultiball and don't put enough match play experience.  That's exactly what I see in alot of coached players... too much simulated multiball... not enough match play... and they can't keep it close in a match even with all that extensive multiball training.  Multiball training is a supplement.  No matter how much you get awesome at multiballing... nothing replaces true match play experience.  Multiballing is fine... but you MUST have more match play experience as it's just more required to be good.  This where many of the amateur coached players meet their down fall... too much multiball... not enough match play.

"-feeling the groove when into the rhythm of a drill"

Thats another one of the cons as I said... in real games people don't let you get into a rhythm.  They do anything possible to not let you feel like your in your training session or multiball drill.  It's the smart thing to do.

If anything, to fix this if I really wanted to multiball someone and "simulate"... I would let them get into a rhythm for a few balls... then make them miss... stop... make them pick up a ball or 2... and return... see how they recover.  Do they miss the first few balls?  Or can they return to their rhythm.  Now that would be much more accurate but I don't see any coaches doing this.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 6:22pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 6:32pm
And thats great!  But under 1500... you don't need tons of cardio, footwork, rhythm... the under 1500 game is pretty slow... lots of slow pushes... lots of weird spin... lots of weird baiting for errors, lots of "babying" shots because they don't have to confidence/consistency to full power it yet.  If someone can't keep up at that pace... then heck they need to go lose weight by running and working out because the under 1500 game is pretty darn slow.  Over 1500 is when cardio, footwork, rhythm begin to start showing as heavy necessity. 

As TPGH said... most under 1500's barely know what they're doing other than pushing... maybe a trick serve, and inconsistent FH's and BH's openings + finishes.  All you need is to be consistent/controlled... don't try to kill everything... and be precise.  Basically limit unforced errors because people will be baiting you to "kill" balls.  You can still safely "dink" balls in knowing that its almost a 50 50 chance for the opponent to do a unforced error.  You can still win by lobbing balls because people don't train that.  Multiball is definitely not "critical" to learning those points but actually playing those people is more a "critical need".  Multiball CAN help you learn (its supplemental!)... but its not required... especially not as much as Yogi says it does.

Like I said... you can get to 1500 with 0 multiball and all match play experience.  Many people who never get formalized coaching can easily achieve that and its done every day because not everyone can afford a coach to multiball them.  Again, you don't really see non coached people bringing a tub of balls to multiball with.  So again... it's not that critical if you don't multiball...much like you don't see everyone doing the "China" training.  We all know that the training can help... but its not required for what most amateur players want which is to enjoy the game. 

I see alot of people saying multiball is hands down THE best way for beginners to learn... if this were true... why don't we see everyone multiballing (coached and non coached players)?  Wouldn't it just be established that everyone needs to learn how to feed... everyone needs to learn how to multiball?  Just like everyone needs to learn the FH FH and BH BH drill?  Fact of the matter is... the majority do not multiball yet they are still able to achieve good playing levels even when they are able to feed... albeit slower... but still they are able to feed.

AGAIN!... I am not saying multiball doesn't help... it does... I'm saying its not required... I can't make this clear enough!

Let's be realistic with what we see in the clubs...  if multiballing was THAT important... every single person would catch on and be bringing in tubs of balls to try to multiball just like how people EJ in the lower levels... because they think it helps their game improve.  If people can afford to EJ... then they could surely buy 20-30 balls.  If multiballing alone was a free ticket to being a great player... EVERYONE would be doing it.  But it's not... and the majority of amateur players don't do it.... it doesn't stop them from being good players.  And it's not because people can't feed because as people said in prior posts... you can still feed slow and still be able to multiball... yet people still don't do it.

You can not get to a consistent 1500 with only heavy multiball and very little to 0 match play experience... I've never seen that happen.  So again... in the lower levels... Match play experience is more important and critical than multiballing just for the fact above.

After 1500, multiball becomes more a critical need along with match play... around 60% match play... 40% multiball.  Thats when you really start needing the cardio, footwork, rhythm because people will start really pushing you that far instead of just "keeping it on the table" like under 1500's do.  That when you'll need the experience + the training to be able to beat certain people.

Agree on that?  Thats about as clear as I can make it lol.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 7:27pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 7:45pm

" i coach not because i follow my students wants but i see to it they learn what they need to learn by doing multiball in a session plus other things. "

"and who told you that i do not ask my students about their goals?"

You told me this using the first phrase.  You don't care what your student wants... only what you feel they need.

And how am I giving Assumptions? 

*because what they need as a player is more important than what they want! 

I'm giving you real scenarios of people I knew who actually sought coaching and their goals and testing you to see how you as a coach would handle the situation. All you're saying... did you read the book?  What about the book?  What are your sources?  This is a good example how 1 dimensional the book makes you.  You also ask how would I know their goals... well guess what... THEY TOLD ME!  I don't have to read a book to ask someone... what are your goals?  Does your book cover asking people?  Clearly it doesn't because you don't care what their agenda is per your own words... only what you feel the need.

*ahmm it is the coaches responsibility as a trainer to see to it that the students learn what they NEED to learn not what they want to LEARN! so you would teach a student to loop when they cant even do a proper fh or bh stroke??

I told you lessons are expensive here in the US... then you went on about poor people and trying to side step the money issue saying you teach for free.  Unfortunately coaches aren't free in the US and other parts of the world... they're quite expensive.  And cost is a HUGE factor in coaching as well as how many lessons you buy.  Most people I know only buy 1-2 if you're lucky within a span of months.

*would it cost me too much if i ask you how he plays since you are planning to beat him im sure you know what are his common strokes and things he does and then apply it starting on the things with a multiball session? then with table drills and match plays?

You're going to multiball me based on word of mouth descriptions?  Thats the high quality coaching your ITTF book advocates?  You would have no clue how to multiball a style of a person based on word of mouth.  What if I told you his movements threw me off... how would you multiball that without seeing his movements?  How would you know where he places the ball, how spinny they are, how powerful they are?  How would you multiball any of it without observing the player I wanted to beat with me playing him?  Thats the ONLY way for you to truly identify all the different areas and if multiball is suitable or not.

*so the words that comes out of your mouth are not trustworthy then so i should not believe the words when i ask you? basing on your arguements above if i cant see him play then what is the point of asking me to coach because you think i didnt see him play then i cant multiball you? so i t means i cant also teach you how to play because i didnt see him play?

This is a good scenario of where your coaching method makes no sense per the needs and goal of the student.  Per what you just said... you would just "guess" to your best of your ability based on what I said.  You say your multiball can be a accurate simulation... How accurate do you think you could make your simulation if you have never seen this person I wanted to beat playing me?

*how in the hell will you reach your goal if in the first place your perceived needs arent met? tell me pls? 

If i said his shots were spinny... how do you know my ranges for what I feel is "spinny"?  Would you waste 5 minutes of lesson time feeding me different balls and getting my opinion?  Same for all the other variables you would have to figureout to give me a accurate simulation.  You could spend the whole lesson alotted time just trying to figure out what my word of mouth description means.  And what if I told you I had no clue why I do so bad against him (which is what some people say when they are totally baffled), would you just make up some random multiball plan and hope it helps me against him?  Thats a very "vague" way to train and I don't think any students I know would pay $40 an hour for that.  So again I say...

*ahmm adjusting the spin of a stroke is not that hard to do in a multiball

You say your multiball can be a accurate simulation... How accurate do you think you could make your simulation if you have never seen this person I wanted to beat playing me?  How accurate can it be if you never played the person yourself to actually feel the types of balls he puts out.  We all know watching isn't a accurate barometer.  Did the ITTF book forget to mention this particular scenario?  or did it assume I would be your student for more than 1 session?  Take into account that alot of people base if they want to come back for more lessons per how you handle the first lesson and you just missed a ton of IMPORTANT points you needed to know to give your multiball simulation.  That doesn't give the student alot of confidence in the simulation you're going to provide.

*you are a bit choosy on your answer and you pick only one of my sources.. why is it you exclude my 2 other sources who are the more credible sources? they have lots of experience than you. you would tell me you have 2  years of multiballing but your experience is tiny compared to people who have coached for their life and it isnt what they teach. using your logic again about the book saying the world is flat i will also believe its flat then maybe during your childhood days you shouldnt learn your abc's, believe that the earth is round, 1=1 = 2 etc because the books says so? is that it? or you are being selective and double standards on your posts?

Now heres my point that I've been trying to make to you the ENTIRE time... in a scenario like this, what if you were able to actually watch me play him and correct me as I was playing him?  Would that not be better than your simulation?  Which would help me more if I only bought 1 lesson from you?  The real thing + the tips and correction you can provide.... or your simulation which you wouldn't have a clue and would be based on guesses and assumptions?

*there is this thign called table drills and practice plays that if players have difficulty about a certain part of the match they would practice this scenario over and over again. before doing that they do multiballs to practice the foots works. isnt that a simulation? if basing on what you say about your opponent you have difficulty doing this and that against his sudden movements and then you practice play against that style for example, isnt that sort of a simulation also? 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 7:58pm
You can use a single ball, but it will take a much longer time because you are just going to be picking up balls. And drilling in bad technique into muscle memory, when they use bad technique to keep the ball on the table. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 8:11pm
kenney that is the point there. rack is saying that multiballs should not be used for beginners because he is more concerned with his techniques rather than his basics. so why is basics is given much emphasis in china even in beginners using multiballs again??? rack will answer, not everyone can multiball or you dont see everyone multiball in clubs in the us. so because rack thinks because everybody doesnt not multiball or most ppl do not he automatically thinks that multiball is not good for beginners, great! he does not want to use the china way arguement because it proves him he is wrong. he will just go back to his arguement i cant afford a good coach this and that. it only proves that this is only his opinion and it is never founded on anything solid. nor he has any real formal coaching experience to say this. the number of people not doing multiballs in the states do not affect the fact that multiballing is needed for beginners! that is the point here! givig the arguement that you can develop a player to 1500 with no multiball is also a flawed arguement because we are talking about the importance of multiball on teaching it to beginners! the issue of its availability is not the point here but its importance, if you are not able to find a coach who can give you a multiball drill it does not affect that FACT that multiball is important to beginners. that is the ideal situan, if you can find a coach to give you multiballs for basics as a beginner then it is the best thing! that is the point of the arguements here. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 8:28pm
Haha how many times do I have to tell you... I never said it wasn't good for beginners.  I said only multiball training ALONE is not good for beginners.  I said Match Play takes a higher priority than multiball.  Get it through your thick skull instead of just being so 1 dimensional with your little coaching book.  There are MULTIPLE ways to do things.... not just YOUR way. 

Stop trying to push your China training agenda... not everyone trains like they do in China.  Not everyone goes to table tennis school or has the time to multiball everyday.  Is it that hard to understand... people just play just to play instead of being multiballed to hell?  You're using China as the example... are the players in the USA the same as Chinese Players?  Do they share the same lifestyle?  Is table tennis in the USA anywhere NEAR important as it is in China?  Do you REALLLLY think the average club player comes to the club to multiball? 

Thats utterly ridiculous to expect EVERYONE to train to same way.  If people trained in the USA like they trained in China... there would be no reason many top players in the US travel to China to train if the training was EXACTLY the same.  It's a COMPLETELY different culture.

Is the Chinese training realistic for average club player in the US who maybe buys 1-2 lessons?  How many BAD HABITS they've been doing for years do you think you can fix in 1-2 hours time?  You think multiballing them for 2 hours will fix BAD HABITS they've had for years?  You're using a situation that is completely different from REALITY!  OPEN YOUR MIND and ADAPT instead of pushing your little agenda.  Understand that what you want... is not what everyone wants.

You say multiball is SOOOOO important and utterly required.  Why can players hit 1500 with ZERO multiball? Are you saying the majority of the worlds table tennis players have all done multiball since its sooo important?  If you are you're totally not in touch with reality and the average club player.  And you say...

"the issue of its availability is not the point here but its importance, if you are not able to find a coach who can give you a multiball drill it does not affect that FACT that multiball is important to beginners"

How can availability not be important????  ANYONE can multiball.  ANYONE can buy a tub of balls and feed to another person.  They might feed at a slower pace than a advanced player... they might not be as accurate in their simulation... but ANYONE can feed.  It's not rocket science to hit a ball to someone to hit.  Yet no average club players do it without coaching.... you haven't answered why yet... OR does your little ITTF book not tell you why?  Maybe its because NOT EVERYONE MULTIBALLS because they feel its NOT NECESSARY for what they want to achieve.

You say in the other response... you train for what they need....

What if you can't fix it?  Not everyone can have PERFECT form and PERFECT strokes like highly trained players.  Especially people who started training late who have had bad habits for YEARS.  Believe it or not... the majority of the world DOES NOT go through any training at all.  You think everyone goes through stroke training?  So if they tell you they want to loop with their imperfect form... you'll refuse to teach them?  Thats why your 1 dimensional coaching makes no sense.  Instead of seeing the students circumstances and whats realistic... you only have a singular goal to China train them.

Who are you to decide what different people CAN and CAN NOT do?  Believe it or not... most people play the game... TO HAVE FUN.  NOT to be told you MUST multiball... especially if they can readily achieve their goals without it.

"using your logic again about the book saying the world is flat i will also believe its flat then"

Thats exactly why you're such a horrible coach regardless of how much experience you have.  All you believe is what you read in a book instead of REALITY and REALISTIC situations of students.  Such a narrowminded way to see things.  The fact that you need a ITTF Coaching Guide is already laughable.  If you're soo high and mighty with years of experience... you wouldn't need a guide to tell you what to do.  No coach here carries a ITTF coaching guide... they'ed get laughed outta the building.

This is why you can't understand that the average person plays the game just to play the game.  Not to be multiballed or to follow your lil ITTF manual of how they should be.  You don't understand the individuality of people and that EVERYONE is unique... EVERYONE is different.  The fact that you disregard that and push your ITTF book and your training on them even if they don't wish that style of training is just insulting. 

If someone comes to you and pays you... YOU work for THEM.  If you don't like it?  You can GTFO.  If they say NO to something... you DO NOT FORCE IT UPON THEM.  You find another way to do it.  Or does your ITTF manual... or your years of experience not teach you that? 

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 9:11pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

You can use a single ball, but it will take a much longer time because you are just going to be picking up balls. And drilling in bad technique into muscle memory, when they use bad technique to keep the ball on the table. 

What makes you think you'll be drilling bad techniques if the coach is watching you and correcting you?

As for picking up balls... won't you have to pick up balls in a real match?  Is that not a realistic way to train?  And why would you have to pick up balls?  You could have a tub of balls on the side and still play practice points instead of multiball drills without stopping much.  Thats how alot of clubs do it.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 9:03pm

What makes you think you'll be drilling bad techniques if the coach is watching you and correcting you?

As for picking up balls... won't you have to pick up balls in a real match?  Is that not a realistic way to train?  And why would you have to pick up balls?  You could have a tub of balls on the side and still play practice points instead of multiball drills without stopping much.  Thats how alot of clubs do it.

Thats basically skipping a step in learning, for some people this can work. But not everyone's ability is the same. Many would benefit from taking it slow with multiball and working it up into a rally. 
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 9:08pm

Thats basically skipping a step in learning, for some people this can work. But not everyone's ability is the same. Many would benefit from taking it slow with multiball and working it up into a rally. 

How is that skipping a step?  You can't FH FH drill with 1 ball?  You can't BH BH drill with one ball?  I believe thats how the majority of people learn when they first start.  Ball flies out?  They pick up the ball and keep going.  Like I said... you don't see everyone coming into a club with a tub of balls.  You see people with 1 ball... and they drill and play.

But sure... I 100% agree with you that it may work for some and not work for others.  And thats the entire point Yogi does not see.  He automatically sees... "its not what China or the ITTF book says so its automatically wrong" which is ignorant and 1 dimensional.  Are we suppose to ignore something that may work fantastic for someone because a book says for you to do it another way that may not work as well for that specific person?

When I use to watch Cheng Yi Du (Ex Chinese Provincial player and current high level player out here in California) and his partner train (FH FH then BH BH then practice points) at our club a year or so ago... how many balls do you think he brought to drill with?  1... 3 star ball.  That's it.  You don't believe me?  Ask Ohhgourami, or CAGarageSales or ComegLan... they watched them too.  And at the club we had carts and carts of balls free for everyone to use... yet they still used one 1 ball.  It fell off the table? They picked it up... kept going.  If Yogi was there and ran up to them and demanded they multiball... they woulda just looked at him and ignored him for trying to force something on them.

Point is Kenneyy... be realistic and think of typical everyday players you see.  Do you really see normal everyday players hauling in a tub of balls to the club and start multiball drilling with friends?  Is Yogi's vision of everyone multiballing China/Euro style realistic? Or do you see people bring 1 ball... and do what they gotta do until it breaks?

Like I said... him and his ITTF handbook are not in touch with reality... just what they perceive people need.  It's a guide but its like the bible to him... no table tennis player can not follow it or they aren't "correct."  The reality of real average people however... paints a different story.  Yet they choose to ignore it.  If they are stubborn enough to only walk down one road without even exploring others... then nothing I, or other people tell them will make them open their minds.  They will continue to force everyone down their one road because they feel anything other than their road... is the wrong road.  Much like a Dictatorship. 

We live in a free world where we can choose what road is best for us.  It's OUR choice... we don't have to be forced down one road just because Yogi and his lil book says you do. 

You never let someone, no matter who it is, force something upon you that you don't want to do or something you feel won't help you.  Unfortunately, Yogi doesn't care that the student doesn't want to do it...  he'll force it on you anyways which is why his coaching philosophy is horrible.  It's his way or the highway.  It doesn't take 30 years of experience... or a ITTF coaching manual to tell you that forcing someone is morally the wrong thing to do.  The fact that he believes forcing people to his agenda equals good coaching is just laughable to me... like he and his book are the "God of Table Tennis" and everyone who doesn't follow his book is wrong.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 9:59pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 10:39pm

How is that skipping a step?  You can't FH FH drill with 1 ball?  You can't BH BH drill with one ball?  I believe thats how the majority of people learn when they first start.  Ball flies out?  They pick up the ball and keep going.  Like I said... you don't see everyone coming into a club with a tub of balls.  You see people with 1 ball... and they drill and play.

But sure... I 100% agree with you that it may work for some and not work for others.  And thats the entire point Yogi does not see.  He automatically sees... "its not what China or the ITTF book says so its automatically wrong" which is ignorant and 1 dimensional.  Are we suppose to ignore something that may work fantastic for someone because a book says for you to do it another way that may not work as well for that specific person?

When I use to watch Cheng Yi Du (Ex Chinese Provincial player and current high level player out here in California) and his partner train (FH FH then BH BH then practice points) at our club a year or so ago... how many balls do you think he brought to drill with?  1... 3 star ball.  That's it.  You don't believe me?  Ask Ohhgourami, or CAGarageSales or ComegLan... they watched them too.  And at the club we had carts and carts of balls free for everyone to use... yet they still used one 1 ball.  It fell off the table? They picked it up... kept going.  If Yogi was there and ran up to them and demanded they multiball... they woulda just looked at him and ignored him for trying to force something on them.

Point is Kenneyy... be realistic and think of typical everyday players you see.  Do you really see normal everyday players hauling in a tub of balls to the club and start multiball drilling with friends?  Is Yogi's vision of everyone multiballing China/Euro style realistic? Or do you see people bring 1 ball... and do what they gotta do until it breaks?

Like I said... him and his ITTF handbook are not in touch with reality... just what they perceive people need.  It's a guide but its like the bible to him... no table tennis player can not follow it or they aren't "correct."  The reality of real average people however... paints a different story.  Yet they choose to ignore it.  If they are stubborn enough to only walk down one road without even exploring others... then nothing I, or other people tell them will make them open their minds.  They will continue to force everyone down their one road because they feel anything other than their road... is the wrong road.  Much like a Dictatorship. 

We live in a free world where we can choose what road is best for us.  It's OUR choice... we don't have to be forced down one road just because Yogi and his lil book says you do. 

You never let someone, no matter who it is, force something upon you that you don't want to do or something you feel won't help you.  Unfortunately, Yogi doesn't care that the student doesn't want to do it...  he'll force it on you anyways which is why his coaching philosophy is horrible.  It's his way or the highway.  It doesn't take 30 years of experience... or a ITTF coaching manual to tell you that forcing someone is morally the wrong thing to do.  The fact that he believes forcing people to his agenda equals good coaching is just laughable to me... like he and his book are the "God of Table Tennis" and everyone who doesn't follow his book is wrong.

It is learning running before you can walk properly. 
People in the U.S don't have the luxury of multiball, so they often have flawed technique or will take a long time to learn the strokes. Even getting coaching in the U.S is very expensive. This thread is about multiball training. And it is beneficial even though many cannot use it. And it is especially good for beginners. 
And your example, Cheng Yi Du is no beginner. In fact many players do not like to do multiball because it is too tiring. So you have two cons of multiball- hard to implement and can be tiring and demotivating for players. 

Edited by kenneyy88 - 09/12/2011 at 10:40pm
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 11:12pm

But you can multiball if you wanted to quite easily.  All you need is to buy a buncha balls, put them in a tub, and have people hit them to you.  It might not be as fast or as accurate as from a high level coach... but you can always pay for coaching if you want that.  And I've already said that its beneficial... my point is that its not more beneficial than match play and if you overmultiball with not enough matchplay, your game can suffer as a result which is a major con about the misbalance of too much multiballing that alot of coaches do.

Like multiple people have said... we've observed people who multiballed too much and did not focus on enough matchplay.  They look fantastic in the multiball, but horrible in a match since it's nothing like the multiball.

Anyways... Paraffin oil just came so going to go mix up a new batch of tuner instead of repeating the same thing here over and over and over again in this thread.  If people don't understand... just find one of those students who look fantastic in multiball but awful in games and ask them if more gameplay experience would have helped them vs more multiball.  You can't beat straight up feedback from an actual student.

Edited by Rack - 09/12/2011 at 11:22pm

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 12:28am

YES!
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 1:15am
Really Bonggoy?  You see a majority of normal club players bringing in tubs of balls everyday?  By majority I mean you walk in the club and theres more people who brought in their own tubs of balls doing multiball with their tub of balls vs people who brought 1 ball playing games against people. 

If you're that confident... you want to make a little wager and visit a few random clubs to see if your theory is correct?  I'm that confident that you won't see the majority of normal club players bringing a tub of balls for the purpose of multiball.  You might see 1 or 2 and they're usually not doing multiball with the tub... its just they dont want to pick up balls between points.

You might see coaches bring in balls to multiball their students... but I'm confident you will not see more normal club players doing self multiball with their tubs vs normal people with 1 ball playing games.

Lets test it out on 3-5 random clubs in the US shall we?  You're welcomed to PM me and we'll set up the terms and the wager.

If I'm wrong... I have no problem admitting it... but I'm confident you're wrong and you're confident I'm wrong so I'll wait for your PM.  Let me know!  Anyways back to mixing up the tuner...

Edited by Rack - 09/13/2011 at 1:42am

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 1:50am
I'm training kids with multibal all the time now, the gains with athletic kids are from 1000 US to 1500 US in about 2 months, training no more than twice a week, but hitting a couple thousand balls on the training days. The easy gains are done now and I expect it will take many months to go from 1500 us to 1800 at least. Training with a single ball last year took me 6 months to get a kid from 1400 to 1800 us, training once per week. From what I can see so far the gains with multi ball are faster but more importantly give much better stroke form since you can give advice on adjustments while feeding balls, while the strokes are grooving in. We still practice "single" ball style too but have pockets full of balls to keep the tempo up
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 2:21am
Were the athletic kids trained from scratch or did they have prior experience?  How much did you have to "deprogram"?

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 4:08am
No not from scratch, I don't have the time for that, I don't have time to help people that have ten years of bad form ground in from using a worn out premade blade either. 

The kids I can easily help will play one season of basic matches (from scratch) then I'll help the kids that are keen have some ambition and want to go further in the game. You can deprogram young kids fairly fast with multiball. You just have to feed them balls that can't be returned with bad form, heavier backspin when teaching brush looping or faster balls on counter looping. Or just gentle counter hitting to learn the right stroke to keep your balance and not miss anything. I don't care so much if their strokes are not Chinese team perfect because the goal for these kids is not national level or anything like that, I only aim to help them get a good foundation to be able to play a decent club game of just over 2000 US. I can take them to 1800 fairly fast with a good foundation and a solid mechanical knowledge of all the big strokes you need to play at high level even if they wont use them yet at 1800 level in matches. After that they should be able to eventually make it over 2000 with enough years and matches and some mental maturity.

The goal for me isn't to produce any single great player but slowly build a stronger club, the average level of the club is 1500 us which I guess is normal for a small club but I'd like to improve that to at least 1700 in the near future. To do that I have to "seed" these more gifted players so they can then learn how to teach other young players and grow everyone in the club into a stronger player. But I certainly see multiball training as probably the only way to do that when time is limited and human time is always limited in one way or another
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 8:26am
@rack: the only reason why people (in my opinion) never did the "multiball bucket" in the beginning is because they never know about it. it's the same with tennis. kids to want to learn and play start with 1 ball...that's just how it is. but beginners by themselves have no knowledge of a coaching regiment. hence why they don't bring in a bucket with them when they play.

now people who get really serious and start doing some research, they're bound to stumble upon multiball and bam, they're going to try it.

there's a high likelihood that they're not going to stick to it though. for two big reasons too.....1) have to find someone who's willing to feed 2) have to find someone who KNOWS how to feed in order to avoid frustration.

again this is dangerous because you'll get some bad habits in but that's another different topic.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 9:53am

Really Bonggoy?  You see a majority of normal club players bringing in tubs of balls everyday?  By majority I mean you walk in the club and theres more people who brought in their own tubs of balls doing multiball with their tub of balls vs people who brought 1 ball playing games against people. 

If you're that confident... you want to make a little wager and visit a few random clubs to see if your theory is correct?  I'm that confident that you won't see the majority of normal club players bringing a tub of balls for the purpose of multiball.  You might see 1 or 2 and they're usually not doing multiball with the tub... its just they dont want to pick up balls between points.

You might see coaches bring in balls to multiball their students... but I'm confident you will not see more normal club players doing self multiball with their tubs vs normal people with 1 ball playing games.

Lets test it out on 3-5 random clubs in the US shall we?  You're welcomed to PM me and we'll set up the terms and the wager.

If I'm wrong... I have no problem admitting it... but I'm confident you're wrong and you're confident I'm wrong so I'll wait for your PM.  Let me know!  Anyways back to mixing up the tuner...

That's not what you ask earlier. You can't change the parameter of your argument midway. Read your previous post that I quoted.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 11:12am
Haha how many times do I have to tell you... I never said it wasn't good for beginners.  I said only multiball training ALONE is not good for beginners.  I said Match Play takes a higher priority than multiball.  Get it through your thick skull instead of just being so 1 dimensional with your little coaching book.  There are MULTIPLE ways to do things.... not just YOUR way. 

* ahmm you have been ditching multiballs as not good for teaching beginners since the first page of the topic now you are changing your stance about it? what you said in your ealier posts is that multiball is not good for beginners and should not be taught until higher levels! that is different from what you are saying now!  i never said also that multiball is the only thing for beginners. what i said over and over again is that multiball is good for beginners coupled with table drills and match plays! you are the one with the thick skull and narrowmindedness! there are many ways to skin a cat but there are proven principles that are good for players who want to develop their won game if they can afford to have it! can you not get it through your thick skull?

Stop trying to push your China training agenda... not everyone trains like they do in China.  Not everyone goes to table tennis school or has the time to multiball everyday.  Is it that hard to understand... people just play just to play instead of being multiballed to hell?  You're using China as the example... are the players in the USA the same as Chinese Players?  Do they share the same lifestyle?  Is table tennis in the USA anywhere NEAR important as it is in China?  Do you REALLLLY think the average club player comes to the club to multiball? 

*is it also hard for you to understand also that what im pointing at is that if multiball is used in china then its supposed to be the best way! you on the other hand kep repeating that multiball is not good for beginners! the situation of players in the us is not the point of not doing multiballs, thew point of this arguement from the beginning is that multiball is good even with beginners. you are poor with arguing because you keep changing the topics and include topics which are out of the points! 

Thats utterly ridiculous to expect EVERYONE to train to same way.  If people trained in the USA like they trained in China... there would be no reason many top players in the US travel to China to train if the training was EXACTLY the same.  It's a COMPLETELY different culture.

*again poor and flawed arguement skills. the topic here is if multiball is good for beginners. if its done by the best table tennis country then it must be essential and good for beginners. the issue here is if you have access to it as a beginner why not go with it!

Is the Chinese training realistic for average club player in the US who maybe buys 1-2 lessons?  How many BAD HABITS they've been doing for years do you think you can fix in 1-2 hours time?  You think multiballing them for 2 hours will fix BAD HABITS they've had for years?  You're using a situation that is completely different from REALITY!  OPEN YOUR MIND and ADAPT instead of pushing your little agenda.  Understand that what you want... is not what everyone wants.

* again let me reiterate this to your thick skull, accessibility of multiballs to the players is not the issue of this arguement. its the effectiveness of the multiballs as a training tool for beginners! duh! the wants of the players are not the topic since we are arguing about multiballs and its effectiveness to players who are beginners!

You say multiball is SOOOOO important and utterly required.  Why can players hit 1500 with ZERO multiball? Are you saying the majority of the worlds table tennis players have all done multiball since its sooo important?  If you are you're totally not in touch with reality and the average club player.  And you say...

"the issue of its availability is not the point here but its importance, if you are not able to find a coach who can give you a multiball drill it does not affect that FACT that multiball is important to beginners"

How can availability not be important????  ANYONE can multiball.  ANYONE can buy a tub of balls and feed to another person.  They might feed at a slower pace than a advanced player... they might not be as accurate in their simulation... but ANYONE can feed.  It's not rocket science to hit a ball to someone to hit.  Yet no average club players do it without coaching.... you haven't answered why yet... OR does your little ITTF book not tell you why?  Maybe its because NOT EVERYONE MULTIBALLS because they feel its NOT NECESSARY for what they want to achieve.

* availability does not affect the fact that multiballs in training beginners is the best method plus table drills and matches! 

You say in the other response... you train for what they need....

What if you can't fix it?  Not everyone can have PERFECT form and PERFECT strokes like highly trained players.  Especially people who started training late who have had bad habits for YEARS.  Believe it or not... the majority of the world DOES NOT go through any training at all.  You think everyone goes through stroke training?  So if they tell you they want to loop with their imperfect form... you'll refuse to teach them?  Thats why your 1 dimensional coaching makes no sense.  Instead of seeing the students circumstances and whats realistic... you only have a singular goal to China train them.

* you are the one who is one dimensional here coz you are the one who cant even recognize the importance of multiball training for beginners. so high level coaches around the world are 1 dimensional because they start training beginners with multiballs?? wow! and do you know how many people get bad habits and strokes because tehy do not have the right basics from the start? 

Who are you to decide what different people CAN and CAN NOT do?  Believe it or not... most people play the game... TO HAVE FUN.  NOT to be told you MUST multiball... especially if they can readily achieve their goals without it.

*why has the topic shifted to what can and cannot be done? the topic here is you know what :D

"using your logic again about the book saying the world is flat i will also believe its flat then"

Thats exactly why you're such a horrible coach regardless of how much experience you have.  All you believe is what you read in a book instead of REALITY and REALISTIC situations of students.  Such a narrowminded way to see things.  The fact that you need a ITTF Coaching Guide is already laughable.  If you're soo high and mighty with years of experience... you wouldn't need a guide to tell you what to do.  No coach here carries a ITTF coaching guide... they'ed get laughed outta the building.

*ahmm you are the one who is not realistic here. if you are a developing coach you need constant research about what is new and applicable. reading books and articles are some ways to improve. because of your narrow mindedness you cannot see the importance of people who are authorities in table tennis and i am not saying it is me but the ones i have mentioned. you always place your experience as your best source but the experiences of other people who are wayyyyy wayyyyyy ahead of you in terms of coaching you reject because they dont support your unfounded and biased opinion. just because you have experienced that in some people it doesnt mean that it is true all over. accept it or not there are things taht have been perfected and proven effective. if multiball is effective for beginners then prove something that it is not! until now all you mention is what you see which is so superficial and pathetic yo dont know what is a godo training method even for beginners! 

This is why you can't understand that the average person plays the game just to play the game.  Not to be multiballed or to follow your lil ITTF manual of how they should be.  You don't understand the individuality of people and that EVERYONE is unique... EVERYONE is different.  The fact that you disregard that and push your ITTF book and your training on them even if they don't wish that style of training is just insulting. 

* it is again because of your narrowmindedness and lack of knowledge that makes you a fool of what you are saying. what we are talking about here is the importance of multiball for beginners

If someone comes to you and pays you... YOU work for THEM.  If you don't like it?  You can GTFO.  If they say NO to something... you DO NOT FORCE IT UPON THEM.  You find another way to do it.  Or does your ITTF manual... or your years of experience not teach you that? 

* nice try again diverting the issue but i will answer you hypothetical situation. as what i have done for all my students in the past and present i always make them see the importance of developing their techniques.. if that is your attitude then you should never get a coach since you already have a mindset which maybe it is WRONG then the coach can correct you and let you see our errors! 

also for the past 4 pages you have been saying that multiball is not important for lower players now you say multiballing alone is not good. that is not what you are saying in your former posts! you keep diverting the topic and posting insignificant reasoning which does not affect the facts! i really enjoy this thread because the more a person speaks the more ignorance he appears due to his lack of knowledge on some things in TT

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 3:24pm

@rack: the only reason why people (in my opinion) never did the "multiball bucket" in the beginning is because they never know about it. it's the same with tennis. kids to want to learn and play start with 1 ball...that's just how it is. but beginners by themselves have no knowledge of a coaching regiment. hence why they don't bring in a bucket with them when they play.

now people who get really serious and start doing some research, they're bound to stumble upon multiball and bam, they're going to try it.

there's a high likelihood that they're not going to stick to it though. for two big reasons too.....1) have to find someone who's willing to feed 2) have to find someone who KNOWS how to feed in order to avoid frustration.

again this is dangerous because you'll get some bad habits in but that's another different topic.

Pretty sure average club players who go to dedicated TT clubs with coaching see the coaches multiballing students. 

But as you said... theres a high likelihood they're not going to stick with it for those 2 reasons.  Yet they can get along without it and still do fine.  Therefore its not "required"... am I wrong here?  If you take all the table tennis players in the world and put them in a big room... I'm pretty sure the majority of them have not multiballed.  And also, I'm pretty sure those players didn't go down in flames like Yogi says they would because they didn't multiball.  It's simply not required for the average club player.

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 3:30pm
@ Bonggoy...

I'm pretty sure you understood what I meant when I said you don't see tons of normal people bringing in tubs of balls everyday to multiball themselves.  How many do you see usually who bring their own tubs.... maybe 1?  maybe 2?

Simply put... it's not realistic to see that when you walk in a club.  Most people are there to play games and challenge people or get formalized coaching. 

Do you agree?  Is that not what you see in clubs?

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic